• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mana production - S&D

DeletedUser5093

I'm just wondering what sort of mana production is best for the Sorcerers and Dragons chapter? What do other people have, and do you find your mana is plentiful, or a bit tight, or in the middle? What sort of mana production buildings do you have?

FieryArien

Necromancer
(Just finished S&D, starting Halflings.)
Personally, I tend to rely on event buildings for mana. And that’s what I’d recommend to anyone else too. Several Frost Carved Trees from Winter event got me through Woodelves and most of the S&D. I did build some Willows and Libraries respectively, but no huge numbers. :) From the Carnival event I got the set buildings and those boosted my mana production further (Revelers Fountain gives a lot when linked).

Another thing that helped me was a strategy Soggy shared: when player deletes Woodelves settlement, the space can be used for temporary Willows (which are then deleted as player builds the next settlement). It builds up significant mana buffer that comes very useful during the S&D. The same is repeated after S&D, just with Libraries instead of Willows.

Anyway, at the moment you probably don’t have much choice. So I’d say “upgrade” Willows to Libraries and add some Libraries. If you implement my suggestion above, you’ll be able to significantly reduce your Libraries after next big event - assuming there’ll be some good mana building(s).

DeletedUser5093

I'm currently in Woodelves producing about 90k mana per day. Almost all that comes from event buildings, including the full carnival set and a bunch of mana huts. I only have 4 willows. This level of production is overkill for where I am, and I already have an excellent buffer, however I expect that will change as I progress. Mostly I'm trying to get a gauge on how long my existing production levels will remain adequate, and how much they will need to increase by later. I'm currently saving up RR spells to upgrade my snow owls set, which are Orc level, so need an upgrade in order to produce mana.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I see you already put a lot of thought to your strategy. Impressive. The particular question of “how much mana should I produce?” I don’t dare to answer. It depends on too many variables, mainly on how fast do you unlock research (based on KPs you gain from various sources and your use of Portal Profit spells). There are probably people with proper equations already, but not me. :cool:

My wild guess is that this level of production plus the buffer you have will last you through whole chapter. I currently have much more because of recently placed Carnival set and temp Libraries, but I think I was producing about 120k mana at the end of S&D and I didn’t have any problems (but as I said, everything depends on your research speed - mine is above the average). You also probably naturally increase your mana production during S&D due to events.

cwgiii

Shaman
I actually made it through S&D with an average daily mana production of about 65K. It can be done. Like most things in game, it all depends......

Deleted User - 341074

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5093

Thanks for all the advice, guys. :)

It sounds like I'll probably be ok with what I've got, as my research speed tends to be below average. I'll probably take my willows out and replace them with something better if I get the opportunity, and when my snow owls get upgraded that'll add in 14,400 mana per day, for a total of about 105-110k per day.

I managed to get my mana production up to crazy levels near the start of woodelves (thank you, carnival event!), and have been tech-locked a lot since then, so my current buffer is insane (~500k and rising). :p I'm yet to research Greenery Street, but I'm prioritising it.