• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Add a Small Fee To Post Trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser8921
  • Start date

DeletedUser5093

Why not change it to in trader as it is with the sentient goods where they decay after 24 hours. Surely if you have trades that are not taken by then then nobody wants them
Decaying trades are another good solution, but I'd suggest a longer time period than 24 hours, as this would be too short for players in empty neighbourhoods with few traders. I used to have a city like that, and I would regularly put up 3 star same-tier trades that would still be there 24 hours later.

DeletedUser7324

Why not put a tax or some sort of limitation just on cross-tier trades since it is the abundance of those trades that is the problem? This suggestion sounds like trying to fight excessive speeding by setting up a radar but one that doesn't make the difference between those that respect the rules and those that don't. Doesn't sound fair to me.
Better yet: solve the situation that caused the problem!

Pauly7

Magus
This suggestion sounds like trying to fight excessive speeding by setting up a radar but one that doesn't make the difference between those that respect the rules and those that don't. Doesn't sound fair to me.
There's nothing about a cross-tier trade that breaks rules or isn't fair. It all comes down to people not wanting to look at them. So the answer is to create trader filters.

DeletedUser7324

There's nothing about a cross-tier trade that breaks rules or isn't fair. It all comes down to people not wanting to look at them. So the answer is to create trader filters.
Yeah, sure I get what you mean. But the fact that there are three tiers with different production efforts involved which in turn give a different value to the produced goods makes it so that the cross-tier trading creates a situation on the market which I, for one, don't consider healthy. Filters won't make the situation go away they'll just provide you with a set of blinders. It won't create more same tier offers. If trading should go wild then abolish the boosted goods, let everyone produce what the heck they want and give it their best shot on the market.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
There's nothing about a cross-tier trade that breaks rules or isn't fair.
Depends how you define fair. Almost everyone acknowledges that the T1-T2-T3 trading ratio of 1:4:16 is a nonsense and it could therefore be argued that cross-tier trades posted using these ratios isn't fair.

AhkNemet

Dreamer
Really what this comes down to is.. you simply don't like seeing trades you don't like, right? So why impose the tax or anything that punishes anyone.. I have a few traders on my list that always post subpar trades and just because it's not my preference to accept, doesn't mean it's not someone elses (who might not play as often).

Personally I'd just like the option to block all trade offers from a particular player so I don't have to see 7 pages of their useless trades (they post a lot of no star or annoying trades lol)

Because of all the sentient goods now drowning my trader (they're all interspersed with regular stuff, it's really annoying), I just have to filter the demands list to my boosted goods or goods I want to offer. Seems to make the whole trading thing a lot faster than scrolling through every trade anyway.

As a final note, I use zero star trades as a means of reward and gifting system for resources in my fellowship (I get the person I'm gifting to post the zero trades), any means of attempting to punish people for the trades you don't like, would also affect people you don't intend to strike with consequences, please be mindful ;)

Timneh

Artisan
Really what this comes down to is.. you simply don't like seeing trades you don't like, right?

Yes and no (in my opinion) While i do think there are too many cross tier trades in the trader i do not think that some form of a filter to hide them is the answer. I think that the underlying cause of them needs to be addressed and that seems to be the huge amount of T3 goods that are now given from event prizes (as mentioned on another thread).

Some time ago the devs nerfed the bellspire/crystal lighthouse because they would give too many goods with the new system of NH on the app and that made having those AWs almost worthless (for a lot of people) so just nerfing the event prizes will not work as the prizes would then not be worth having and if event prizes are not worth having players will not do the events. The devs claimed that the large amount of goods from the BS/CL AW would damage the games delicate balance and that is why it was nerfed so are the goods from event prizes not also damaging the balance?
People will probably disagree with me but that is my opinion on the situation.

DeletedUser4149

Depends how you define fair. Almost everyone acknowledges that the T1-T2-T3 trading ratio of 1:4:16 is a nonsense and it could therefore be argued that cross-tier trades posted using these ratios isn't fair.
but everyone has the same right to post, not to post, to accept, or not to accept them. that's fair.
But the fact that there are three tiers with different production efforts involved which in turn give a different value to the produced goods makes it so that the cross-tier trading creates a situation on the market which I, for one, don't consider healthy. Filters won't make the situation go away they'll just provide you with a set of blinders. It won't create more same tier offers.
a market that isn't free to trade how it wants seems more unhealthy to me. the game makers did a bad job of judging what the tiers are worth in relation to each other, that's true. everyone is free to place their own value on what each tier is worth to them. that's healthy, free trade without restrictions. you can accept trades or pass on them. i think if you want more same tier offers, you might be in the wrong fellowship. but at least cross tier trades give people some options, which are better than none.
Really what this comes down to is.. you simply don't like seeing trades you don't like, right?
yes. i think most people don't like looking at them. they don't make them, they don't accept them, and they don't want others using them to put themselves in a better position because they don't use them. so they wanna kill the way many people have been trading for years because of it, like party poopers and freedom haters. :p

Lelanya

Mentor
Hmmm some of the irritants in the trading system come from the fact that some players do not seem to value the efforts of others.
I make an effort to create a balanced city and promote such direction in my fellowships. I use booster spells in my factories to stretch out scarce resources like seeds, and trade them fairly. Clearly others do not and seem determined to spam others with their bad trades.
Should we be adding in fees? I can't see that working for various reasons. Players who are stranded in bad map zones already struggle to get enough of everything, so I think discouraging them would be wrong.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7324

but everyone has the same right to post, not to post, to accept, or not to accept them. that's fair.

a market that isn't free to trade how it wants seems more unhealthy to me. the game makers did a bad job of judging what the tiers are worth in relation to each other, that's true. everyone is free to place their own value on what each tier is worth to them. that's healthy, free trade without restrictions. you can accept trades or pass on them. i think if you want more same tier offers, you might be in the wrong fellowship. but at least cross tier trades give people some options, which are better than none.

yes. i think most people don't like looking at them. they don't make them, they don't accept them, and they don't want others using them to put themselves in a better position because they don't use them. so they wanna kill the way many people have been trading for years because of it, like party poopers and freedom haters. :p

I won't be wearing the hat of party pooper or freedom hater. Even checking my trader several times a day the large majority of trades consists in cross-tier trades that I not only will not take but also simply can not take. I produce a fair amount of tier one and two but not enough to pay up for the small amounts of tier three offered and besides what good does it do me if what I need is the other tier 1 and 2 goods but those aren't on offer???
So right now I am down to offering same tier at a reduced rate just so that players take my trades before others. You call it freedom, but other people's freedom is seriously limiting mine because I really don't have much choice if I want to get the needed tier 1 and 2. Who's the party pooper then? It's all a matter of perspective.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Look, for those who want to draw real world parallels, there is no trading system in the world that has zero transaction costs, and makes potential buyers wade through loads of terrible value trades before they get to the reasonably priced ones. Those trading platforms that behaved that way would go out of business.

For those who think this is just a game, its not fun to waste our time looking at spam rip off trades.