• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Number of goods - T1, T2 and T3

DeletedUser8278

Is it best practice to aim for an 'even' spread of goods across T1, T2 and T3 goods, boosted and non-boosted?

In other words: the same number of all T3 goods + that same number times 4 of all T2 goods + that number times 4 again of all T1 goods.

This would be achieved by making just boosted goods, then setting up trades to spread out the totals.

Also, is there any caps on goods?

Thank you for any help you wish to provide :)

Further clarification:

T3 boost = 10k, +1 = 10k +1 = 10k
T2 boost = 40k, +1 = 40k, +1 = 40k
T1 boost = 160k, +1 = 160k, +1 = 160k

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Is it best practice to aim for an 'even' spread of goods across T1, T2 and T3 goods, boosted and non-boosted?

Yes. But "even" means the same amount for all 9 goods - more or less.

This would be achieved by making just boosted goods, then setting up trades

Exactly. Avoid cross tier trades, they get hardly accepted. If one tier of goods is falling behind, build more of those manus or upgrade them. Likewise, if one tier is stockpiling postpone the upgrades or sell a manufactory.

Also, is there any caps on goods?

No cap.

Hope this helps

Deleted User - 341074

Is it best practice to aim for an 'even' spread of goods across T1, T2 and T3 goods
Your needs will change as you progress.
I went with something like:
T1:T2:T3
8:0:0 in chapter 1 (mostly fighting)
8:2:0 in chapter 2,3 (50:50)
7:3:1 in chapter 4 (50:50)
6:3:2 in chapter 5,6 (almost 100% cater/negotiate)
5:3:2 in chapter 7 (almost 100% cater/negotiate)
3:3:3 in chapter 8,9,10 (mostly fighting)
2:2:2 in chapter 11,12,13 (mostly fighting)
1:1:1 in chapter 14 <---this is totally skewed because I got awesome set buildings that give me more than a 4:4:4 build would for Christmas.

note: F2P while only scouting the minimum for each chapter until chapter 9 or 10 then scouting non-stop.

The key is to be flexible, don't lock yourself into a 4:4:4 build or any build at all, adapt to your changing needs.

The most common mistake I see is players building too many T3 too soon and not enough T1.

FieryArien

Necromancer
The most common mistake I see is players building too many T3 too soon and not enough T1.

Guilty as charged! Not really with T3, but definitely with T1. It’s unbeliveable how easy it is to get into underproducing T1. Even repeatedly during game progress. :oops: So, to add to the great posts above: pay a close attention to your T1 balance, Qtmain. It even doesn’t hurt to overproduce T1 slightly. At least you have a buffer when the “underproduce” phase hits you again ... *)

*) Based on my game experience. Filter the information through your style and preferences.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Already good advice here, but I'll just add this: Don't fall into the trap of having the same number of manufactories for each tier of goods - I see a lot of people do this. The T2 and T3 buildings typically take up more space, so produce more goods per building.

For example, at level 23 the closest reasonable way to get to an even ratio is 6 : 5 : 4 (T1 : T2 : T3) which produces goods at a ratio of 100% : 96% : 92.5%.
I see a lot of people, with level 23 manufactories, with a 4 : 4 : 4 or 5 : 5 : 5 ratio of buildings. Such ratios means these people are producing goods at 100% : 115% : 139%.

So with a 5 : 5 : 5 ratio and saying a person makes 10,000 T1 every production run, then they'll make ~11,500 T2 and ~13,900 T3. This too much T3 and not enough T1 and T2 and so the market fills up with cross-tier trades, much to everyone's annoyance!

Whereas with 6 : 5 : 4, the same production run would yield 12,000 T1, ~11,500 T2 and ~11,100 T3 - far closer to a balance. Less cross-tier trading!

Use the wiki to see how many goods each level of manufactory produces and calculate how many you'll need to achieve a balance accordinging.

Pauly7

Magus
There is nothing wrong with producing more T3 so long as you trade across tiers proactively and constantly at ratios that are reasonable and attractive (and not offensive to the general populace).

I'm not sure if there is some deep maths that will demonstrate that it is more viable to produce more T1 more cheaply compared to producing more T3 more expensively and trading it away at 4:1 for T1 goods. I would be interested to hear if there is.

Deleted User - 341074

I'm not sure if there is some deep maths that will demonstrate that it is more viable to produce more T1 more cheaply compared to producing more T3 more expensively and trading it away at 4:1 for T1 goods. I would be interested to hear if there is.
Pick a chapter and I'll check. Bonus points if you do some of the legwork and tell me the max level of each factory in that tier:p

Pauly7

Magus
Pick a chapter and I'll check. Bonus points if you do some of the legwork and tell me the max level of each factory in that tier:p
Chapter 11 - Halflings

Tier 1, 2 and 3 are all topping out at Level 23 in the Halflings chapter. Hopefully that's a straightforward point.

Aisling1

Conjurer
I love SoggyShorts analysis.
It makes sense.. lower chapters, a lot more Tier I.. by halflings, you'll need more Tier III but you can substantially lower the amount of Tier I manufactories.
You will however need to take into account variables like your FS and you hood/ trader and your boosted - and their level..
and whether you fight or cater, and to what degree.

I've a radical suggestion.. don't aim for an even spread across Tier's or even a rebalancing of goods - when you get seriously high on one and very low on another.. build and trade according to need.

I have 3 related goods.. steel, scrolls and dust - in an area (Hood and FS) where no one needs steel or dust, but scrolls are always in short supply.. sounds great right? I can anticipate and always sell my scrolls.. but sometimes I have such a surplus of crystal that I either have to sit on it for weeks.. or avoid buying when I really want to..

I've been vocal on other threads about back cross tier trading.. I could seriously discount the crystal for planks/ marble or even my own boosted.. steel.. Well. I do and I have done.. but of course, I am then undercutting those with crystal as boosted.. and they're not best pleased. And newbies looking for small amounts of tier I either pay dear, or get seriously frustrated, because they constantly have to post small and often.. and hope for the best, instead of being able to buy.

I do really think, after 4 years of playing... look at your situation, and build accordingly.
I now have 3 steel, 3 scrolls, 2 dust, 1 plank for elven tree gum ( I had two), 2 silk (for velvet).. and one gems (for I don't know what yet.. )
I'm heading into constructs..
I will probably be demolishing the extra silk, replacing it with a second gems.. and if needs be, first a dust, and then a steel will go..

A set up like this would have crippled me in dwarves..

Don't "even up" according to some formula.. don't even, even up according to inventory.. use what you have and build for what you need.
Be ready to change that.. long run, it works better.

And please, try not to back cross tier trade..

Deleted User - 341074

Chapter 11 - Halflings
Tier 1, 2 and 3 are all topping out at Level 23 in the Halflings chapter. Hopefully that's a straightforward point.
A perfect test case.

A halfling City with
Level 27 Workshops
Level 27 Residences
250 Culture per square
Country Lane roads
700% boost

A level 23 Planks factory makes 554 planks per square once you factor in all of the above support buildings
A level 23 Gems factory makes 577 Gems per square once you factor in all of the above support buildings

So,
If you trade your 1 gem for 1 plank you are still ahead (note the game won't even allow this ratio of trades)
If you trade your 1 gem for 4 planks you are bending your trade partner over pretty hard.
If you trade your 1 gem for 16 planks as the trader suggests, you are not even using lube.

Perhaps I should use this post from now on to explain why I don't take cross-tier trades...not even the courtesy of a reach-around?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
If you trade your 1 gem for 4 planks you are bending your trade partner over pretty hard.
If you trade your 1 gem for 16 planks as the trader suggests, you are not even using lube.
Haha, that bit made me laugh out loud!

Thanks for the analysis. Usually I trade across tiers 3-->1 at 1:4 as I mentioned. It's mostly set at that level because that's the smallest T1 I'm allowed to ask for (though I know you can do it differently by trading 3-->2 then 2-->1).

In my neighbourhood those trades go like hotcakes and that's why I continue. If I put up three pages of trades then it would be unusual for any to remain 20 minutes later. I also offer everyone a standard 6% profit on all same tier trades (which softens the bending over).

Anyway, I'm drifting from the point. My point was only to point out the value in producing T3, even though the practice divides opinion.