• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Building challenge

FieryArien

Necromancer
Use the smallest factory. For me with human city it’s steel marble, it only takes 2x1 squares. It doesn’t matter what your boosts are. All the factories count towards this challenge.

EDIT: even T2 and T3 factories. Even sentient goods count (3 or 9 hours). It still takes a lot of factories to finish the challenge, you are right. I wouldn’t call it unfair, though.

EDIT2: Thanks @Crowella for correcting the mistake, small human factory is indeed marble. :oops:

Last edited:

DeletedUser8921

I think marble is the human 2x1 factory. I did some quick math and assuming you set timers and never sleep, I believe you need 25 manufactories to complete this challenge IF you don't use spells. I've managed to fit 16 into my almost chapter three city so far. Waiting for some 9-hour productions to finish so I can knock down non-boosted higher-level factories and free up population. My boosted good is steel, so I'm going to end up with an inefficient 3 days with marble and plank manufactories, but fingers crossed for a Phoenix Artifact at the end.

DeletedUser8921

Since marble is a 2x1 for both humans and elves, I predict a substantial surplus of marble (along with a more modest surplus of planks which are 1x2 for elves) for about the next month or so.

DeletedUser5532

even T2 and T3 factories. Even sentient goods count (3 or 9 hours). It still takes a lot of factories to finish the challenge, you are right. I wouldn’t call it unfair, though.

Which guest race buildings are working for you, as my Amuni Goldsmith and Trapmakers did not count when I collected my 9 hour productions . :(

FieryArien

Necromancer
Which guest race buildings are working for you, as my Amuni Goldsmith and Trapmakers did not count when I collected my 9 hour productions . :(
Sentient goods are not guest race goods per say. They are not produced in Goldsmith or Trapmakers, those are guest race building, not factories. Sentient goods are produced in our regular factories, replacing 1 day and 2 day productions with 3 hours and 9 hours.

Last edited:

geordianna

Soothsayer
When this suddenly appeared - all my builders were occupied on long upgrades I speeded one up with an instant and I'm trying to squeeze in planks one at a time but even for them space is limited and if I can't do 3 hour collections it will be touch and go.

Deleted User - 1759805

Since marble is a 2x1 for both humans and elves, I predict a substantial surplus of marble (along with a more modest surplus of planks which are 1x2 for elves) for about the next month or so.
My boosted L1 Elven planks produces 25 planks per 3 hour cycle (max relic boost + some Mountain Halls). Unboosted L1 marble produces grand total of 3. I run about 40x L1 planks, this makes it 1000 planks per 3 hour cycle. A single L20 planks does double that.

No, I don't expect any observable surplus due to this Challenge ;)

DeletedUser2152

Can confirm that the sentient goods do count as 40 points for 3 hours, the floating display shows 10 points but the counter increases by 40.

DeletedUser3097

Can confirm that the sentient goods do count as 40 points for 3 hours, the floating display shows 10 points but the counter increases by 40.
This issue has already been passed on for investigation/ fixing , reported by the Beta players.

DeletedUser8921

I may have gone overboard on the manufactories. Large sections of my city are reverting to forest ...

NM9eiCQ.jpg

DeletedUser7309

I like this event but don’t think I can get the top prize in the time available. I got off to a slow start cos I built extra workshops instead of manufactories :(
Always read the instructions....

DeletedUser1874

I feel this event was actually very fair, especially to those with boosted steel. Sadly the same can't be said for the upcoming summer questline...

geordianna

Soothsayer
OK I panicked when this challenge arrived as I had no builders available and little space even for small factories but I forgot about all those spells I won in the spring event and that my big factories could switch to non boosted sentient goods. It was doable with a bit of thought