• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Mass workshop productions

DeletedUser5976

I used the app to start all my workshop productions (90 toolboxes) and returned to the PC to find 21 of them still idle. Went back to the app and started those 21 again and now they are all running. Is this a bug or is there a cap on how many workshops can be started all at once?

FieryArien

Necromancer
This happened to me too. Just once and I though I just hallucinated. :) I noticed that it happened when the “mass launch” was the last thing I did before closing the application (or maybe logging out to switch to another world).

PS: I’ve got only 42 workshops.

EDIT for another PS: I just LOVE this “start all” feature.

DeletedUser5976

EDIT for another PS: I just LOVE this “start all” feature.
+1 and I wish it was also on PC.

And yes it was the last thing I did as well (well I went to the app just for this, so it was at the moment also the only thing I did in the app).

cwgiii

Shaman
This happened to me as well. I have a thought as to why. When collecting (after a "start all" activation), I notice that the workshops "pop" up as complete a few at a time, as if they were started a few at a time, rather than all exactly at once (like in a background auto process). I wonder, if you "start all" on the app, and then immediately close the app (thinking that they all actually started), that the system is in process starting the workshops in small batches, and then gets cut off before that process completes.

I have not had this issue since I noticed the "small batch start" situation. Might be because I make sure to stay logged in for a good while and keep the window open, rather than letting it "go to sleep".

Just a thought.

DeletedUser3097

I used the app to start all my workshop productions (90 toolboxes) and returned to the PC to find 21 of them still idle. Went back to the app and started those 21 again and now they are all running. Is this a bug or is there a cap on how many workshops can be started all at once?
I imagine that you need to give the system time to start all your productions, especially 90 of them, so I think @cwgiii 's theory is probably correct. Incidentally, do you play on an Android or ios device? @LadyHavva ? @FieryArien @cwgiii ?

I'll try to find a definitive answer to this but, in the meantime, I think good advice would be to allow time before closing the workshop window.

FieryArien

Necromancer
@Dizzy Lizzie, I play on iOS.

in the meantime, I think good advice would be to allow time before closing the workshop window.
This is exactly what I started doing after I met the issue. Usually check the trader, neighbor help notifications, Magic Academy etc. to give the system more time to finish the mass launch. I haven’t met the problem again after this adjustment.

DeletedUser5976

@Dizzie Lizzie, I play on Android. Yeah I will give them more time tomorrow.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I think good advice would be to allow time before closing the workshop window.
This is exactly what I started doing after I met the issue. Usually check the trader, neighbor help notifications, Magic Academy etc. to give the system more time to finish the mass launch. I haven’t met the problem again after this adjustment.
Oops, I didn’t notice the workshop part. We can’t actually wait with closing the workshop window, because it closes automatically when we choose the production. ;-) We now wait with closing the app. (Just small clarification for possible other readers.)

DeletedUser9098

The app does not start all workshop at once.
It uses request-chaining and starts them one after another.
This takes some time. If you leave the app before all production are started you will end with not all workshops started.

Paladestar

Enchanter
The app does not start all workshop at once.
It uses request-chaining and starts them one after another.
This takes some time. If you leave the app before all production are started you will end with not all workshops started.

Really? That's so inefficient! The game's API actually allows for an unlimited number of productions to be started (or for finished productions to be collected) with a single request and did even before the mass-start option was implemented in the app.

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your reports about the new workshop mechanism. Your feedback has been passed on.