• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Pruning the carnival set

• Thread starter DeletedUser8632
  • Start date

DeletedUser8632

Hi all,

I need some expert advice on this: I have a chapter II carnival set (I am at Chapter V now) and I am thinking about cutting it in half, basically. What I want is to keep the Jesters Taverns bonus at the level where I can get all three T3 Goods. And that requires only 2 other set buildings.

So the question is:

a) Remove the Banquet and the Fireworks and upgrade the Jesters Tavern only - This almost cuts the footprint in half but I lose half the set bonuses for the Fountain and the Band. (which right now are supplies only).

b) Leave as it is - Set stays rather big. To make it worth it I would have to at least upgrade the Band and the fountain (another 17 RR per chapter).

Note: My FS makes around 30RR per tournament round. For option b) I would have to buy RRs with Diamonds.

I am really not sure about this now and I tend to do the wrong thing when I have either/or choices in the game :)

Please let me know what you think, thank you!

DeletedUser1874

I'd leave it as it is. It's big, but it's also one of the most efficient sets you can get. The fountain is perhaps the most efficient mana-producing building with the bonuses, and the Band is also very good seeds-wise. If there's something worth spending diamonds for upgrading, this set is one of those things. I'm already saving up on RRs to upgrade it for the next chapter. My two cents.

Killiak

Artisan
Leave it as it is.
One of the very best sets around, worth the cost of upgrading every chapter.

davemc

Bard
Because you are in chapter 5 my suggestion is keep it once you get to the guest races , but it will take time to get to Woodelves where mana kicks in it will help you a lot. As killiak says it is the best set for the space it takes. I have finished constructs but gained the set in Amuni i have upgraded all of it and the benefits are huge. Or save it as it is for now and see what other sets (if any ) come around that will be more beneficial for your level you are at then But they still give a good supplies boost which will be much needed .
Hope this helps

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

A chapter 2 carnival set probably isn't anything too special, but if you can upgrade it then it will become easily the most valuable set you'll get, especially in Woodelves and later. And you'll find it highly beneficial in earlier chapters as well. Considering how quickly you're accumulating RR spells I don't think this will take an excessive amount of time, so I would recommend hanging on to the full set, and just upgrading it as you can.

DeletedUser8632

Thank you for your replies. Although upgrading two additional set-buildings is going to cost me diamonds, it seems the set is worth it. I may get rid of the banquet because that would only cost me one link bonus in the revelers fountain.

Deleted User - 1759805

Thank you for your replies. Although upgrading two additional set-buildings is going to cost me diamonds, it seems the set is worth it. I may get rid of the banquet because that would only cost me one link bonus in the revelers fountain.
Yeah, that's what I did. Banquet has the largest footprint will the least benefit (to me). Fireworks is similar, but at least it's small and worth it for link bonuses. I am only upgrading fountain and the band, but I got the set quite a bit later than chapter 2.

But more important question is how are you getting 30RR per tournament? Are you sure? I think max is 15.

Julian

Sorcerer
How do you even get 15? According to Elvengems, it's 5 if you open all ten chests. Though you can then use the blueprint towards crafting another one.

Deleted User - 341074

Banquet has the largest footprint will the least benefit (to me)
My banquet gives me more supplies than 4 baskets of groceries so I'd sooner nuke a workshop than remove it.

I just had a look at my whole set earlier today:
  • The Jester alone is worth 3 Tier 3 buildings
  • The Fountain gives more mana than 10 mana huts
  • The Banquet gives more supplies than 4 baskets of groceries
  • The Marching band gives more seeds than a level 13 Elvenar Trade Center
Altogether in just over 2 expansions, the Carnival set gives the production of over 20 expansions.

DeletedUser8632

Yes @m4rt1n is correct and apologies for the confusion. I mean around 30RR per complete round of 9 tournaments (and yes, very much improving)

As for the Banquet: @SoggyShorts , this would make sense if after upgrading the tavern, the marching band, the fountain and the phoenix (=49RR) I STILL had 15RR left over to upgrade the banquet as well, which is just not going to happen (especially since I would also need 45RR just to bring the banquet up to my current chapter) - and right now my banquet is worth a bit less than half a workshop for a bigger footprint.

But I do appreciate the feedback, its great to see what buildings could do. For now I found a quiet spot for the whole set and leave it until I learn how mana works.