• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Why do you like Elvenar?

DeletedUser8542

Hi, i started playing today, the game seems too be nice but quite difficult to understand.
What's the fun in it? does it have a purpose? is it something like clash of clans?
Tell me why you like it and why do you play it :)

cwgiii

Shaman
Like every thing in life, there are pros and cons to this game. I enjoy it because it is a longer running effort. This game is about patience, decision making, strategy, compromise. Each decision, in game, leads to alternate paths. Some are temporary (a "mistake" can be overcome), other decisions are "permanent" (However, you can always start over in a new city). Regardless, I think it is fun to play, enjoy, work with fellows to understand/plan/discuss.

As is the case with players, I believe that the developers are learning too. Every change that is made impacts the game in different ways (some can be foreseen, others have unintended effects). But, the game is constantly evolving. One key to this game is to take your time and be wiling to take a step backwards in order to advance later. The fact that a player can choose different styles of play, build cities with their own purpose, and exchange ideas/knowledge with other players makes it a winner for me.

The graphics are beautiful, to my eye.

DeletedUser8542

Like every thing in life, there are pros and cons to this game. I enjoy it because it is a longer running effort. This game is about patience, decision making, strategy, compromise. Each decision, in game, leads to alternate paths. Some are temporary (a "mistake" can be overcome), other decisions are "permanent" (However, you can always start over in a new city). Regardless, I think it is fun to play, enjoy, work with fellows to understand/plan/discuss.

As is the case with players, I believe that the developers are learning too. Every change that is made impacts the game in different ways (some can be foreseen, others have unintended effects). But, the game is constantly evolving. One key to this game is to take your time and be wiling to take a step backwards in order to advance later. The fact that a player can choose different styles of play, build cities with their own purpose, and exchange ideas/knowledge with other players makes it a winner for me.

The graphics are beautiful, to my eye.
Thank you for sharing with us you seem to be an experienced player.

DeletedUser5381

Good points cwgii, I like how all the different choices we make have a different effect on our cities. They say no two snowflakes are the same. The same applies for Elvenar. (usually)

Wowwie

Soothsayer
I like it because each Race becomes a different Puzzle ,and just when you think you have it all figured out something new comes along ,One needs to be prepared to build sell ,rearrange make adjustments and carry forward and move on to the next puzzle.

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi Robioli welcome to Elvenar :)
I game on all 3 realms and I'm going to look for you.
Hmmm why do I game Elvenar. I love the buildings and making them fit together. I love the fight system; tournament starts today in 3.5 hours, and you will be able to solve all your silk provinces over again (4 encounters) up to 6 times over the 4 days. I love most of the activities and we should be starting an event this week called Carnival (I will insert a link here so you can read and prepare). https://elvengems.com/carnival/

But most of all I love my fellows. I do game with some of the top players in Elvenar. Certainly many of the more interesting and talented gamers pass thru my fellowship; the best stick around and help develop some of the strategic approaches used all over the game. We laugh and joke, make silly pics with our space at times, and support each other with advice, trades, and at times, a shoulder to lean on.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7309

I like this game cos although its building an empire, progress is not at the expense of other players; you don't have to waste resources protecting yourself from being annihilated

DeletedUser

I like this game cos although its building an empire, progress is not at the expense of other players; you don't have to waste resources protecting yourself from being annihilated

Ah, you've played Forge of Empires, I see. ;)