• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Evolution of the Phoenix

DeletedUser3097

A player in my fellowship found someone who has 2 storm phoenixes, so apparently is was possible to get multiples of them. i went and did some studying and found a discussion on the us forum that said's if you won 27 artifacts that you could then win more of the phoenixes. (but the only way to do this would be spending a lot of money)
i thought this was interesting to know, even if i was never going to spend that amount of money on the event
It was possible to win a second one of each of the Phoenixes, so a player could have 6 Phoenixes. I wonder if anyone managed to do that? To do this, they would have had to have reached the very last Grand Prizes.

DeletedUser1874

Excellent quest difficulty balance between the first relatively relaxing set which made the event enjoyable and not feel like a hassle, and the last more challenging ones for those who wanted more chances at lvl 10 phoenixes. Speaking of which, I love the idea and I love my Fire phoenix, though I would've loved the choice to be a little less of a no-brainer. Compared to the others, not only does it give very sought-after portal instants, but it provides a very good active effect. I ran a lot of math and the other two phoenixes didn't come remotely close, even though I'm more economy-based. For instance, a level 10 Aureate phoenix with a 9h and a 3h collection for 8 manufactories of each tier would've only resulted in 8% (or 16%, can't remember and I lost the excel sheet I made) of my daily production. If I'm to compare that (even a 16%) with the amount of resources (and orcs) the Fire phoenix allows me to save by fighting instead of catering over the course of two, and coming soon three (thanks to the Timewarp) tournament rounds, well... it's like comparing a dynamite stick to a hydrogen bomb. I'm not saying the Fire phoenix needs a nerf, as that'd be unfair and upset many, and it does feel rewarding and worthwhile to craft cookies - but I do feel the other two could really use a buff.

FieryArien

Necromancer
It was possible to win a second one of each of the Phoenixes, so a player could have 6 Phoenixes. I wonder if anyone managed to do that? To do this, they would have had to have reached the very last Grand Prizes.
I don’t know about our international server, but on US they were able to. Here’s an image shared on the above mentioned us forum:
NS3zb0t

Hmm, it didn’t work with the picture. Here’s direct link to the post with that picture:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....4-phoenixes-possible.19969/page-2#post-144113

m4rt1n

Adept
I don’t know about our international server, but on US they were able to. Here’s an image shared on the above mentioned us forum:
NS3zb0t

Hmm, it didn’t work with the picture. Here’s direct link to the post with that picture:
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index....4-phoenixes-possible.19969/page-2#post-144113

Extreme luck or a very big spender, anyway that has become one powerful city even if they don't get the RR spells required to upgrade all every chapter.

Deleted User - 1759805

Extreme luck or a very big spender, anyway that has become one powerful city even if they don't get the RR spells required to upgrade all every chapter.
Luck, even extreme, is not going to cut it. Not even close. IIRC, there was less than 1:1,000,000 chance of getting 25 Grand Prizes for free, and that's only 13 Artifacts. If requirements for the next batch of Phoenixes were indeed 27 Artifacts, the chance of that happening naturally would be zero, for all practical purposes.

m4rt1n

Adept
Luck, even extreme, is not going to cut it. Not even close. IIRC, there was less than 1:1,000,000 chance of getting 25 Grand Prizes for free, and that's only 13 Artifacts. If requirements for the next batch of Phoenixes were indeed 27 Artifacts, the chance of that happening naturally would be zero, for all practical purposes.

Someone wins the Lotto each week with far bigger odds than that, maybe an inno player won the Lotto. :p

The city with 6 fully upgraded I did a quick calculation and came to it requiring 54 Artifacts so as the flags after the first 20 Grand Prizes then required 30 Flags instead of the basic 20 Flags, that in my opinion is either an Inno Test City or someone with $$$$$ falling out their pockets they have so much. :eek::rolleyes:o_O

DeletedUser8939

If I were the game designers and players had failed to catch on that it was possible to get more than 3 phoenixes, I might seed the map with a city like that so someone would ask questions, thus possibly motivating someone to spend a lot of money the next time. That seems more likely to me than a player with nothing else in their city spending that amount of money.

DeletedUser7309

If I were the game designers and players had failed to catch on that it was possible to get more than 3 phoenixes, I might seed the map with a city like that so someone would ask questions, thus possibly motivating someone to spend a lot of money the next time. That seems more likely to me than a player with nothing else in their city spending that amount of money.
Do I detect cynicism??? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8939

Do I detect cynicism??? :rolleyes:

Not at all Gomplett. I think that if the scenario I described is the case, the game designers were just subtly giving players a clue to an opportunity we had overlooked.

DeletedUser7309

Not at all Gomplett. I think that if the scenario I described is the case, the game designers were just subtly giving players a clue to an opportunity we had overlooked.
Like an in-game advert?
It’s easy to forget that what may be just fun for the players is the developers source of income