• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Seed Building List

DeletedUser5093

I noticed recently that ElvenArchitect's helpful building lists don't include a list for seed production buildings, which I kinda needed as I've now hit the Halflings chapter. I therefore opted to put one together myself, and thought I'd share for anyone else who might need it. :)

I've largely followed the same sort of format as ElvenArchitect's other building lists, but I've expanded on this a little to include things like set bonuses, evolving building levels, wonder levels, etc.

This also includes two different efficiency calculations: One is the normal calculation you're all familiar with. You'll want to judge a set building on this value when the specified other buildings in a set are going to be present no matter what, i.e. you intend to keep them regardless of the effect they have on the set bonus. The other calculation takes into account the space taken up by the additional set buildings that are giving the building its set bonus. Use this value if your main reason for having those extra buildings is just for the set bonus.

Also a note on wonders and the trader: the production values for these are approximate as they depend on several factors within your city. If you download a copy of the spreadsheet you can modify their formulas to better reflect your own city. I also only included a handful of different levels, rather than all of them. You can add more if you need to.

I hope you guys find this useful. If you have any questions, suggestions for how I could improve this, corrections if I've gotten something wrong, or any other feedback, I'd love to hear it. :)

Deleted User - 1759805

This is pretty cool. I can see a lot of work put into it ;)

Here are a couple of comments after a quick glance:

- Chapters and Levels are a bit confusing IMO. Yes, I did read the Info tab ;) Right now it kind of works with 2 columns because we don't have evolving buildings with production tied to MH level/provinces. I think cleaner way to do it would be to split it into 3 columns - chapter (chapter the whole city is in - determines MH level, provinces etc), level (chapter of the event building/AW level) and stage (only for evolving buildings). Or just do multiple lines for different chapter setups in the Notes, only keeping chapter and stage. Not a big deal though - I just have to think what chapter/level mean for a particular building ;)

- I think you may want to buff up trader combinations. I know you mentioned that everyone can do their own, but you do set buildings with all kinds of specific combinations, but trader parameters are significantly more material. While MH levels we can reasonably assume being maxed for the chapter, I think even relatively sparse grid on other parameters would be very instructive. This especially concerns number of daily collections, which dramatically improves trader efficiency. Then we all can see that trader can't be touched for seeds ;)

- Ditto for Sunset towers - you may want to add numbers with higher stockpiles. It is clearly not doing much if you only have 10K worth of seeds

- Elvenar Trade Center sucks for seeds. Here, I said it ;)

DeletedUser6848

This is awesome UB :)
(Hi there btw)
I’ve also just started halflings, and am hopelessly dithering on what event buildings to spend RR spells on, so this is immensely useful. I’ll be starting with the marching band and yeti Santa.

I think keeping the main sheet as it is, is a good idea. For comparing event/set buildings, I’m not sure really matters what the trader is giving you as you have to have the trader. So this isn’t like comparing event building pop/cult/mana/supplies/goods etc where you want to look at whether placing or upgrading an event building means you can remove a house/workshop/manu etc.

But as I’m only just starting and don’t even have the trader upgraded yet I may be missing something.

Maybe we could add a separate sheet for configuring the trader or anything else tied to MH/provinces and daily collections. I can have a play around with that if you like and share a copy if I get something decent working - I do love a spreadsheet.

DeletedUser5093

Hi @purpledaffodil ! Good to hear from you. :) I'm glad this could help.

The main reason the trader is in that list is just for a comparison, perhaps to see how event buildings compare. You're right in that you're always going to have it no matter what. Once I expand the list with some of MinMax's suggestions it'll be a bit more useful as it'll allow you to compare a few different trader variations (i.e. amount of collections, MH levels, etc) which should be useful in helping you to optimise it.

I like your idea of a separate sheet to allow you to easily enter your own settings for things like the trader, wonders, etc. I'll definitely add that in.

@MinMax Gamer: Some good suggestions there. I will definitely add in a few more variations for the trader and Sunset Towers. I'll also take a look at how I can make chapter/etc less confusing. I'm not sure splitting it into more columns will help though, as this is necessary for sorting. I'll have a play around with things and see what I can come up with.

I'll see if I can have those updates done by the end of the day, so keep an eye out. ;)

Deleted User - 1759805

I’m not sure really matters what the trader is giving you as you have to have the trader.
You have to have a trader, but it makes a big difference what parameters of seeds productions are. In particular, number of daily collections.

What you may find out, is that as an alternative to placing another seed producer (or several!) in your city, you may want to consider squeezing in one or two more daily collections from the trader. Incidentally, this also doesn't require pop/culture/space in the city or event currency. And the impact on seeds is not small.

Or you can consider upgrading your MH or adding a few levels to your AWs for similar effect. All these are viable alternatives to dedicated seed producers.