• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Noobie Archmage needs advise plz

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Do any AM's have advise on how to deal with selfish team members, unfair trading and not visiting the rest of the fellowship?

I'm AM to a new fellowship filled with players that have are either tier 1 or just reached tier 2 level production. A lot are still battling with resources, space, culture... all the noob problems. We really NEED a good team spirit, active trades and neighbors who love to visit. Unfortunately some of the more established players seem to be playing their own game, watching while the rest compete in tournaments then doing minimal to get the reward. It's difficult not to get angry.

I'm naturally a team player, but I do understand that people will always have different values and styles of dealing with life. In real life I would avoid people who are selfish. In this game we seem to be stuck with them. Or are we? What are our options? Your experience and advise would be greatly appreciated :)

Timneh

Artisan
In our fellowship we have a rule that members must do visits at least 4 times a week and if they don't they get a warning message, if they ignore that message they get removed. I think the only thing you can do about unfair trades is ignore them.
Some other players might be able to give you more or better advice.

Killiak

Artisan
What Timneh says is pretty much it.

Set up your rules, advertise them on the Fellowship info screen, and make sure that everybody who joins you understands and accepts these rules.
Like it or not, we as human beings simply need rules; our societies, big and small, do not last or do well without them.

And when members break these rules consistently, then there should be consequences. A warning first, and then just removing them, as they are apparently not a proper fit for your fellowship. You can always be a wee bit lenient if they have a good reason and are willing to explain themselves.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Like it or not, we as human beings simply need rules; our societies, big and small, do not last or do well without them.
Thank you everyone for this advise. It's always tough making rules, this is afterall a game (yeah right!). But after taking your advise I noticed a marked difference in our team. People are now really getting involved and realising we're quite serious about moving forward. Its exciting stuff!

I just want to take opportunity to thank all the peeps that have guided me actually, please esperienced players, don't forget the value you add to noobs... you guys rock :)

alsael

Enchanter
Yeah,what the guys said:rolleyes:
Write a message to all members,explaining why there has to be daily visits(if not daily,then regularly),why everyone should play tourneys(rewards),and generally why everyone should participate in fs events.
I mean,if they play solo,what is the point been in an fs?
If they insist on playing the way they do,warn them(politely),if that doesn't work,kick them.At least you will know that the rest of the players you have are team players.And be patient.Your newbies team players will grow and give more to your fs.:)