• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sunbathers on their sunbeds - I hope this is only temporary

m4rt1n

Adept
We all know that the fellows from Germany love first spot on the sunbed, but launch the towel to get the spot at no expense or consequence.

Inno games are developed in Hamburg, Germany but I find the recent change to my city very unwelcome.

We are in imagination, not reality, so I guess nothing is going to happen any time soon. All the devs are on the beach. :(

DeletedUser5093

I'm not seeing any sunbathers in my city, just shells and beach umbrellas. Where do I look?

Hekata

Artisan
I don't see any sunbathers either. But I like the new background, the beaches and palm trees are most welcome :)

DeletedUser8160

I am at a loss with regard the tropical beaches and islands which have appeared. Why has it happened? No advice was received and if you are seeking reactions, then mine is very negative. I think that an Elven city would be in mountainous areas and not sandy beaches. The perspective is also very wrong. On one side the city land meets the beach and on the other is looking down from cliffs to islands. This would necessitate quite a steep gradient to allow such fanciful views.

DeletedUser5093

The perspective is also very wrong. On one side the city land meets the beach and on the other is looking down from cliffs to islands. This would necessitate quite a steep gradient to allow such fanciful views.
Not necessarily. It could be something like a lake on top of a cliff, which is not without precedent. Consider this photo of Lake Sørvágsvatn on the Faroe Islands. The perspective makes my brain hurt. ;) [Google Earth Link]
Iry5aAo.jpg

m0KC1Ti.jpg

I am at a loss with regard the tropical beaches and islands which have appeared. Why has it happened? No advice was received and if you are seeking reactions, then mine is very negative. I think that an Elven city would be in mountainous areas and not sandy beaches.
I expect it's got something to do with the upcoming mermaid events, they just haven't announced it. It's not uncommon to get seasonal or event-related backgrounds. The trees have previously turned orange in Autumn, got snow on them in Winter, got peppered with phoenix eggs during the Easter event, etc. I guess this time everything flooded?

DeletedUser5093

I think I found the sunbathers. I can see some at the southern-most tip of the map on my Beta city, but on my En3 city this region isn't visible due to a bug.

Killiak

Artisan
Regardless of wether there are sunbathers or not, the northwest section just looks bad if a city is built on the topmost row of expansions.

Not the greatest of field changes ever.

m4rt1n

Adept
The sunbathers are at the very bottom, but sometimes they are there, other times the game seems to cut them off.

Hekata

Artisan
Lol, I didn't expect so many people would dislike the new background. Players in my FS mostly like it. Personally I'd take the beaches any day over that snow we had. It made parts of my city poorly invisible, I almost deleted the wrong buildings because of it.

That island with a white building made me thing of the new Spire of Eternity mini game we are about to get. Is that where it will be located?

Pauly7

Magus
I also dislike the winter snowy landscape, mostly because it makes no sense when the city isn't also covered in snow. Plus I agree on the visibility too. It's very hard to see the Zzz over a building on the fringe of the city. (That said I only restart manufacturing on mobile now, where you can't really miss stuff.) Anyway, my point is that the snow being bad doesn't make this good. I agree with others that it isn't in keeping with my city and I hope it's temporary. However once they straighten out the misaligned grids it won't be so bad. Just one of those things I don't like.
That island with a white building made me thing of the new Spire of Eternity mini game we are about to get. Is that where it will be located?
I haven't seen it on Beta, but that was my first thought too that this is the Spire of Eternity.

Hekata

Artisan
As you can see from my avatar I love summer and beaches ;)
I also like the idea that an entirely new landscape comes with every event, though not sure if that's what they're going for.

We'll see if folks with beta accounts can shed some light on that island.

pobble

Spellcaster
We often get interesting scenery changes for events - remember when the huge nut tree grew to the north and spread nuts all around? I especially liked the WoodElvenstock festival-goers with their tents and queues and porta-pottys.
I'm sure this will be a temporary change of scenery for a summer special event, looking forward to finding out more!

Deleted User - 1634960

We were not warned about this prior to it happening, but I can live with it for a short time.
It is no worse than the snow in Summer or the Autumn leaves in Spring that we get regularly (I am in Australia, so I am seasonally challenged by most games)
I suspect that it is related to the short Event that is nearly finished on Beta.
The Island in the top left is indeed in the location where the Spire will appear.
Hope this helps ;)