• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Lelanya

Mentor
Thank you @Mykan. This whole issue still leaves several points that need resolution.
1. The promise to replace the Blueprints with something meaningful.
2. The rebalancing effect that occurred with regards to buildings introduced during the Winter event of 2016/17

I would not own a magic residence if not for that rebalance, true, so I would have 88 blueprints in one city, with absolutely no use for them whatsover. I still think that we ought to be able to craft our own RR spells, with Blueprints as a necessary ingredient

Timneh

Artisan
It seems to me that me that a lot of people are looking at how to improve the latest version of what Inno are going to release with regards to the RR spell but IMO they are missing the point and that point is that all those months ago we were promised that there would be a use for blueprints for players that do not have magic buildings. The latest version has Inno keeping the blueprints but introducing a new feature, the RR spell. For as long as Inno keep the blueprint in the game and it's only use is to upgrade magic buildings then they have gone back on thier word. That is a undeniable fact. Whether someone agrees with/ likes the latest version is irrelevant, Inno are not delivering what they promised.
I personally don't really care about the RR spell because i am just about done with this game, if one of my FS wants to take over my account then i am gone. One of the big factors in my decision to leave is the fact that i am getting sick of being kicked in the teeth by Inno i.e they give us event buildings and then nerf them, tell us to build AWs because they were going to be very powerful and then they nerf them plus others, i can't sit back and take that crap forever.

DeletedUser1829

What it doesn't do is solve the issue we had with BP in the first place
You also skipped the most salient problem. Inno promised a use for blueprints on event buildings. This doesn't do that.

Didn't miss it at all.

And that right there is the whole point. Royal Restoration was developed to solve the problem of unused Blueprints. You may well have explained how your three possible issues have been solved, but they are not the issues that are at stake.

No they are some of the issues with the previous iteration which are not with the current version. I just haven't assumed that this issue won't be addressed, I am pretty sure it well. Just waiting for more information from inno in respect to it.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Didn't miss it at all.
Understood, I missed that. However, you didn't address my 3 counters to your 3 solutions.

1600 points per tourney is easy, any player who doesn't do that, it must be assumed, doesn't want 10 chests. The harder bit is finding 24 other players to join you, but again, if you haven't done that, it can only be assumed you don't want 10 chests. So, with the current solution, any player in a 10 chest FS with less than 20 magic buildings ( 2 chapters per year, 40 successful 10 chest tourneys per year) has too many BP, and almost anyone who wants 10 chests can get them. In my FS, that's 24/25 players with too many BP.

I just haven't assumed that this issue won't be addressed
Which means you are assuming it will be addressed. I'm not assuming it won't not be addressed, or in simpler english, I am assuming it will not be addressed. Other than a hint about possible tweaks (and I would suggest addressing the main issue would be more than a tweak) we have had no suggestion it will be. That's pretty weak gravy to make assumptions on. I'd like to be proved wrong on this one.

What is certain is that the more players who say they are happy with the current solution, the less likely any change will be.

The solution to big spender concerns which you outlined is absurdly simple. Conversion of BP to RR is optional. Promise kept to the vast majority of players and big spenders can still do just as many magic building upgrades as before. The only contention is the conversion rate, and since my expectations are so low, I'd take 1 to 1 (which I suspect is Inno's strategy on managing upset players if they do announce a very low conversion rate) - keep us waiting and unhappy long enough that anything will seem like a bonus.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2452

It seems to me that me that a lot of people are looking at how to improve the latest version of what Inno are going to release with regards to the RR spell but IMO they are missing the point and that point is that all those months ago we were promised that there would be a use for blueprints for players that do not have magic buildings. The latest version has Inno keeping the blueprints but introducing a new feature, the RR spell. For as long as Inno keep the blueprint in the game and it's only use is to upgrade magic buildings then they have gone back on thier word. That is a undeniable fact. Whether someone agrees with/ likes the latest version is irrelevant, Inno are not delivering what they promised.
I personally don't really care about the RR spell because i am just about done with this game, if one of my FS wants to take over my account then i am gone. One of the big factors in my decision to leave is the fact that i am getting sick of being kicked in the teeth by Inno i.e they give us event buildings and then nerf them, tell us to build AWs because they were going to be very powerful and then they nerf them plus others, i can't sit back and take that crap forever.
it seems it has a conversion problem between blue-print and RR
I have suggest....
(A) magic buildings can only be upgraded by blue-print...this keep unique property of magic building ( not blue print)
(B) event building can be upgrade by RR and blue-print...
this resolve problem of event building can be upgrade-able
this also resolve blue print usage if u do not have magic building

the only issue leave for Inno...how many RR is need to upgrade event buildings.....

Pauly7

Magus
Here's a possibly encouraging quote from Marindor today:

Hi everyone,

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback. Please let me share with you that it is still our wish to implement a way to make you able to convert Blueprints to Royal Restoration Spells. However, we have to reconsider the initial plans after the feedback from last time and it requires further investigation, design and development time to get everything in place. So for now there's not much yet to share on that topic, but as soon as we have more details, we'll let you know. :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
New post from Marindor (a mod) on Beta:

Hi everyone,

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback. Please let me share with you that it is still our wish to implement a way to make you able to convert Blueprints to Royal Restoration Spells. However, we have to reconsider the initial plans after the feedback from last time and it requires further investigation, design and development time to get everything in place. So for now there's not much yet to share on that topic, but as soon as we have more details, we'll let you know. :)

Woot. We will get a conversion.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
"However, we have to reconsider the initial plans after the feedback from last time and it requires further investigation, design and development time to get everything in place"

Wasnt all this already in place the first time they released it?...all they have to do is change the ratio of BP to RR :confused:o_O
so yeah looks like they are gonna drag it out again...:rolleyes:

Lelanya

Mentor
It's official folks the new race is out
index.php

Last edited:

Killiak

Artisan
I think the most interesting AW of the new race is the Simia Sapiens, because it boosts unit productions.
The other one is good for the competitive tournament players, which I am obviously not.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
I think the most interesting AW of the new race is the Simia Sapiens, because it boosts unit productions.
The other one is good for the competitive tournament players, which I am obviously not.
totally agree: even for competitive tournament players the simia sapiens is better, since more units means more fighting :)

DeletedUser1829

Wasnt all this already in place the first time they released it?...all they have to do is change the ratio of BP to RR :confused:o_O
so yeah looks like they are gonna drag it out again...:rolleyes:

What was in place previously was a one time conversion. We do not want that because eventually you will be stuck with a stockpile of BP again with nothing to do with them. They need a way for it to be ever present so you can convert as needed, that is what will take time, not to mention a ratio to allow that.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
If I understood that correctly, the first release offered a one time conversion of BP to RR, with this conversion being the only purpose of the BPs. The tournament rewarded RRs exclusively. So eventually, the BPs are out of the game and cannot be stockpiled (you can stockpile RRs instead, though).

It was my notion, that this first release had two shortcomings:
  1. BPs in the player's inventory converted to 10 RRs while future tourneys would reward 11 RRs for 10 chests.
  2. Magic buildings have sizes up to 24 tiles, and would need 24 RRs to upgrade - the equivalent of more than 2 BPs
Fixes would have been easy:
  1. Reduce the tourney rewards to 10 RRs (take 1 RR out of chest 10)
  2. Fix the upgrade cost of magical buildings at 10 RRs, regardless of size.
The current system is much more complicated, and there are even considerations to invoke the magic academy to achieve a similar result :eek:. The major difference between the two versions is that the players having stockpiles of BP can keep piling them up while at the same time ensure that the others will get none.

I'm not on beta, maybe I missed something. If not, I'm really disappointed with the current solution.

Edit: corrected building size

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan
What was in place previously was a one time conversion. We do not want that because eventually you will be stuck with a stockpile of BP again with nothing to do with them

In the first release BP were going to be replaced by RR so there would be no way players could amass a stockpile of BP because there would have been no BP to win. The one time conversion of BP to RR would be for the BP that players had in thier inventory.