• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Over trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We would like to remind everyone that it is not allowed as per our forum rules to report breaches of the in-game rules done by specific players, or sharing accusations of such kind. Instead, please always use the Support system for that.

Whether you agree with the outcome of any investigations is irrelevant to the fact that such posts are not allowed on our forums. We are unable to share any details about someone's account or play style, which is why we cannot provide you with a definite answer on such reports. That said, you can be assured that the reports are read and that the appropriate actions are taken as defined in our processes.

We thank you for your cooperation!

Timneh

Artisan
you can be assured that the reports are read and that the appropriate actions are taken as defined in our processes.

When players are reporting obvious push accounts to support but those accounts are just left to continue the way they have been all along maybe those processes need to be looked at and changed. Push accounts being left to continue breaking the rules is just encouraging more people to set them up IMO.

Killiak

Artisan
When players are reporting obvious push accounts to support but those accounts are just left to continue the way they have been all along maybe those processes need to be looked at and changed. Push accounts being left to continue breaking the rules is just encouraging more people to set them up IMO.

Hear hear. The easily observed inaction of support makes Muf-Muf's statement unconvincing.

DeletedUser7309

Elvenar is a completely and totally relaxed game.
why should you even care if someone has a AW at level 30 or not? how does that affect your playing experience?
I've been playing for four years now. it's never been a thing for me. just play the game, or move on already. elvenar is a great game. why all the b****ing??
I’m not convinced by the several responses to this post, or the angst about trading;
There is so little PvP in this game it doesn’t matter what others do, and it’s unrealistic to expect to prevent “cheating” completely. I choose to play the app version which, according to many, places me at a disadvantage to people who play the pc version. I set myself targets that are realistic for the challenges I face
As for trading I post most days at rates that suit me. If they are not picked up then I change them. Because of the uncertainty of trading I try to make sure I am self sufficient and any trades that are successful are a bonus. I think the way the trading element of the game is structured works just fine

DeletedUser5532

We would like to remind everyone that it is not allowed as per our forum rules to report breaches of the in-game rules done by specific players, or sharing accusations of such kind. Instead, please always use the Support system for that.

Whether you agree with the outcome of any investigations is irrelevant to the fact that such posts are not allowed on our forums. We are unable to share any details about someone's account or play style, which is why we cannot provide you with a definite answer on such reports. That said, you can be assured that the reports are read and that the appropriate actions are taken as defined in our processes.

We thank you for your cooperation!

Thank you for that input Muf Muf.

I would reply with a saying that has always stood me in good stead, and that is "It's always about how something is seen to be done, and never about how it is actually done"

Right now, there are many players who have genuine concerns about the growing tide of players who are seemingly cheating the system. And upon broaching the subject are told that the devs will look into it, but we will not give you feedback, and you are not allowed to talk about it on the Forum.

I have given reports of cheating, and nothing has changed to the player that was reported, and it seems, others have made similar reports with similar outcome. This gives us (the players) the distinct impression that nothing will ever change.

There is always a privacy issue, but I would suggest that giving feedback, would not, and can not infringe upon any perceived or real privacy issue. A polite reply saying either . A) we have looked into this, and can confirm that there are no infractions of the rules, or B) we have looked into this, and action has been taken that is deemed relevant at this time. This would then at the very least, give us confidence that something is actually being done to combat the issue.

There are some players, myself included, that have invested a large amount of time and money in the game, and whether we are entitled to it or not, we believe that we should be able to converse on this forum, and in support, with engaging and responsive dialect from support and Community managers alike. To simply push the issue away, saying we are not allowed to talk about it will only breed negativity and heighten the perception that devs and CM do not actually care about its players any more.

Timneh

Artisan
I’m not convinced by the several responses to this post, or the angst about trading;
There is so little PvP in this game it doesn’t matter what others do, and it’s unrealistic to expect to prevent “cheating” completely.

You are of course entitled to your opinion as are we all. The point is (for me anyway) that INNO introduced this game and with it a set of rules that all people that play the game are expected to abide by, some players are clearly not abiding by those rules and even when they get reported to support nothing ever seems to get done.
The players that cheat can affect other players as described earlier in this thread.
I don't have any targets in the game i just plod along at a pace that i am happy with at the time but that does not mean i don't get annoyed when i see players with obvious push accounts. I stick to the rules and don't think it is unfair of me to expect INNO to make sure everyone else does the same.
As for the cheaters maybe they do it because they have something missing from real life so need to cheat in an online game to get some kind of achievement, who knows ? only them i guess.

DeletedUser7309

As for the cheaters maybe they do it because they have something missing from real life so need to cheat in an online game to get some kind of achievement, who knows ? only them i guess.
Why cheat in something that’s free, offers no financial reward and is plain and simple a game ???
What is an effective way to reduce cheating to a level where it achieves less than the effort of cheating? Or is it something we just have to put up with ?

Timneh

Artisan
Why cheat in something that’s free, offers no financial reward and is plain and simple a game ???
What is an effective way to reduce cheating to a level where it achieves less than the effort of cheating? Or is it something we just have to put up with ?

I'm sorry but i can't give you an answer to that question because i can not see any point in cheating in this game,maybe it is just for bragging rights. As for how to stop it, without knowing what tools the INNO team have i don't know what they are capable of doing but when a player is reported as having a push account and it is obvious it is a push account and still nothing is done then there is something wrong somewhere. Just my opinion.

Pauly7

Magus
Whether or not feedback is given actually doesn't make a great deal of difference. If a player reports that someone is cheating they will, undoubtedly, check back to see if that person is still operating. All I hear about is all the players who report push account users and that they never get dealt with. To say they have been "investigated" only makes the spread of ill feelings worse because either they are not being investigated or Inno just chooses to let them continue operating with no consequence.

How can an organisation request that anyone follow any rules when there is such lack of confidence? Either they have to bite the bullet and say "hey we've decided that it's OK for people to use push accounts" or they have to actually take action. I agree with the point made that now saying that people must adhere to the rules of not talking about something just reduces any confidence remaining still further.

DeletedUser4149

one player above did refer to a specific person. they just didn't use their exact name. that was removed and probably explains some of muf-muf's comment.

but rules that are unenforced are meaningless and all of the half-dead, cheater cities do effect us by ruining our neighborhoods w/ cities that aren't inactive enough to be deleted and take up a spot that could have been used for an active neighbor who would trade and visit.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Hi guys,

Your messages are appeciated, but we'll be short in replying to this, because we have gone over this before, and more than once. We're not looking to repeat this discussion on this topic every time a reminder about the forum rules is posted.
  • Yes, you should report players who you believe might be breaking the rules. To do so, please use the Support system.
  • Yes, we do investigate your claims.
  • No, we cannot and will not share any outcome of any investigation. That information is only available for the Support Team and the player(s) whose accounts were reported (they will be notified if they are found to be breaking the rules, after which they'll have an option to appeal).

And with that, we will be closing this discussion on the forums. We simply cannot keep having accusations of breaches of rules publicly shared like that, and we will not allow nor tolerate it. So far, we have been relatively lenient with our moderation actions when that occurred, usually simply removing the post and asking the poster to not do that again and use Support instead, and we'd love to be able to keep doing it that way, because we believe the Elvenar community is a nice enough place to be able to moderate like that. But, and this is important, it is up to you to determine if that will remain possible for us to do.

So, one last time, we will ask you to please follow our forum's rules, so that we can have a nice time together.

Status
Not open for further replies.