• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: The Spire of Eternity

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread of your feedback regarding our newest Behind the Scens announcement: The Spire of Eternity!

After months of working on this brand-new feature, we're very eager to read your first thoughts, so please let us know what you think!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Looks interesting, sort of like quests, but then with a more visual story to guide you through the light and friendly dungeon!

DeletedUser1874

As I said in the beta thread, it looks pretty, and I'm really looking forward to something I can ""play at my own pace" and offers replayability value.

DeletedUser5093

I hope we'll have a variety of avatars to choose from. Perhaps ones that match our portraits? It would be neat to see them as a 3D full body, as opposed to just a face.

I enjoy RPG type games, so I'm looking forward to this feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
Sounds like a bit of a body swerve for Elvenar, but I'm intrigued. It seems to be something you can pick up or not pick up and play at your own pace so it doesn't have to impact the game and create more headaches.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm looking forward to trying this out. What I have seen so far looks awesome. :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
I have some screenshots and info about the Spire of Eternity, if you would like to share it with friends and neighbors who do not have a Beta city:

https://tinyurl.com/y67w59vf

I will add more information and comments as new information emerges.

61908702_10214071007829857_6740240319624773632_n.jpg

Jackluyt

Shaman
News from Beta

Dear Humans and Elves,

Bugfixes

• We've removed the Magic Residences and Magic Workshops from the Spire of Eternity rewards for now, because of some severe bugs that we encountered with them. We will replace them with the Dwarven Armorer building, and we'll investigate the bugs with the Magic buildings and put them back into the Spire rewards if we can resolve them.

Jackluyt

Shaman
61959165_10214095866051297_619379720542224384_n.jpg

Dear Humans and Elves,

The first run of the Spire of Eternity ended today at 11:00 CEST but we won't leave you hanging for long. The next Spire of Eternity will start at 12:00 CEST today. It will now run for 5 days and 6 hours, which is the intended complete duration that we plan to keep long-term.
Still, this is not the final schedule, as we want to allow you to continue playing and giving feedback directly while closely monitoring the technical side of things during office hours.

What has changed compare to the start of the first Spire run?

Bug fixes
We fixed a lot of bugs thanks to your reports, including but not limited to the following:
  • Spire opening accidently when moving through the city or collecting productions.
  • Magical Buildings caused problems and have been removed from the rewards list for the time being. Dwarven Armorers offer a temporary replacement while we work on resolving the technical difficulties.
  • Issues with wrongly displayed quad size.
  • Errors after finishing last Spire encounter on map 3.
  • Spire not accessible after visiting neighbors.
  • Rewards missing in some chest tooltips.
Spire image on city map
Some of you reported that the image on the city map background looks blurry, doesn't pop out enough from the background and doesn't live up to the level of detail you are used to from Elvenar.
We started improving on this with a new graphical asset but are still thinking about further solutions to make it look more like an interactive element instead of a background decoration.

Balancing adjustments
Right now, the Spire can feel quite difficult, especially for non-fighters. We believe that adding the manual battle and Diplomacy, which are in our development focus right now, will reduce this feeling significantly. Nonetheless, we already made a few adjustments to the balancing that will help you with your first adventures in the Spire of Eternity, even before all other features are added:
  • We reduced the difficulty of the first four encounters (reduced number of enemies)
  • Adjustments in enemy star levels. These will now only increase a Chapter after you unlocked the respective counterpart, which leads to reduced difficulty for Chapter 4 and 7 players.
We continue looking at your feedback, as well as the analytical data we are collecting to see where else to improve, but believe that bringing the manual battle and Diplomacy will bring the most value and will allow you to test the overall difficulty of the whole feature a lot better.

More changes to come
We are working hard on bringing new features, improvements and bugfixes on a daily basis and are looking forward to more feedback and ideas on how to improve the Spire further. So please do keep your posts coming in our dedicated discussion thread!

Jackluyt

Shaman
News from Beta about the Spire of Eternity

Dear Humans and Elves,

This is a short update to the state of the Spire of Eternity to inform you that we have activated the Manual Battle in the Spire of Eternity. You will be able to choose between either using the Manual Battle, where you can decide the next moves of your troops, and the already available Auto Battle, in which the game's AI will fight on your behalf.

Head over to the Spire of Eternity now, and see if you are able to beat those fights a bit more easily now, especially in the later encounters and the wave battles that you told us were difficult to complete with Auto Battle! :)

And as before, please let us know your feedback by posting in the discussion thread, and reports any bugs you find in the Report a Bug section of the forums.

Thanks to everyone who has played the Spire so far, to everyone who gave their feedback, and for all the bug reports!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

MarindorSig02.png