• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The cost of land in Elvenar

m4rt1n

Adept
I would welcome more discount expansion offers from the game team in future. :)
I have only ever had no more than half a dozen offers at 10% discount yet have fellows that receive 50% discount offers.
Perhaps I play the game too much to get the big offers. :D

Timneh

Artisan
Perhaps I play the game too much to get the big offers.

You might be right there, i have never had an offer of more than 10% either and i play daily.
I don't if they were joking or not but ages ago there were some people claiming that they knew of some players that got given free diamonds after they had not logged into the game for a week or so.

Deleted User - 341074

Comparing the last 10 expansions is horribly incomplete since you are ignoring the first 23
I was being generous when I assumed the player got the first 23 premium expansions already.
As a free player who focuses on WW, I've only managed the first 5 premium expansions and this next batch of WW I'm about to place will get me to #10.
5 more events 100 days apart will get me the first 23. Then another 1,000 days for the last 10.

A player who purchases all of them today is saving over 4 years of dedicating ~10 expansions to wishing wells.
If that's not a little exclusive, I'm not sure what is.

My previous statement holds up easily against any such arguments; "Fact is that a good amount of the premium expansions aren't that exclusive ever since those Wishing Wells popped up."
"A good amount"
Kinda vague killi... no doubt your statement holds true, but what does it really mean?
I mean "I have a good amount of people who worship me in real life" That is also a true statement and super impressive as long as I don't tell you that in my opinion having 4 nieces and 1 nephew worship me is "a good amount"

So, in your opinion, which premium expansions are sort "upper crust only"?
None of them? The top 10? I used the top 10 because I can't picture actually getting them even as advanced in the game as I am.

Killiak

Artisan
If that's not a little exclusive, I'm not sure what is.

"A good amount"
Kinda vague killi... no doubt your statement holds true, but what does it really mean?

Indeed. A LITTLE. Considering I said "aren't that exclusive ever since", this matches up rather well.
The concept of the word itself also implies that only a small group of people will have access, and that no one else will be able to. This simply does not hold true as the game provides rather easy access.

Let's put a good amount, in this case even, to be a bit over half; say the first 20. That's a few years worth, but this is a game for the long haul. My join date says 2016, and I see no reason why I cannot make it another 3 years.

So, upper crust exclusivity; that could be the last 10. Sure. As a general concept however, premium expansions just aren't 'exclusive' (anymore).

I don't if they were joking or not but ages ago there were some people claiming that they knew of some players that got given free diamonds after they had not logged into the game for a week or so.

Both me and my partner got some diamonds after going on vacation. Not a lot, mind you, less than winning a forum competition or finishing up a chapter. So now you know some players too :)

Killiak

Artisan
As we are on the subject of land and space;

At what point is using diamonds for Magic Workshops more space efficiënt than buying premium expansions, assuming diamonds are scarce for a player?

davemc

Bard
I may have missed out on the thread but am i correct in saying the cost in expansions (diamond wise) used to be a lot cheaper. ? I am not talking about how the cost goes up for each one. But was this nerfed a while back?. I have been playing since 2016 but only in the last couple of years more active

m4rt1n

Adept
As we are on the subject of land and space;

At what point is using diamonds for Magic Workshops more space efficiënt than buying premium expansions, assuming diamonds are scarce for a player?

I would say about where I am. Having got 13 of the premium expansions with another 20 to go. I have 2 diamond workshops that run the equivalent of about 4 so saving me almost 2 expansions of space at less than half the cost of 1 expansion. My workshops are 24 squares each.
The same may well apply to residences, but I only have the one free magic residence that Inno gave out after the great event building nerf.

Deleted User - 341074

What about this?
diamond bldg.png

More pop than 3 normal residences, therefore, saving 30 squares putting it somewhere around premium expansion #10.
Never gets any better though...so better than the 5, 6, or 7k one?
This used to be an easy calculation, but buildings like the fire/storm phoenix and recent sets make workshops almost an optional building.
Basically though if your workshop is almost as big as an expansion then sometime before expansion #10 a magic one makes sense.
Another way to look at it is that a Magic workshop makes about 1.8x the supplies, but also requires more pop so overall efficiency is closer to 1.5x. If your next expansion cost more than 2800 it's probably worth running the numbers to see if buying 2 workshops will be better than 1 expansion.

Deleted User - 341074

Another consideration: There is certainly a point where spending diamonds on essences to get a second phoenix to evolution 3 is better than buying an expansion:eek: