• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Deleted User - 341074

444.png

@Killiak Here's an uglier one :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Release Notes version 1.78 in Beta

58595564_10213804923657919_1803741343533498368_n.jpg

Today's update includes the following content:
Miscellaneous

• At the moment we have disabled the possibility to use other enchantments than Pet Food on the Phoenix buildings. Due to an oversight this was possible before, but doing so made you unable to use Pet Food on it afterwards. Since we prioritize Pet Food over Enchantments, we have now corrected this.
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Beta Team

Last edited:

DeletedUser5093

A manufacturing challenge has just started on beta. It lasts 72 hours, and the different waypoints get you spell fragments, combining catalysts, or vision vapour. In the version I'm seeing the last waypoint is won when you get 3600 medals. Not sure if everyone gets the same version, or if there's multiple kinds. *Edit* So far no reports of different versions, so there's probably just the one.

In this version the things that earn you medals are:
3hr goods production = 10 medals
9hr goods production = 20 medals
1 day goods production = 40 medals
2 day goods production = 60 medals
3hr sentient goods production = 40 medals
9hr sentient goods production = 60 medals
Use purple/blue/yellow spell = 10 medals
Use orange spell = 30 medals
Note that the goods production doesn't need to be your boost, and can be any tier. Basically, anything will work. *Edit* Updated with figures for sentient goods.

The prizes are:
180 medals = 500 spell fragments
540 medals = 3 CC spells
1080 medals = 1000 spell fragments
1980 medals = 5 CC spells
3600 medals = 25 Vision Vapour

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Today's upgrade in Beta:

Dear Humans and Elves,

We have updated Elvenar Beta to version 1.80! Today's update includes the following content:

Balancing
  • The Stonehenge building has gotten some changes:
    • The building now produces every 48h and not every 24h.
    • Because of that, the production values have also been updated: regular resources are now doubled.
    • In later stages, the building now gives 3KP for each production cycle.

Pauly7

Magus
Is it just me or does the Stonehenge building have only a fraction of the power of the Phoenixes?... whilst also being the better part of twice as big?

Hmm... I do want a Stonehenge in my city though. It's one of my favourite henges.

Deleted User - 384643

Is it just me or does the Stonehenge building have only a fraction of the power of the Phoenixes?... whilst also being the better part of twice as big?
It doesn't have good stats (even fully evolved) for a building this size, so I don't think I'll build it.
Too bad because it does look very nice.

Pauly7

Magus
The thing that stands out as disappointing to me is that it has a whole new type of artifact. It would make total sense to me for these new style evolving buildings to be all upgradeable by the same artifacts we pick up along the way and that we would be able to choose which building to evolve.

It now seems likely to me that the extra artifact from the recent challenge is probably the last one we will ever see to allow us to evolve a Phoenix.

Deleted User - 384643

I think more Phoenix artifacts will show up at the next Phoenix event at the latest.
And who knows, there might be more artifacts to be won at the next craftsman challenge and/or Fellowship Adventure.
But even if they don't, I already got my Fire Phoenix to level 10 so I'm happy. ;)

Deleted User - 341074

I think more Phoenix artifacts will show up at the next Phoenix event at the latest.
And who knows, there might be more artifacts to be won at the next craftsman challenge and/or Fellowship Adventure.
But even if they don't, I already got my Fire Phoenix to level 10 so I'm happy. ;)
The problem is if 3 months from now the top prize for _____ is a phoenix artifact, how will every player who starts this game in the next 3 months feel about it?
6 months? 9 months?

DeletedUser8939

I just started, and I hope they make the phoenixes or something like them available again in the future. They look cool and do interesting things.

Pauly7

Magus
The problem is if 3 months from now the top prize for _____ is a phoenix artifact, how will every player who starts this game in the next 3 months feel about it?
6 months? 9 months?
This is a good point, which is also more so why I hoped that another couple might pop up in the next couple of months - maybe an FA and a mini event, but alas I still think now that Inno is done with Phoenix artifacts. There is another month long quest now and probably the next thing might offer another spare "Stonehenge Artifact". After that time the ship has probably sailed. Still, I'll be happy with what I have, but it's a pity nonetheless.

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
Universal Artifacts in future is a possibility, but alas I see @SoggyShorts point. New players are the moneymaker for Inno and for the gaming market as a whole. Get a little off the thousands of new, and more off the one or two seems to be the business plan, and as a company out to deliver a quality game that makes sense.
Someone has to fund our love of Elvenar. :)

DeletedUser4878

Maybe its shape is okay, but not the colour. Even the builder hut is changed.
I thought the green rewards would be fantastic with the constructs' buildings, next chapter.
But, now I'll use that money to start a new long journey may quit this game soon.

025.jpg

m4rt1n

Adept
Maybe its shape is okay, but not the colour. Even the builder hut is changed.
I thought the green rewards would be fantastic with the constructs' buildings, next chapter.
But, now I'll use that money to start a new long journey may quit this game soon.

View attachment 3685

So no blueprints to convert, or spells to use. No reason to have to craft anything, as I guess you didn't build a phoenix from the last event.
All I can say is that is your choice.
Say I choose not to build houses, yes I can still play and progress in the game so respect your choice in how to play.
That is your choice however so have no sympathy when it comes to quest selection for an event.
@chinto If you don't like the event quests you always have the choice not to participate in the events and just ignore them completely. :)

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I don't understand how you can not build a Magic Academy. I know there are creative or unusual choices that can be made in this game (i.e. I decided not to have a Mercenary Camp or Training Grounds), but you cut off such a huge element of the game not having an MA.
i also didnt have a MA on most of my towns (on my main it was too late allready) untill recently. it was perfectly fine for me, i didnt need anything from the crafting part, and spells, well i got loads of those from events/tournemant. I did however build the MA in every town now, because the eventquests need it. It allowed me to win more wishing wells, which in term allowed me to get an expansions where i could place the MA.