• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Scouting Issues

DeletedUser9170

I have started having a couple of IG issues, the main one is when scouting new provinces. Namely, I l must always have to fight now rather than the negotiating option. The problem am having is no matter what fighters I add, they're just not enough and m getting defeated EVERY time so I can't get any more expansions until I can start winning again.

What am I doing wrong?

DeletedUser5381

Hi Laegnir, Do those provinces have a red ring? You will have to wait until the rings change color again. Sounds like you need a Squad Size Upgrade. Until then sending your men into battle will not get you where you want to go.

Julian

Sorcerer
Why can't you negotiate? If it is a lack of resources, just wait until you've produced some more. But it maybe as Jackal2 says, and you've already gone as far as you can for the moment. When you get to the next chapter, your scouting and negotiation costs will decrease by 25%.

DeletedUser9170

Hi Laegnir, Do those provinces have a red ring? You will have to wait until the rings change color again. Sounds like you need a Squad Size Upgrade. Until then sending your men into battle will not get you where you want to go.

* Yes, they do indeed have a red ring. Okies.
* At what point can I gain Treants? With the 100 Treant I was originally given, I found they were brilliant in squashing heavy resistance. Those are now down to 9.7 and don't want to lose more untl I can create more.

Why can't you negotiate? If it is a lack of resources, just wait until you've produced some more. But it maybe as Jackal2 says, and you've already gone as far as you can for the moment. When you get to the next chapter, your scouting and negotiation costs will decrease by 25%.

* Yeah I am trying to build resources back up but is so slow-going lol.
* Okies, I have seen numerous posts where others have mentioned chapters. What are these?

Timneh

Artisan
Chapters are sort of segments that the game is broken up into, you can see them in the research tree (the book icon at the bottom of the screen) The first 5 chapters are all just normal things that are helping you to grow. When you get to chapter 6 you get guest races visiting your city, this is where you start having to build special buildings and producing special goods to complete research in the research tree. I hope that makes sense and helps you.

DeletedUser9170

Okies, thanks for the info guys. Currently am near the end of chapter one but can't really negotiate any more as items needed are set way too high and I don't have the manpower to fight. So, all I can do now is try and increase the number of my supplies (marble, steel and planks), then I can finish the last 3 - 4 research items, then I can move on to chapter 2

Timneh

Artisan
One of the most important things you need in this game is patience. Just take your time and you will get there.

DeletedUser9170

True true. Doesn't help when you just want to crack on hahaha

Thagdal

Sorcerer
What am I doing wrong?

Overscouting is whats wrong. you have rings around your provinces blue(very easy) green(easy) yellow(hard) red(very hard)
Even getting the 25% reduction on advanced scouts will only bring you back to yellow and maybe a couple of green, so you are always going to have a hard time negotiating or battling.
You will hit a wall on province ring 10 when you need orcs to negotiate also, which you wont get till Orcs chapter.

My advice would be to either start a new game (in a new world if you've spent diamonds) with you only being chapter 1. or only scout the provinces needed to complete the chapter and wait till it starts getting easier.

Elvenar is a game of patience not speedy gonzales:p

How will you be able to complete province/tournament or scouting quests in events if you cant get the troops or resources to do so?

Check out elvengems website for a guide on playing elvenar efficiently.:)

DeletedUser9170

Okay, thanks for the info. Will bare it in mind. Will also check out the website too

DeletedUser5381

Meanwhile what you can do, is train as many of the troops you have access to, and help out your team in the tournaments every week. The relics from your boost industries (planks, silk, and dust) will multiply your production ability for those products, non boosted relics will power your Magic Academy when you get it built. Playing the tournaments is the best way to get relics fast.

Pauly7

Magus
Overscouting is whats wrong. you have rings around your provinces blue(very easy) green(easy) yellow(hard) red(very hard)
Haha, I never even knew that blue even existed! I have to say though that right now for me green and yellow both seem very easy to fight.

DeletedUser9170

I do do the tournaments already and have noticed the relics too.

When I play either on my phone or kindle fire I haven't noticed any colour rings, but funnily enough I did spot red rings last night when I used my laptop.