• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Trader Have trader's fee scale with chapter

DeletedUser5093

I've just started a new city on another server and I'm seeing my baby city face a lot of challenges that simply don't exist in my advanced city, which is making it exceptionally hard to get the small city up and running. I think issues like these are possibly a major contributing factor to why we lose so many new players. In most games things start out easy and get progressively more difficult, but in Elvenar it seems to be the reverse, at least for a lot of aspects of the game.

One thing my baby city is really struggling with is obtaining goods. My production is very low, and the trader is not much help because pretty much all trades I see are either too big or have a 50% traders fee attached, which is an absolute killer. It's all very well to say "get a good fellowship" but this can be a bit hit and miss for inexperienced players, and even then it still relies on people being online at the right time, etc.

My suggestion is that instead of slugging new cities with a 50% fee they simply can't afford, we change the fee so that it scales with chapter. Perhaps something like this:
Chapter 1: 0%
Chapter 2: 5%
Chapter 3: 10%
Chapter 4: 25%
Chapter 5+: 50%

I'm open to a bit of tweaking of those numbers, but in general I think the fee should be very low for those just starting out, and only increase once players are at a level where they can afford the fee, or have a few more neighbours who they can trade with without a fee.

DeletedUser7324

You're right the slow pace is discouraging in the beginning. I was lucky to stumble upon a great fellowship that gave me good advice and helped me grow faster by taking cross-tier trades. I think your suggestions make sense and would definitely help players stay with the game.