• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Summer Solstice quest 83 did not trigger for building upgrade

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
June 15, 2:00 am: I completed Summer Solstice quest 82 by gaining 6 relics in Crystal tournament, and quest 83 asked for: "Research 1 technology or Upgrade 1 building to level 14 or higher". I also had a regular chapter 6 optional quest asking to complete a Manufacturing upgrade to level 11 or higher (don't recall the exact wording). So I started an upgrade for one of my Steel manufactories from level 13 to level 14 and went to bed.

June 15, 11:00 am: I was able to log in and check my city. The chapter quest completed but the Summer Solstice quest did not.

In the past I have been able to complete two quests with one action. If that is no longer possible, how does the game decide which action gets completed? I'm afraid to even try to complete quest 83 by completing "Research 1 technology" because I don't know if the quest is stuck, or if it's just not accepting the building upgrade, or if it needs another building upgrade. Not much time left to get through the remaining quests, this is a big setback but now I trying to decide I should risk wasting research or building upgrades or risk not having time to complete the quests.

I'm in Winyandor with user name Mr.Dave. Times are approximate and Eastern Standard Time (US). I'm using the HTML 5 client in Google Chrome on Win 10/64. I refreshed the web page but that didn't help.

Thanks for checking this, let me know if you need more information.

cwgiii

Shaman
You can certainly place a ticket through support. However, you may wish to check the wording of quest 82. On EGOK (Elven Gems of Knowledge), they have it listed as "Upgrade 1 Building to level 15 or higher". I think I remember a codicil somewhere for this event on EGOK that some of their wording had been updated to better reflect the rue needs of certain quests because the original wording, in the event itself, may have looked misleading or inconsistent, or something like that.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
Thanks, always good to get help! Would they change it and not update it in the game? I checked the in-game text last night and again just now, it says Level 14 or higher. I also just now checked Elvengems again and it still says 14 or higher. Seems that upgrading Steel from 13 to 14 would qualify.
SS quest 83 on Elvengems.png

SS quest #83.png

cwgiii

Shaman
Very interesting. I noticed the asterix. Seems that this quest has, indeed, been updated since the beginning of the event. I would certainly place a ticket with support. Earlier in this event, I completed both a daily quest and a main line quest simultaneously. I see no reason why that should not have happened for you, in this case.

Please let us know the general result, if you do decide to contact support.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I'd double check the wording of the quest in game. Last event they changed the format from "Upgrade to level x" to "Upgrade a level x building".

In other words, upgrade TO level 14 or upgrade a level 14 building (which would be up to 15).

I don't remember what format was used in this event.

DeletedUser5532

I believe that this little loophole has been closed, as placing a building is not the same as upgrading one. I do not believe that the app has been fixed yet, and |I have spoke to people who placed a building on their laptop and it did not count, but upon logging in to the app, the quest was complete.

m4rt1n

Adept
Quest 114 is identical in wording and just completed for me with a steel upgrade from 13-14 so I suggest you open a ticket with support.

DeletedUser3097

Please open a ticket with Support, if you have not already done so.