• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Insane catering cost jump in Amuni

• Thread starter DeletedUser3671
  • Start date

DeletedUser3671

Hi

Why in the world should the catering cost jump about 30-40% just because of the entering of Amuni ?

This is way to much of a jump.

All the best
Elivar

DeletedUser3671

Hmm, can you all please agree on this topic ;-)

I just read in another thread that it does not.
"According to the in-game message, negotiating and fighting costs are solely determined by the scouting cost -" - Last comment by MinMax Gamer
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/summer-solstice.10225/page-4

I read a long time ago that it did, and have in my "smaller" city (S&D) stopped the research at the moment because i don't want to increase the cost to much.

I'm quite sure that i placed a third armory before entering Amuni and had it to a decent level. But if that really is the problem, then i'll kill it and see if two can't produce orc's enough. I only use them for negotiation anyway. So two should be enough. And since i stopped doing the quest line, i don't need them for upgrading my workshops.

FieryArien

Necromancer
These threads get super confusing when it’s not absolutely clear if people are talking about worlds provinces or tournament provinces. I’ll put the two claims you cited into perspective now:

- In tournaments catering costs are determined solely by your squad size
- In worlds provinces According to the in-game message, negotiating and fighting costs are solely determined by the scouting cost

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
FieryArien is right, do not confuse catering with negotiating.

I'm quite sure that i placed a third armory before entering Amuni and had it to a decent level. But if that really is the problem, then i'll kill it

Armories produce orcs and increase the number of troops trained at once. They have no influence on tournament or province encounter cost.

Choose your armories according to your needs in terms of orcs production and the total training time for your troops.

And agree with you - the catering costs are very high in the latest chapters.

DeletedUser3671

These threads get super confusing when it’s not absolutely clear if people are talking about worlds provinces or tournament provinces. I’ll put the two claims you cited into perspective now:

- In tournaments catering costs are determined solely by your squad size
- In worlds provinces According to the in-game message, negotiating and fighting costs are solely determined by the scouting cost

Well, it actually doesn't matter which we are talking about, because opening up new provinces is also a lot more expensive now.

And, if tournament costs has to do with squad size, then it still has to do with entering Amuni. Because it's after entering "them", it's 30-40% more expensive. And that's insane.

Deleted User - 341074

Well, it actually doesn't matter which we are talking about, because opening up new provinces is also a lot more expensive now.
You're right, it doesn't matter which we are talking about since "Entering Amuni" occurs when you fill and unlock the Archaeology tech in the tree. This changes absolutely nothing in tournaments(catering) nor the world map(negotiating) since it is neither a Squad Size Upgrade nor an Advanced Scouts tech.
The "30-40% jump" is only in your imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1759805

You're right, it doesn't matter which we are talking about since "Entering Amuni" occurs when you fill and unlock the Archaeology tech in the tree. This changes absolutely nothing in tournaments(catering) nor the world map(negotiating) since it is neither a Squad Size Upgrade nor an Advanced Scouts tech.
Wait, so is finishing Halflings brings us the last Advanced Scout tech? So this is the last time scouting costs decrease, and it is only up from there?

m4rt1n

Adept
Wait, so is finishing Halflings brings us the last Advanced Scout tech? So this is the last time scouting costs decrease, and it is only up from there?

Yes, up up and away from the Halflings onwards. I do hope ch15 when released has an Advanced Scouts as costs and time are getting ridiculous now.

DeletedUser3671

That's a VERY physical manifesting imagination i have then ;-)

Would you care to elaborate on why i suddenly have a hard time keeping up producing goods for catering in tournaments, even though i still play the game the same way. Still collect 4x3 hour productions and 1x9 hour every day. But maybe i also just imagine those suddenly raised goods that i have to pay in each encounter. Maybe i just see double, so those 15K should only be 7.5K. But who's stealing my goods then ?

It sounds to me that you're a fighter and not a caterer, because it's very clear the costs in goods goes a good deal up.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Catering cost varies wildly from one encounter to the next, this may skew your perception. There should not be any increase on catering cost just by entering Amuni chapter. If you are sure that this happened, you may want to contact support.

Deleted User - 341074

It sounds to me that you're a fighter and not a caterer, because it's very clear the costs in goods goes a good deal up.
It doesn't matter what I do(but I do have accounts that do each one) it's what the developers have told us, what all of us have observed, and what information we can glean from the game files.
There's even a "Did you know" pop up with this information

Be honest, exactly how much data do you have? did you write down the cost of everything you did the past 2-3 chapters on multiple accounts and then compare it your recordings for everything you have done since reaching Amuni? I and several others have taken such notes and none have reported your findings.

So what's more likely,
A) your gut feelings on this are off and you just had a little bad luck(there's some randomness involved that on average evens out)
or
B) everyone else is wrong and all of their data was corrupt and the developers have been lying to us repeatedly for years about the basic mechanics of the game?

Deleted User - 1759805

or C), Elivar has done some squad size techs in the Amuni chapter?
And while we're on the roll:
D) There is a special logic that Inno introduced just for Elivar that bumps up costs just for him/her

;)

DeletedUser5532

The cost of catering in Tournaments is dictated solely but your squad size , and there is no effect when changing chapters (unless you research a squad size upgrade in the new chapter)

The cost of negotiating on the regular map however, does jump up each and every chapter, and this has happened from Chapter 2, right through to the current maximum of Chapter 14. I believe that the reason you are only noticing the change now in Amuni, is that this is the first chapter where there is no Advanced Scouts, which until this point has been the first research in the chapter, which reduces the costs involved in fighting and negotiating on all provinces scouted after the completion of Advanced Scouts.

This was an intentional change by the dev team, as they felt it was wise to have a incremental factor that would limit the number of provinces that could be completed.

DeletedUser3671

Well, Soggs, i don't need a pen and paper to discover, that i suddenly have a hard time keeping up producing goods for the tournament.

Lazy; I did the first one entering Amuni. But if that raises the costs that much, then it's insane. No other single squad size upgrade have upped the cost for catering that much.

Rainbow; Yes, it might be a good idea to ask support what causes the bump in catering costs

FieryArien

Necromancer
I did the first one entering Amuni. But if that raises the costs that much, then it's insane. No other single squad size upgrade have upped the cost for catering that much.
The number in the name of the squad size upgrade tells you how much will it add to your squad. The first one in Amuni has number 44. It adds three times as much to your squad size, which is 44x3=132. If you didn’t take optional squad size upgrades, the increase is actually very noticeable. If you did take all optional squad size upgrades, the increase is relatively smaller (percentage wise) and therefore less noticeable.

Deleted User - 1634960

@Heartman The cost of Negotiating in Provinces is based solely on Scouting costs. There is no increment built into changing Chapter. Scouting costs increase only by completing Scouting tasks. The difference with the last 2 Chapters is that there is not the 25% decrease in Scouting costs brought about by Advanced Scouts Technology, which means Scouting and Negotiating costs have been increasing steadily since the beginning of Elementals (not Halflings, as was mentioned earlier). ;)

Killiak

Artisan
@Rilian
That pretty much dictates to us that there is a hard limit to scouting, or at least to efficiënt scouting. This is apparently a Dev choice, so fair enough I suppose. However, in events we are supposed to scout and gain relics, solve encounters and complete provinces, the current event being a prime example of such.

Those two will, eventually anyway, no longer be reconcilable. Thoughts on this please?