• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser

Since we get so many event buildings and sets that produce T1, I removed those manufactories altogether.

But the message is clear; Inno does not want us to roll through their events like champs, simply because we made efficient cities with enough space to do so. No, instead we are forced to play exactly the way Inno demands we play.

I am quite dissappointed. I just hope we don't get any forced scouting and province completion; what Inno says and what Inno does are obviously in very separate worlds.

True that, they did not like the champs last time, reading the reaction on the beta forum from Kersepitje (Elvenar Team)

Kersepitje - QA Moderator said:
We had a problem with players being able to 'cheat' the system by placing too many workshops and factories then that was intended, this would become a huge problem when we made the quest endless. So we try to tackle this issue on different ways, last event we tried it with 'complete province' quests, this time we try it with current advancement quests.

We feel confident that this approach is better then the last one, and that the players will stay within our desired prize outcome. Only time will tell, we know all of you can be very creative. And if its really as bad as you all think now, we can take that feedback for the next event or even try to adjust some things in this event if that is technically possible. But at the moment im confident that it won't be needed.

PS: also realise that if you win 6 bears, you probably wont be able to get enough pet food to support them all anyway

sunrae

Soothsayer
I think that after so many complaints about having to keep building lvl 1 workshops/manus the devs have come up with an idea to address that. The quests will not contain "make 10/25/50 etc supplies/goods, they will be much smaller in number. So far I've had quests for 3 and 5 items, although its still very early in the event. This is not a bad idea at all. I will have to build a couple more workshops, before it goes to my live cities as I keep only 3 (thanks to event prizes), but they will be permanent and not interfere with the space needed for guest races. Its frustrating when nearing the end of a guest race and having no space for dozens of little buildings. This is a sensible way of addressing the complaints I think.

All the events are supposed to be challenging otherwise whats the point and if they all followed the same format we would soon be complaining that they are boring. I may change my mind before its over on Beta and if I do then will certainly let you know, but so far Im happy with the changes. There is only one quest for scout a province, with no alternative, apparently, which I believe is meant to slow progress down somewhat, especially for those who like to race through events, but as pet food is less common to craft now, the advantage of gaining more than one or two bears isnt so great. I like the endless quests but its pretty obvious that there would be restrictions in other areas to counter-act them. Seems a sound plan to me.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This is not a bad idea at all
We will see how the (late game) players that do not visit the forums and play on their own will think about this when the event hits them and they spend 2 weeks building to their level needed. As they may not have t1 factories or workshops at all. And if no diamonds spend only two builders available.

Imho it is a good idea to think about, but they hit too hard with it. For a first time round they could have said it would be a middle ground or something, level 10 or so. That way we can get used to it.

Killiak

Artisan
Comments on beta say that there is a scout 1 province quest that has not got an alternative and that there are complete province quests.

@Dizzy Lizzie @Muf-Muf
"Your feedback is heard!"

Yeah, you want to run that by us again?

True that, they did not like the champs last time, reading the reaction on the beta forum from Kersepitje (Elvenar Team)

Thanks for the info.

@Dizzy Lizzie @Muf-Muf
Here's a tip. If you don't want people to grab up too many prizes, THEN DON'T MAKE THEM AVAILABLE.
Stop mucking up events with stupid ideas that are only aggravating for players who actually LISTENED to Inno on the subject of scouting and completing provinces. Who simply play by the means you give them. (giant goods productions per 24 hours in sets and event buildings, hello!?)
It's like you all change the direction, course and opinion of the dev team on a monthly basis!

Seriously, this is frustrating as heck! As you can clearly tell by the above, it's driving me up the wall.

Last edited:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Unless the same change is made for FAs, then its pointless. If you are in an FS that competes in FAs then you need a load of space for a shanty town of lev 1 buildings, and at least this space was useful for events\next guest race\FA. Now you must spend weeks (literally weeks!) building temporary lev 30 buildings - or run a horribly inefficient city year round with waaay too many massive workshops. I appreciate the problem Inno are trying to address, but this isn't the solution.

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Kersepitje said:
players will stay within our desired prize outcome

If they don't want people winning so many prizes, they should not make quests endless and have 6 grand prizes available!!!

What a dumb move that is...

Since we get so many event buildings and sets that produce T1, I removed those manufactories altogether.

But the message is clear; Inno does not want us to roll through their events like champs, simply because we made efficient cities with enough space to do so. No, instead we are forced to play exactly the way Inno demands we play.

I am quite dissappointed. I just hope we don't get any forced scouting and province completion; what Inno says and what Inno does are obviously in very separate worlds.
Indeed... Imagine having just deleted all high level manufactories (which I did as well) because Inno provides event buildings that outperform high level manufactories...
It's so utterly stupid I just can't even...

I appreciate the problem Inno are trying to address, but this isn't the solution.

It's a solution to a problem that didn't exist. They are once again ignoring the real problem.
They shouldn't try to fix what isn't broken, but rather focus their energy and attention on the problems that have been pointed out so many times already now...

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
It's funny because if what the devs want is to have us win less prizes they shouldn't have changed anything in the first place. When I started this game there were few events (4 big and maybe 2 or 3 small ones) and we had a fixed number of quests, 3 possible chests, always the same ones. Back then it was very hard to actually win everything (without spending a lot of diamonds). I remember never getting the 3rd big prize and sometimes not even the 2nd one, and getting very few daily prizes. And the daily prizes weren't half as good as now. Granted my city was smaller and I could do better now but that system worked.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
If they don't want people winning so many prizes, they should not make quests endless and have 6 grand prizes available!!!

What a dumb move that is...
i find this whole change hilarious. people were complaining that we werent listening to their feedback.What were they saying?
we want more quests, after a few days we have done them all and are bored.
so they make the quest endless event tho that hurts their income because it makes the event outpost kinda worthless.

Once they were endless, the feedback was: we dont like the complete provinces quests, so again they listened to feedback and added another way to have endless quests and still limit the amount of event currency that you can gain. And again we don't like it.

now the feedback is: they should have never made the quests endless :)

Honestly you must admit that people winning more then 10 evolving buildings when the game only allowed for 6 in the normal prizes, that that is a problem, no? It ment alot of extra work on the mods to give them the prizes they deserved at the end. I fully understand that they want to tackle that problem (they could have also just added more prizes to the programming, but we know inno, the most logical solution is usually not what they choose).

Personally i like this challenge, and if i manage to win more then 1 bear then ill get the feeling i achieved something. If i would have won more then 5 bears in the setup as previous event, it wouldnt have felt good at all.
So i for one welcome this change (even tho im probably one of the few).

Anyway in my feeling all the feedback and suggestions we make, end up differently then we expect, so be carefull in what you give as feedback/suggestions... :D

C-Nymph

Necromancer
now the feedback is: they should have never made the quests endless :)

No, not what I meant. I love the endless quests, so by all means they should keep them endless!
BUT if Inno themselves are now b*tching about people winning too many prizes, well that's on them! They should've thought about that before designing it this way. They should know by now that people will always try to go for the maximum benefit in an event. So if they provide the opportunity, we will take it!

It's just very clear that Inno doesn't want to see their players succeed in a challenge. Their idea of a challenge is that it should be so hard, no one actually makes it to the end. Well, they're for sure underestimating players' willingness to make an effort and eagerness to perform/progress.

Inno are doing everything to slow us down in progression through the game. They don't want us to get through guest races too quickly, so they throw a pile of events/FA's/spire's/etc in our faces every month, to try and slow us down (yet they also provide Portal Profits, which kind of does the opposit of slowing down progression through a guest race). They also don't want us to win too many prizes in an event, yet they provide full opportunity to do just that! They don't want us to take too many provinces, yet they put "complete provinces" quests in events. I could keep going, but I hope you/they get my point.

If they don't want us to do something, they should not give us the means to do that something. Players will always try to make the most of a situation, irrespective of what that particular 'situation' is. They should stop underestimating us and see our true potential ;)

Killiak

Artisan
i find this whole change hilarious.

So hilarious, but what you say about the feedback is not the actual feedback that was given

Wanting endless quests, or more quests, does not mean more prizes. This wasn't even mentioned.
Forced scouting and province completion is always going to remain a bad choice, but the feedback was about adding an alternative IN the quest; not muck around with building levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Please stay respectful towards fellow forum users and the Elvenar / InnoGames staff, even in frustration.

We're happy to discuss concerns, but please keep in mind that you're talking with and about human beings here. Thank you. :)

DeletedUser6357

Elvenar will fall victim to modern corporate education and upbringing. No one in a management position is interested in clients, only financial performance.
The result is - a game with great potential and beautiful graphics is treated as some chewing gum, candy, toilet paper or laundry detergent: things are constantly being introduced that make the game easier and more attractive, advertised - to have more buyers, and they give absurd tasks, with the idea that most average users will pay to solve them.
There was almost nothing left of the original good and balanced game except the graphics.

DeletedUser8409

Please stay respectful towards fellow forum users and the Elvenar / InnoGames staff, even in frustration.

We're happy to discuss concerns, but please keep in mind that you're talking with and about human beings here. Thank you. :)
That's fair but please stay respectful to your players too. I don't have any Tier 1 Manufactories of my level because I can get my goods from Mermaids and other sources. I don't have many workshops as I paid diamonds to get premium ones. What am I supposed to do?

To change the way the game has always operated like this to require major manufactories of current levels is a massive kick in the teeth.

What was the point of paying diamonds for premium workshops (which consume much more population than regular ones) or winning Mermaids if this is going to be sprung upon us?

And simply building new manufactories isn't an option. It'll take weeks to get manufactories from tier 1 to constructs. To get Residences required, workshops etc all up to that level will take months.

This isn't an event it's a slap in the face. If you're going to suddenly require "current level" buildings it should be possible to build current level buildings rather than have to build from level 1 to level 24 or whatever all over again.

It's just not fair to expect us to use buildings we may not have and will take weeks or months to build when you include associated Residences etc.

DeletedUser7526

I just deleted all T1s and supporting residences after mermaid event... I am entering constructs and have spent a few dollars here and there. This move only makes me want to respectfully quit the game.

Killiak

Artisan

And what good will a discussion do, since you have no direct influence on the Devs anyway?
The concerns on Squad Size within tournaments have been forwarded how many times now? Upon which today, by the way, a senior game moderator just waved them off as a "so-called issue".
It would seem, to my opinion, that while our feedback is forwarded, the listening is a bit off.

I will reiterate what I have said before; 'what Inno says, and what Inno does, are two things living in very separate worlds indeed'.

Active and creative players are being punished for playing that way. Play like Inno demands, or else!

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
We're happy to discuss concerns

Herein lies another problem, you don't discuss things with us. We hardly ever hear from you unless you are telling us to be respectful or to stop talking about things you don't like us talking about, there have been god knows how many comments made on this forum that warrented a response from a member of the Elvenar team but they never got one.
We now have 2 CMs on this forum but we still get no communication from Inno's side. How many times has the lack of communication been mentioned and it still has not improved.
@Muf-Muf you once told me that it was part of your job to respond to players concerns and get answers to the questions asked by players, has your job changed so that you no longer do that ?

DeletedUser7081

This event is a slap in the face for players who have actually invested money in MWs (I hope this gives everyone pause to spend a dime for anything now - it will serve you right!). Not to mention for anyone who is at the end chapters - building what we need to have more T1 manu and WS is so great we are better off ignoring it. I will be ignoring this event if the mechanics do not change, thank you very much!

Inno, way to reward us for playing the game for years - you are the best and you show so much respect toward people who play Elvenar! <--- Sarcasm sign

m4rt1n

Adept
In my opinion, gain x goods or gain x supplies quests would be far better and solve the issue of players getting their goods and supplies by other means than regular workshops and factories. They could even work it to exclude the trader so we would have to produce the goods ourselves.

DeletedUser4149

In my opinion, gain x goods or gain x supplies quests would be far better and solve the issue of players getting their goods and supplies by other means than regular workshops and factories. They could even work it to exclude the trader so we would have to produce the goods ourselves.
yes, these quests, more than others we've encountered so far, contradict the statement made on their wiki page that tell us
"Build up the most beautiful city and establish the most efficient economic system that you can"
now they're rewarding those who have an excessive amount of high level workshops and factories.
yes, other events did that too but those didn't take weeks to prepare for because it only took 1 minute or less to place the buildings that we needed.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
I may be missing the bigger picture here but surely if the devs dont want us to win so many grand prizes just cap them at 2 or 3. Keep the infinite quests going for those who want to keep bashing away but offer lesser stuff - time instants or something.