• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic

Hekata

Artisan
Don't recall seeing the special event +1 building this time ... was it a four-leaf clover?
LMAO! That would have been awesome, at least they would have been honest about it. Plus to stay in tune with the random theme, it would give you a random number of + ribbons: 0, 1 or 2 :)

DeletedUser1874

Don't recall seeing the special event +1 building this time ... was it a four-leaf clover?
It typically appears on day 2... but it should look like a slot machine or a pachinko contraption this year around. Don't ruin four-leaf clovers for me please, I like them, and they mean "good luck", not "the house always wins". :diamond:

Sir Derf

Adept
It's always 1 hammer per present, unless x2 is active (then it's 2). Converting a single hammer to bricks yields 1, 2 or 3 bricks randomly.

Ok, so another random thing to add to this lottery event.

To be fair, it hasn't really been added, as it's basically the same as it has been in every other main event to my memory, just with an extra step thrown in.

Past events, you opened a orb/shell/chest and directly got 1-3 stars/pearls/flowers for the 20-piece constellation/string of pearls/flower path. This event, you open a present and get 1 hammer, which gives you 1-3 bricks in the 20-piece house. I haven't collected one yet, so I don't know about the animation/presentation, but I don't know why they had to introduce the intermediary of the hammer.

DeletedUser1874

To be fair, it hasn't really been added, as it's basically the same as it has been in every other main event to my memory, just with an extra step thrown in.
The underlined part is not true at all. In the previous events, we used to be able to strategically pick the most token-efficient chests. Now it's entirely up to chance. Not to mention, the average cost per token has pretty much doubled - used to be around 23, now it's 50.
For reference,

Hekata

Artisan
What @Vetrinus said above. And I also said a few comments back. In the previous events we controlled how many tokens we want to get for our currency. We could choose the most efficient chest or disregard that and go for the ones with the best chance for the daily prize or the ones with the items we want (boosters, spells...)

Jackluyt

Shaman
:):)

78858545_10215370156947773_8814167666223742976_n.jpg

But we must not be entirely negative about this event! The quest lists are much better than ever before; I have not encountered any that specific players can't or won't do. Take last Event's Three Rotating Chests and tack on this quest list - and that will be a winner.

One thing we can say about this design team - they show a willingness to listen to the players and make changes - so let's see what they come up with next time!

Deleted User - 1634960

@Vetrinus The equivalent to the 'tokens' you refer to are not the Hammers, but the Bricks you get when you use them. So far, I am getting slightly better than 2 Bricks per Hammer, so, when the extra Hammers from X2 and extra Ribbons are factored in, the cost would be about the same, if not less. ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
@Hekata, I can't speak to what you thought you meant, I can only go by what I read you wrote.
@Vetrinus, I provided both Hekata's statement I was responding to, as well as the context to that statement, the quote from @MinMax Gamer.

Yes, the randomized presents replaces the semi-randomized orbs/shells/chests of previous events, removing the element of strategy. But that clearly was not the aspect of this event that Hekata was referring to as "another random thing to add to this lottery event" Hekata was referring to the 1-3 bricks per hammer.

It is a thing.
It is a random thing.
It is another random thing.
It is another random thing in this event.

My point was that it was not another random thing added to this event.

It is a random thing that is the equivalent to similar random things from previous events.

DeletedUser8632

The Shuffle prize is the one thing that will utterly kill this event for me. Previous events had their ups and downs but one thing was always a highlight: Taking your currency and opening chests/shells/whatnots for prizes was ultimately fun and enjoyable. That joy is now gone for me.

This... this... abomination of a "bonus" prize is beyond frustrating and aggravating. And its not like there are not 15 pages in the beta forum exactly explaining how this is a bad idea.

And for crying out loud, if you want to stop people from farming Wishing Wells in events, just effing stop putting them up as prizes!

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
:):)

78858545_10215370156947773_8814167666223742976_n.jpg

But we must not be entirely negative about this event! The quest lists are much better than ever before; I have not encountered any that specific players can't or won't do. Take last Event's Three Rotating Chests and tack on this quest list - and that will be a winner.

One thing we can say about this design team - they show a willingness to listen to the players and make changes - so let's see what they come up with next time!
The wording in the above is definitely wrong, there is no "if" as there is no choice, when shuffle appears you must do it or wait until the next day when it will be done anyway.

In Beta we asked for it to be changed so we could shuffle when we wanted to, i.e. when we had won the daily prize but no... so you could have opened 12 prizes and not got the daily, open another and be forced to shuffle to the full 16 again. I guess we're lucky that very few of the daily prizes are actually worth having!

DeletedUser8632

The wording in the above is definitely wrong, there is no "if" as there is no choice, when shuffle appears you must do it or wait until the next day when it will be done anyway.

In Beta we asked for it to be changed so we could shuffle when we wanted to, i.e. when we had won the daily prize but no... so you could have opened 12 prizes and not got the daily, open another and be forced to shuffle to the full 16 again. I guess we're lucky that very few of the daily prizes are actually worth having!

Players on Beta: The shuffle is terrible, please change it or make it go away
Inno: Let us shove this announcement in your face and pretend the shuffle is a great thing, that won't aggravate anybody at all!

Timneh

Artisan
My early views on this event are that i like that the devs appear to have listened to what was said about the last events and have changed things to what i find to be a better system for the quests but the new system for the rewards is a huge pile of crap, i shouldn't be surprised really because whenever INNO give you something with one hand they take something away with the other. It was good to be able to plan what prizes you might get with the old system and target certain chests or whatever to get the things you wanted be that instants more event currency or the daily prize. I wonder why they felt they needed to remove that.

DeletedUser1874

@Vetrinus The equivalent to the 'tokens' you refer to are not the Hammers, but the Bricks you get when you use them. So far, I am getting slightly better than 2 Bricks per Hammer, so, when the extra Hammers from X2 and extra Ribbons are factored in, the cost would be about the same, if not less. ;)
I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but we'll need a much bigger sampling pool to see how it'll go. Thus far, my impression is that more hammers/tokens are needed per artifacts, I burned most of mine from the alt cities yesterdays to try and win the WW (also didn't really appreciate the Reshuffle appearing at the worst times ever). That being said the extra layer of RNG involved and being unable to pick the most efficient option (and being instead frustrated by untimely reshuffles and this overcomplicated slot-machine-like system) is not something I like, and I won't like it even in the (in my opinion extremely unlikely) that it'll yield better results (at least as far as Grand Prizes / Evolving Artifacts are concerned, daily and filler prizes haven't been un-nerfed aside from very minor stuff, whereas the nerfs are quite big) than the previous systems.

@Sir Derf
It's always 1 hammer per present, unless x2 is active (then it's 2). Converting a single hammer to bricks yields 1, 2 or 3 bricks randomly.
It's more random because it's 1, 2 or 3 and you've got no control over it. Which chests appeared was also random, granted, but at least we could pick the most efficient one. Remove that element of choice, and you can't call it equivalent. The difference is drastic.

Sir Derf

Adept
It's more random because it's 1, 2 or 3 and you've got no control over it. Which chests appeared was also random, granted, but at least we could pick the most efficient one. Remove that element of choice, and you can't call it equivalent. The difference is drastic.
And again, I acknowledge your orange in response to my apple. Your orange

My apple - Hekata said 1-3 bricks per hammer was another random thing added to this event. Yes, it is random, My point, though, was it was not added.
Your orange - You say loss of control over chest selection is an added random. Yes, it is.

My apple does not address your orange.
Your orange does not contradict my apple.