• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Suggestions to help end-game players in events.

Sir Derf

Adept
Rather than complain about quests that are unfair to end-of-game players, I'll make a few suggestions for game modifications that would work around these blockages.

End game players have no more Techs available, so get stuck on quests that ask for solved techs. Rather than remove the quest for everyone because of this minority, how about for each new Guest Race chapter from now on there exists a new side-chain terminal tech branching off the ultimate Tech. Call it Perpetual Research, or Graduate Studies, or Continuing Education. This tech would be active once the normal final Tech is finished, and would deactivate when the chest for the next Guest race is opened, once it becomes available. Maybe this tech would provide no benefits, or maybe it provides some from of instant. Maybe it has static requirements, or it gets progressively more demanding like buying KP (although that might eventually be cause for future complaints). But the key to this tech is that it would be always available for research; unlock the tech and it resets for repeated research.

End game players have maxed out all their buildings, and so get stuck on quests that ask for building upgrades. So, add a new building that has infinite upgradability. After maximum buffable upgrades, it enters a phase perpetual future upgrades. Call it Renovations. The Elvenar equivalent of the Winchester Mansion. Maybe the building is hit by a tornado with each upgrade, is lifted off it's foundation and returned rotated 90 degrees. Maybe the building cycles through 4 different seasonal dressings. Maybe it cycles through an arrangement of different stats. But the key to this building is that it would be always available for upgrade; upgrade the building and it resets for repeated upgrading.

When Elvenar wants you to make Elvenade, ask for new Elven lemons.

So, what's the current record for the post with the most likes?

Hekata

Artisan
I'm not a player at the end of the tech tree so I have no idea what they will think of it but I think it might work. And the 2 can work together. For instance every time you complete the tech you unlock 4 more upgrades for that house. Ofc that tech would have have a limit for the number of kps it could require, so lets say the average amount of kps needed for techs in the last chapter. And the building too, it's building time (and space) can't grow indefinitely or it loses it purpose. Let's say 24-30 hours at most after that it's always the same. Plus it would have to have some benefits. So at the very least culture. Or pop, or produce something -mana, a small kp instant, small profit...

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Don't just add your comments, like the original post. Or like that nay-sayer, I suppose. Get my initial post to 5 likes, and I'll come up with some stretch goals...

Of course the House for All Seasons(tm) would have some stats, it just wouldn't have infinitely-increasing stats to go along with it's infinite remodels. And, despite my earlier hedged musing, I think it's Remodel costs and Remodel time would be fixed, since if either of those were to increase, we'd just have transformed the "I can't do this quest at all" into "I'm so advanced, this quest takes too long for me."

Ditto for Continuing Education(tm). Fixed cost. Cap on benefit.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Of course the House for All Seasons(tm) would have some stats, it just wouldn't have infinitely-increasing stats to go along with it's infinite remodels.

So I can sink resources infinitely and gain nothing after reaching a cap?
And the same applies to the "Continuing Education(tm)"?

Why would I want this?

Pauly7

Magus
And the same applies to the "Continuing Education(tm)"?

Why would I want this?
Presumably there would have to be some sort of reward because you've just sunk 50KP or 100KP into it, but I doubt that Inno would be keen to pay out anything commensurate with that investment for fear of affecting their 'game-balance'.

I like the ideas though.

DeletedUser6357

I'm done with Constructs and I don't see a major problem in The Mermaids, except one - Inno games didn't explain the new things.
Inno games just throw people into the deep water and expect them to learn how to swim fast!