• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered How to properly connect set pieces to acquire all bonuses

DeletedUser8682

HI, i have just recently noticed that i am not getting all the bonuses on my set pieces namely krarak and kirit and also the harvest set pieces . Some of the bonuses are not highlighted and i have tried shuffling and reshuffling them and tried to follow how it should look on the map but still i cant seem to get all bonus highlighted. Can someone please help me. I am playing at winyandor . username halfpastlife78 . my fellowship is united elven nations. I really appreciate any response from anyone

DeletedUser4517

I looked at your city on elvenarchitect, and you do have all set pieces, which are touching and connected to a street. It seems like you should be getting the bonuses, so this is likely a glitch, and I would suggest starting an in-game ticket. Hope this helps! :)

Timneh

Artisan
It is not always possible to get all bonuses on all buildings. A building needs to touch another building for each bonus it has i.e if it has 3 bonuses it needs to touch 3 other buildings from the same set, if it has 4 bonuses it needs to touch 4 other buildings from the same set. I hope this helps.

DeletedUser4517

It is not always possible to get all bonuses on all buildings. A building needs to touch another building for each bonus it has i.e if it has 3 bonuses it needs to touch 3 other buildings from the same set, if it has 4 bonuses it needs to touch 4 other buildings from the same set. I hope this helps.
Ah! is that how that works? Dang I guess that makes sense, I figured it was kind of stick the buildings together and call it good, similar to how only one set building needs to be connected to a street. Well thanks for opening my eyes to that! :cool:

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Timneh is right. The buildings must be different from each other to give a link bonus, however. A building type A touching 2 buildings type B will give only 1 link bonus to any of three buildings. Two buildings type A touching each other will get no link bonus at all. (maybe someone can explain that better than me)

DeletedUser8682

The thing is i already tried all possible combinations with the set, i tried to follow how it is illustrated on the map, tried hooking up everything with a path and without a path but for some reason i cant get the whole bonus of the set. Unless i am missing something. I will try to move it again once i got an extra space on map

Deleted User - 106219

The first few sets that were added to the game had a major disadvantage: It was NOT possible to get the max bonus for each building if you had only one of each building. You had to get two or more copies of (some) daily prizes in order to achieve max bonus. The set you are talking about seems to be one of these older sets.

The last 2 or 3 sets that were introduced to the game did not have this flaw and with the right positioning you could get the max bonus for each building.

Sir Derf

Adept
If by "the whole bonus" you mean "every building receiving all possible bonuses", that is not always possible, as @Timneh said.

For example, take the Shrines of Sun and Moon Set, consisting of 4 buildings, a 5x3, 4x4 and 2 1x1. Each of these buildings has three levels of bonuses. It is not possible to get "the whole bonus" with a a single set, as it is not possible to have all four buildings mutually touching all other buildings. In different arrangements, some buildings can touch the other three, but there will be one or more buildings only touching 1 or 2 others.

DeletedUser8682

If by "the whole bonus" you mean "every building receiving all possible bonuses", that is not always possible, as @Timneh said.

For example, take the Shrines of Sun and Moon Set, consisting of 4 buildings, a 5x3, 4x4 and 2 1x1. Each of these buildings has three levels of bonuses. It is not possible to get "the whole bonus" with a a single set, as it is not possible to have all four buildings mutually touching all other buildings. In different arrangements, some buildings can touch the other three, but there will be one or more buildings only touching 1 or 2 others.

so basically what your saying is that i wont be able to get all bonuses from each of the building in the set ?

Sir Derf

Adept
Not with this set.

I suggest that, rather than thinking you've been gypped at not being able to get "everything", instead consider that you have the ability to make an arrangement that benefits your scenario.

When life gives you Elves, make Elvenade.

kimkimkim

Summoner
only 2 of the 4 pieces from the krarak and kirit set will have full bonuses and the other 2 will miss it by 1 because there was no possible way of connecting each one to 3 other pieces....this also goes for the sun and moon set....so no you will not get maxed bonuses on all pieces of the sets

DeletedUser8682

so i guess i have to open a ticket and ask the development team , at least this way everyone will be in the know

Sir Derf

Adept
Again, I don't believe that this represents a mistake, or something that is broken.

If you want, with the Shrines of Sun and Moon Set you can place the two small shrines together and between the two larger pieces, achieving triple bonus on the two small shrines and double bonus on the two larger pieces. Or you could do a different arrangement where one large and one small achieve triple bonus and the other large and small achieve double bonus. Or you could have all four meet at a common corner and everyone gets double bonus.

cwgiii

Shaman
Be sure to heck out Gamers Gems Of Knowledge (GGOK), AKA ElvenGems to see the best layout(s) for each event set.

https://elvengems.com/general-event-tips/

Note: many of the sets are specifically designed such that they are NOT able to max out the bonuses for ALL buildings in the set. Each building's bonuses are based on the number of other set buildings that touch the subject building. So, the bonuses are NOT based on the total number of buildings grouped together in the set. It is all about direct adjacency (i.e. wall to wall touching).