• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Armaments

DeletedUser7968

I am in Orcs, but I can't find what Armaments are used for ...wiki is no help ...can someone tell me please

edit : found out ... "raid"

you can delete this post, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
For a minute I wondered what armaments were, then I remembered the horror of having to endure the Orcs chapter.

Julian

Sorcerer
It's certainly been a bit of a nightmare, but hopefully I'll be out of it today!

Hekata

Artisan
Ha finally someone that hated the orcs as much as I did! That chapter is so tediously slow (and there were no instants for guest races when I was in orcs) and the buildings are so ugly. I got stuck there for eternity and was so close to quitting the game. I remember at some point staring to login ever second day and feeling like it's a chore I have to do. I still have no idea how I survived it. I've just entered orcs with my second city an I'm wondering if I should just delete it or go for it and hope that with portal profits it won't last as long as last time.

Anyway, about that those streets, I was very happy when I could make roads with mana. Before that, once the guest resources are gone and I needed new roads, I had to either switch to a new kind (but they only come at the end of the chapter) or revert to one of those pre-guest races. My streets looked like a patchwork. Plus mana decays anyway so once I'm stuck in the tech tree I use kps for Aws and mana for roads :)

Pauly7

Magus
I saw Orcs coming and delayed going into the chapter. To get through it I had to not upgrade many buildings to Orc level. The ones that I needed, like the armouries, I tucked away in my guest race area. Once I'd raced through the chapter I upgraded everything straight through the Orc levels to Woodelf levels. It was especially annoying since I couldn't bear to have the fluorescent purple Fairy houses either!

With streets I have areas of one kind or another, but there are only really two kinds I like, so save for my central square with its golden streets and a few bits of Dwarven street, mine are all cobbled streets or Lore streets.

Hekata

Artisan
Lol, I felt the same about the fairy houses. I remember not wanting to upgrade the MH until I could go straight to orcs (didn't know how it looked yet) but had to do it because otherwise I couldn't have enough coins to get the last expansion.

Occasionally I can do an area with different streets but for the most part I like them to all look the same. It gives more unity to my city that sometimes tends to look chaotic becasue of all the event buildings.

Pauly7

Magus
I completely agree about that hideous eye watering purple, especially on some of the elven buildings! I'll take the first level orc buildings any day, with that cool blue.
The first level human Orcs residence I didn't actually mind. That was one of the saving graces. It didn't look too far different from the level 15 houses, of which I still have about 4. For that matter first level Fairy residences were OK too.