• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Over trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6687

I wish to complain about a particular player AB who overlists x 33, mostly 1 star or no stars. SAME person is breaking the listing rules . I was told once Inno allows it cause he or she buys diamonds. It blocks up the trading list and is a damn nuiscaince.
Larryary

DeletedUser3097

I wish to complain about a particular player AB who overlists x 33, mostly 1 star or no stars. SAME person is breaking the listing rules . I was told once Inno allows it cause he or she buys diamonds. It blocks up the trading list and is a damn nuiscaince.
Larryary
If you believe someone is breaking the rules, please contact Support to report it. If you'd like a general discussion about this issue (not naming names of particular players of course), please continue discussing on this thread. Please check for similar threads as well though as you may prefer to contribute on a pre-existing one.

By the way, whether a player buys Diamonds or not does not affect whether they can break Game Rules or not.

DeletedUser6687

If you believe someone is breaking the rules, please contact Support to report it. If you'd like a general discussion about this issue (not naming names of particular players of course), please continue discussing on this thread. Please check for similar threads as well though as you may prefer to contribute on a pre-existing one.

By the way, whether a player buys Diamonds or not does not affect whether they can break Game Rules or not.

I'm sorry but I was told by a moderator some time ago that it happens because these people operated numerous cities and somehow used the trader to enhance their main one. Or somethi g like that. I was told that as they used more diamonds " Inno turned a blind eye to it"
Anyway all that aside we all know this particular person. Also I stopped once because I exceeded the allowed. That brought it to mind why this and others do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

these people operated numerous cities and somehow used the trader to enhance their main one.
This sounds like players using 'push' accounts. This is not allowed- see Game Rules. And again, whether a player buys Diamonds or not does not affect whether they can break Game Rules or not.
SAME person is breaking the listing rules
Is this referring to 'push' accounts as well?

Please report this player to Support, as advised.

DeletedUser6687

I'm sorry but I was told by a moderator some time ago that it happens because these people operated numerous cities and somehow used the trader to enhance their main one. Or somethi g like that. I was told that as they used more diamonds " Inno turned a blind eye to it"
Anyway all that aside we all know this particular person. Also I stopped once because I exceeded the allowed. That brought it to mind why this and others do it.
I am going to check support

DeletedUser6687

I don't know what a push account is. I will report it to support. Thanks
Larryary

DeletedUser5093

This sounds like players using 'push' accounts. This is not allowed- see Game Rules
It may not be allowed officially, but it's definitely not policed. I've seen numerous instances of very obvious push accounts, even reported a few of them, yet every time, without exception, nothing is done. The accounts continue to operate as is, with one main account getting a huge benefit from the existence of the extra account(s). I've heard other players say the same - they see obvious push accounts, report them, but nothing is done, and the player continues to gain massive benefits.

This is unfair on those of us who play by the rules. Why are players who operate push accounts allowed to get away with it? It's obviously against the rules, but they're allowed to continue to cheat. I've given up on contacting support whenever I see such things as I know nothing will happen.

DeletedUser1874

It may not be allowed officially, but it's definitely not policed. I've seen numerous instances of very obvious push accounts, even reported a few of them, yet every time, without exception, nothing is done. The accounts continue to operate as is, with one main account getting a huge benefit from the existence of the extra account(s). I've heard other players say the same - they see obvious push accounts, report them, but nothing is done, and the player continues to gain massive benefits.

This is unfair on those of us who play by the rules. Why are players who operate push accounts allowed to get away with it? It's obviously against the rules, but they're allowed to continue to cheat. I've given up on contacting support whenever I see such things as I know nothing will happen.
I've always wondered why no actions are taken against account that couldn't possibly be legit for merely mathematical reasons. I'm talking about those with every AW @ lvl 30, even the most recent ones. How does that work without pushing? The only legit way to do so would be to buy several tens of thousands of dollars worth of KPs, and I like to operate keeping Ockham's razor in mind, so it doesn't really sound probable. A Dwarven Bulwark alone would cost $7.403,18 to max out buying KPs (by buying the biggest option, which offers the largest discount). I'm not saying it's entirely impossible, I have some rather expensive hobbies myself after all, and I'm most certainly not going to go and tell people how to spend their money, but I find it highly improbable, that much is certain.

DeletedUser5093

I've always wondered why no actions are taken against account that couldn't possibly be legit for merely mathematical reasons. I'm talking about those with every AW @ lvl 30, even the most recent ones. How does that work without pushing?
I've seen and reported far more blatant examples than this, and again seen nothing come of it. Effectively it will be something like one main account named JoeBloggs*, then several push accounts named JoeBloggs2, JoeBloggs3, etc, (i.e. all push accounts have near-identical names to the main account, so it's very obvious they're linked) then all the wonders in the JoeBloggs city will have literally hundreds of KP donated from JoeBloggs2, and hundreds more from JoeBloggs3, etc. And that's just for the current wonder levels. Sometimes all 3+ accounts are even in the same fellowship, then during adventures the JoeBloggs2 and JoeBloggs3 (etc) cities get most of their buildings deleted, to be replaced by a sea of level 1 workshops and tier1 buildings. Some of these players and their push accounts are in top fellowships that frequently place very highly in adventures, earning them and their fellows big prizes. Those of us who play by the rules simply can't compete with that.

* Not a real player.

DeletedUser6687

Thanks for the support.
I have dobbed --- in to support. I am not that devious to even understand.
I will post supports answer. So then INNO is to it!

Mod Edit: Please note that replies from Support are confidential and should not be shared.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6687

Well given what comments have been made I think support should open this up as it affects us all. I am guessing that these players would buy more diamonds. There are some totally maxed in buildings costing diamonds. So I still believe Inno is treading a fine line as policing it affects their bottom line.

DeletedUser803

Elvenar is a completely and totally relaxed game.
why should you even care if someone has a AW at level 30 or not? how does that affect your playing experience?
I've been playing for four years now. it's never been a thing for me. just play the game, or move on already. elvenar is a great game. why all the b****ing??

DeletedUser6687

Because for over a year this guy lists many trades every day...e.g. yesterday 55 today 59. It is swamping the trader, which is so annoying. I only over listed once and got warned.

DeletedUser5093

why should you even care if someone has a AW at level 30 or not? how does that affect your playing experience?
Some of us work hard to place highly in competitive events like tournaments and adventures. If we are competing against people who have a large unfair advantage due to cheating, then even our best efforts will not be enough, and we will miss out on the major benefits that players get if they place highly in such events. In the meantime, some of these prizes go to cheaters, further rewarding their behaviour and giving them even bigger advantages than those who play fairly.

I only over listed once and got warned.
Who warned you? This is not against the game rules, so no one with any authority would have told you not to do that. Unless you're just referring to the notice in the trader that you get if you try to list more than 60 trades at once? If you want to list lots of trades you just go ahead and do it. Sure, there are some unwritten etiquette rules, which I expect you're already aware of by now, but that shouldn't prevent you from listing lots of trades if you need to, just make sure you go about it in a reasonable manner.

Timneh

Artisan
I've been playing for four years now. it's never been a thing for me. just play the game, or move on already. elvenar is a great game. why all the b****ing??

Simple answer RULES ARE RULES. Most players abide by them but a few certainly do not. Just because it does not affect other players games (although it does...read @UlyssesBlue post above) that should not mean that they are allowed to get away with it.
Are you suggesting that there should not be any rules and all players should be allowed to do whatever they want ?

@larryary you are allowed to say what support told you, just do not post the reply and do not give the details. Just say what the general idea of the response was.

DeletedUser7324

1. A neighborhood with plenty of push accounts is not exactly a fun place to be.
2. I have concerns that it affects the way the game is being developed in the future as we have already seen that a lot is done to slow down the game. Those who don't have the extra help of push accounts get slowed down even more which can really take all the fun out of the game, to the point of wanting to quit.
3. There's something about fair play too. Elvenar is a game for single players but also for communities and it definitely has competitive aspects to it. So the rules should be fair and be applied.

DeletedUser6687

I got a game popup that said I listed too many. It was a long time ago and i think I would not have done ,any more than 25 to 30. I was only in about chapt 3 or 4 so I could not have had the resource to list.
To be accurate I will go look at supports reply before I come back.

DeletedUser6687

Support will not discuss a particular case but won't be looking at the number of trades listed, which is disappointing
. Limiting trades is basically all I wanted. I knew nothing of pushing. Limiting trades, would help curb pushing.
I see no reason why a average Joe would need to list 50 to 60 every day for a year.
It clogs up trading. In my game the tally of trades would be over 100.
I am glad I brought the subject up.
The game may be played at a relaxed pace but I am a very active player and i play that way and do look at rankings.

DeletedUser1874

Same reason target shooters can't take beta-blockers. It's like doping - it provides them with an unfair advantage over others. Just because there's no PvP it doesn't mean it can't be a competitive game, with tournaments, FAs and even the ranking list (I personally don't care about the latter, but there are some who do). Of course if those with maxed all AWs did so by legitimate means, such as buying tens of thousands worth of KPs, then I'd have no complaints. But again, I think it's only legitimate to doubt that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.