• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Is anyone else not getting Treasure Chests while doing Neighborly Help?

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
I usually get 3 treasure chests in the first 4-6 cities I help every day (currently helping 53 in the World Map plus another 15 in my Fellowship).

Yesterday April 22, I didn't get any treasures until the last 2 cities in the World Map and one more while visiting my Fellowship cities. I figured someone decided to give treasures at the end, to encourage visiting more cities.

Today, no treasure chests after visiting all 68 cities. I was really counting on getting some relics to help me through "Collect 18 relics" in the Phoenix Evolution event -- very disappointed. Are Treasures no longer being given out for help visits? Or is there something wrong with my World Map? I'm in Wynyandor.

DeletedUser3571

Well i just went and did a couple of visits and got chests, so i guess they are still giving them.
the only thing i can think of is that you can only get 3 chest in a day, the chest reset around midnight German time i think.
So maybe when you did the first visit you past that time during the visits and so got the chests at the end, but due to be able to visit 23 hours after you would not have past the reset time when you did the second visits so got no chests :(

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
They are still being given, but the 2nd and 3rd chests do have progressively lower chances to appear in a city. While unlikely, it is still possible that you do not get all three chests in one single round of Neighborly Help.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
...the chest reset around midnight German time i think... :(
I hope that's all it is. I've been doing visits for several months, often waiting for the timer to countdown so I can start another round - so it's possible to get treasure chests more than once in 24 hours. I've never seen this problem before but maybe it is based on a 24-hour reset in Germany. Midnight there would be around 7pm here, maybe I was visiting all my cities right before then. Good theory, thanks!

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
They are still being given, but the 2nd and 3rd chests do have progressively lower chances to appear in a city. While unlikely, it is still possible that you do not get all three chests in one single round of Neighborly Help.
I normally get all 3 chests within the first 4 to 6 cities, so to get zero in 68 cities is quite a difference. Did something change in the programming? I'll see what happens tonight, will let everyone know what happens. Thank you for the help!

cwgiii

Shaman
Timing is key. With the various time change incidents being discussed in other threads, it can actually be more intricate now than in the past. One solution that has helped me is to split my Neighborly Help. I do my Fellows 1st. Then, I move to my World Map and help about half in the morning. In the evening, I try to time my Neighborly Help to start just after the "Chest Reset Time" (8PM locally at this time of year, East Coast USA). Note: this time coincides with the Wholeseller offers being reset, no matter which time zone you are in. This has been a easy way for me to check when is optimal as the various time changes hit around the world.

I initially started splitting up my Neighborly Help because my discovered provinces on the World Maps was becoming cumbersome to help in one pass. I quickly discovered that an added benefit was to give me several opportunities to collect treasure chests, if I happen to miss them when initially intended.

Unfortunately, we have not reached parity between the mobile version and the browser version yet. I look forward to that day. Until then, I switch between the two versions for various reasons. The main reason being collection of Treasure Chests is only available on the browser version (but that method is much more tedious as it requires each entire city to load). Once I collect my chests, I switch over to the mobile version to quickly complete the rest of my Neighborly Help as described above.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
...One solution that has helped me is to split my Neighborly Help ... In the evening, I try to time my Neighborly Help to start just after the ... Wholeseller offers being reset ... Once I collect my chests, I switch over to the mobile version to quickly complete the rest of my Neighborly Help as described above.
Thanks, these are very good tips to save time and avoid frustration. I never knew it was so much faster to visit cities on a phone, will give that a try tonight.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
Update: I was able to collect chests today in my help visits, had 3 within the first 6 cities as usual. I waited until after the Wholesaler reset. I'm agreeing that chests can only be collected one per Wholesaler cycle! And wouldn't you know it, yesterday I needed Relics and today I need Knowledge Points. I got 3 relics in my chests today.... I tried doing help visits on my iPhone. It's much faster per city, especially in Fellowship cities. So once I get my 3 chests, I'm switching to the phone. I have already been using W, F and E keys to speed up help, but phone is faster. Thanks everyone, for the helpful explanations and tips!

DeletedUser8833

Hi,
sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm fairly new to this game. How does one get those treasure chests? Do I have to play on a pc? I only play on mobile and never saw a treasure chest.
Another question, how do I find out in which world my city is in?
Thanks for answering
Angy

cwgiii

Shaman
How does one get those treasure chests? Do I have to play on a pc? I only play on mobile and never saw a treasure chest.

Treasure Chests are currently only available on the PC (Browser) version. You must have the Crystal Lighthouse (CL) Ancient Wonder (AW). Then, you can win the chests while providing neighborly help, every 23 hrs.

DeletedUser5093

How does one get those treasure chests? Do I have to play on a pc? I only play on mobile and never saw a treasure chest.
Treasure Chests are currently only available on the PC (Browser) version. You must have the Crystal Lighthouse (CL) Ancient Wonder (AW). Then, you can win the chests while providing neighborly help, every 23 hrs.
cwgiii's answer is only partially correct. The neighbourly help chests are a PC-only feature, however you don't need the crystal lighthouse or anything else to get them. Wonders such as the lighthouse will make the chests more beneficial than they would otherwise be, but that's it.

To get the chests just give neighbourly help in a city while playing on a PC. You will get a notification saying treasure has been found in the city. Look around the very edges of the map in the forest, and you'll eventually find a gold chest. Click on it and you get a small prize. Keep giving neighbourly help to other cities and you may randomly find more chests, for a maximum of 3 chests per day.

cwgiii

Shaman
how do I find out in which world my city is in?

I am sure there are several methods but, when you log in (via PC / Browser version), there is a screen that helps.

1st, you need to know that there is a difference between which world you are playing on vs. which server. There are lots of servers out there and each server has several worlds. Some folks find that it can be confusing because the worlds may be called the same on different servers. For example: I play on the EU server in the world called Arendyll. There are currently two other worlds on the EU server (Winyandor, and Felyndral). Other servers may have some or all of these names as worlds on them as well.

On the log in screen, you can see which server is defaulted by looking at the top bar, next to the Innogames.com. There is a flag with a pull down list showing the various available servers. Next, in the main body of the login screen, you will see the worlds listed where you have played (just below the welcome showing your player name). Below that, you can see the other available worlds on that server that you have not played in,

"The world in which your city is in" is almost certainly the only world you have played in, assuming you are a new player.

cwgiii's answer is only partially correct. The neighbourly help chests are a PC-only feature, however you don't need the crystal lighthouse or anything else to get them. Wonders such as the lighthouse will make the chests more beneficial than they would otherwise be, but that's it.

Thanks for the clarification. It has been so long since I built my 1st AW (Crystal Lighthouse) that I did not remember if that was a requirement for the Treasure chests, or simply an enhancement.

At one time, the Crystal Lighthouse was so powerful, that it seemed like a "no brainer" (must have) if you planned on doing Neighborly Help at all. That was, of course, before Inno "re-balanced" several items.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

If you clicked on the forum button and it has taken you to this one, then you are on the international server. And if you tap the settings wheel of the game in mobile and then the button logout (don't worry you won't have to enter your username or password, you can easily login by tapping the button of your world) it takes you to a screen which allows you to select a world. The world(s) you play in are green and those you do not play in are brown.