• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered When does Portal Profit switch to next chapter goods?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Hi, I've searched the forum but wasn't able to find the answer, so I'm hoping someone can give me a definitive answer.

First things first: I know the portal profit only gives goods if you have a portal. I also know it gives the goods of the current chapter you're in.

Then hypothetically speaking; say I was to unlock the first Constructs tech, this would mean I would officially be in the Constructs chapter. However, I would keep the Amuni portal in place because I want to keep making the last Amuni goods needed for the last unobligatory Squad Size Upgrade tech (if ever I do decide to unlock it I want to have sufficient goods to do so).

My question is: if I wanted to speed up the process by using portal profit instants, would this work? Would they still give me Amuni goods or would I get zero of anything, because I would be in Constructs chapter (without having built the constructs portal yet so I would also not be getting those goods)??

As you might understand, I'm eager to find out because trying it out myself and then discovering it doesn't work will have me waste a portal profit instant and it would mean I would not be able to use any more portal profit instants to get Amuni goods, which would mean a terrible setback because making all those goods by hand takes a rather long time. So I'd like to know beforehand.

Thanks in advance for any help!

(The reason I'd want to unlock the constructs tech before using the portal profits is because then the amuni quests become declinable and I can rotate until I find the quest that says "collect 20k traps", which I could accomplish by using portal profit instants (if this works) and it would then give me 10k grave goods as a reward, which would be exactly the amount I'd need to have enough)

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I'd be interested to know the answer, but I don't remember this ever coming up.

The only thing I would say is, if you haven't built the Constructs portal then I very much doubt you would get any Constructs goods because the portal profit instant only pays out based on a percentage of the total amount your current portal can produce, being as it will change dependent on what level it is up to.

The question is, if you were to actually have both built at the same time, would it pay out on both of them? My guess is that it would, but I'm only guessing.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
My guess is that then it would pay out only Constructs... However, that is not my question, since I will never build both portals at the same time.

Really hoping someone can provide the answer. Maybe @Dizzy Lizzie, @Muf-Muf or @Rilian can help?

Pauly7

Magus
I wasn't meaning to hijack your question... just musing... but I would be so surprised if it gave you any goods to part fill a portal that doesn't exist.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
That is also not what I meant with my question because I explained that I know a portal profit only gives goods if you have a portal. And not having a portal in place is not the case in my city since I have the Amuni portal. All I am wondering is, as soon as I unlock the next chapter, will portal profits still give me goods for the portal I have in my city or will they not?

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I know.

As explained before, I want to know before I press the button to unlock the new chapter, because I might not be getting the goods I want but then there is no turning back, since you can’t reverse unlocking a new chapter.

Still hoping on an answer from a member of the Elvenar/Innogames team who can clarify this with certainty.

Timneh

Artisan
Instants do not seem to be chapter related (in my opinion) so they should give the goods of whatever portal they are being used on. An official answer would be good though.

Deleted User - 1634960

The Portal Profit will give you the Goods for the Chapter you are in. So, if you finish the first Tech in Constructs while still needing the Amuni Goods, you will need to produce them all. The Portal profit will give nothing until you have your new Portal built.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Thank you very much for clearing that up Rilian! I will have to figure out another way to fix this then!

Last edited: