• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Over trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
There's no such thing as "over trading" as you've described it, merely a limit placed on how many trades we can place at one time which I believe, as already mentioned, is 60. I've also no idea what you mean by "overlists x 33".

DeletedUser5532

I wish to complain about a particular player AB who overlists x 33, mostly 1 star or no stars. SAME person is breaking the listing rules . I was told once Inno allows it cause he or she buys diamonds. It blocks up the trading list and is a damn nuiscaince.
Larryary

I have played the game for a number of years, on both sides of the game, and I have never come across these "listing rules". Could you explain further what you believe these to be .

As far as I understand it, if the system allows you place a trade, no matter what that trade is, then that is allowed within the game.

DeletedUser4149

Because for over a year this guy lists many trades every day...e.g. yesterday 55 today 59. It is swamping the trader, which is so annoying. I only over listed once and got warned.
this sounds like you or your fellowship are trying to impose rules on other players that are allowed by the game makers.

DeletedUser4149

Elvenar is a completely and totally relaxed game.
why should you even care if someone has a AW at level 30 or not? how does that affect your playing experience?
I've been playing for four years now. it's never been a thing for me. just play the game, or move on already. elvenar is a great game. why all the b****ing??
it doesn't effect us? have you earned any ranking points from tournaments?

DeletedUser6687

Ok...I give in,,,i have made a awful fool of myself. I am so sorry. May all your people and those on your map fill your trader with 59 low star trades.

DeletedUser6687

Ok...I made a mistake with the 33. Moving on....his legit tally today is 25 no star and 34 one star ....no need to comment as by your and the game standards is all great

DeletedUser8939

@Vetrinus, since I think I saw you post somewhere else looking for a home for your diamond farm alt account, I think you might be on shaky ground promoting Elvenar as a competitive game in which people should be on equal footing. Sure, everyone can have diamond farms, but is that really different than having push accounts?

DeletedUser8939

In this case, running an account on a different world that accumulates Wishing Wells from events and uses them to generate diamonds, which are then used to benefit the main account on another world.

DeletedUser6687

Not me . I have never installed a wishing well. I have one in my inventory right now but o use them to sell for crafting. They just don't appeal. The chance of getting a diamond just does not grab me. How many do you win?
I buy diamonds from Inno.
I am surprising naive in all these things. This i My first app game. I may have only played a couple of bought computer games.
I do get on my high horse from time to time.

DeletedUser6687

I have one account. As far as ranking goes then who has not looked at the results board for running or swimming etc to see how you went,. All teams advertise for active players that also might show some achievement. So therefore ranking does have a role.

kimkimkim

Summoner
The wishing well gives out 25 diamonds if you are lucky enough to get them, but from past experience, seeing as you can harvest the wishing well twice in 1 day, and the wishing well is good for 100 days then the odds of getting over 100 diamonds, in fact enough to buy another builder for your builder hut is pretty darn good....plus the positive side of wishing wells and getting diamonds from them is completely free.

DeletedUser6687

Thanks Kim...maybe i should give it a run..i used to like ferris wheel...not so ,uch now..i could put ww in its spot. I have nearly fi ished elf chapt. I am find finding all the bits u accrue clutter up the place.

DeletedUser5093

@larryary The issue you mention with someone constantly putting up tons of 0 star or 1 star trades is not technically against the rules (just very bad etiquette), as others have mentioned. The issue is that it could be an indication that the account is using push accounts to gain unfair benefits. So while the trades themselves aren't necessarily an issue, it doesn't mean there is no issue at all. It sounds like support is already looking into this for you though. If it turns out to be using push accounts (and support actually does something about it for once) then you'll see those trades disappear. If not, then there's nothing that can really be done except to ignore the bad trades.

DeletedUser1874

@Vetrinus, since I think I saw you post somewhere else looking for a home for your diamond farm alt account, I think you might be on shaky ground promoting Elvenar as a competitive game in which people should be on equal footing. Sure, everyone can have diamond farms, but is that really different than having push accounts?
Yes, it absolutely is different, because it does not breach any rule, and diamonds are account-wide. Buying tens of thousands worth of KPs also doesn't breach any rule, if that's what's actually happens in those accounts, and I said I'd be ok with those accounts if that's indeed what happens; however I also said I have reasons to suspect that not being the case simply due to lex parsimoniae. So no, the ground I'm standing on is rock solid, as I do not breach any rule, this being a freemium game with a freemium economy - that doesn't mean that pushing should be allowed or rules should be ignored. If one's after absolute equal footing, he'd be better off playing chess or go (as in 碁).
And as a side note, as I've been able to see firsthand during the last tournament, not having all AWs to 30 won't prevent you from hitting #2 on the tournament. My highest AWs are a lvl 30 GA followed by a lvl 23 MH - neither of which are military AWs. Sure, my resources are severely depleted, especially troops; but I'm most certainly not one of the highest spenders, I actually self-discipline myself much more than I do with my other hobby (which takes 150 to 200 euros per week, whereas I decided not to spend more than a hundred bucks every two months or so tops on Elvenar), and despite that, I managed to score #2 with a score of 8556, which is about 1k more than those who followed. So the footing is pretty equal if you ask me. Actually, it's even easier for those who are new and disregarded many group-size upgrades, which I initially did not during my noob phase, and have overall less issues in tournaments. There's a reason why many high-end tournament players decide not to advance in chapters.

Sir Derf

Adept
If I were operating push accounts, why would I 1) post multiple trades for a pairing instead of a single large trade for a pairing, or 2) post trades that I leave up for more than the time it would take to switch accounts, or 3) post trades at multiple different ratios, or 4) post trades at anything other than 4:1 0 star rates?

I don't think your observations equal push account...

DeletedUser3671

There's another thing that you might have missed. - Trades outside you neighbourhood, which adds 50% fee to the trades, also making it rate lower.

These trades are marked with an exclamation mark.

https://ibb.co/V06ZBCs

So if the trader has posted a so called 2 star trade, which is equal amount of goods wished to trade. Then 20.000 equals 30.000 goods, because the trader adds the "outside-neighbourhood-fee" to the trade.

The AW, Blooming Trades Guild, lowers that fee when build and also upgraded.

EDIT: Btw, that fee does NOT go to the player. It's eaten by the game.

Killiak

Artisan
By the way, whether a player buys Diamonds or not does not affect whether they can break Game Rules or not.

A certain heavy diamond spender, which I have reported several times, is still operating his Fellowship full of push accounts. Which seem inactive but do nothing else than invest KP in his AW's. The rule breaking is just staring you in the face there, for a toddler to see even, but he is still playing.

And he is not the only one I have ever found, and reported, where it is just blatantly obvious.

Sorry Dizzy, I can't take you or Support seriously on this topic anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.