• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser7733

Great news, the next event quests give an option to either solve world encounters or do tournament encounters. I like that :)
Thank you Inno :p:D

Disclaimer: This in Beta so anything can happen :cool:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Great news, the next event quests give an option to either solve world encounters or do tournament encounters. I like that :)
Thank you Inno :p:D

Disclaimer: This in Beta so anything can happen :cool:

I love it too - but there are an AWFUL lot of Tournament Encounters.
Not good if you don't have lots of neighbors...

Deleted User - 341074

What do neighbors have to do with it?
Do you mean if you haven't scouted much?
If you go full tournament on those quests you need 150 encounters.
If you do 5 rounds, that's under 8 provinces, and you can split them up since the event should hit 2 tournaments.
If I'm not mistaken, you must have that many provinces unlocked to start chapter 5 as a minimum.

DeletedUser7733

Yep, I don't think that Inno intended to make this game easy, there's plenty of easy games out there. They will always put a challenge in. They just make sure that everyone can give it a go rather than being completely stuck and have to stop.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yep, I don't think that Inno intended to make this game easy, there's plenty of easy games out there. They will always put a challenge in. They just make sure that everyone can give it a go rather than being completely stuck and have to stop.

But this time there is at least a choice, and scouting and negotiating regular provinces in the very early chapters are quick, and very low cost, so I think the balance is good. :)

Timneh

Artisan
It's not only players that do not have a magic academy that are screwed in this event but also the players that do not have anything in their inventory that they can disenchant to get the spell fragments. Please correct if i am wrong but i believe that disenchanting buildings, spells and instants is the only way to get spell fragments. Crafting has been here long enough now for people to have got rid of all the things that they no longer need or want in the inventory so how do they get the 1200 fragments that the event calls for ?

DeletedUser5976

It might be a good idea to craft some spells already to disenchant when the event starts. And yeah I know that a lot of people might be crafting MM 24/7 and don't want to disenchant their precious MM. Another option is winning some PoP spells during the tourney and keeping them for the event.

DeletedUser

It's not only players that do not have a magic academy that are screwed in this event but also the players that do not have anything in their inventory that they can disenchant to get the spell fragments. Please correct if i am wrong but i believe that disenchanting buildings, spells and instants is the only way to get spell fragments. Crafting has been here long enough now for people to have got rid of all the things that they no longer need or want in the inventory so how do they get the 1200 fragments that the event calls for ?
Its a nightmare to get the fragments. I'm in Beta and have managed to get the 300 fragments, but struggled mightily to get 6 encounters on the world map, followed by 12 relics as one province is only 6 encounters + 2 relics, so I had to make relics in crafting and then disenchant spells to get the 300 fragments necessary for that quest.

I've said all along that if you have a big city which has been playing for a while then you probably have a lot of event buildings you can disenchant, but once they're gone then they're gone! If you have a small city with a level 2 Magic Academy then its doubtful that you have any spare enchantments, you will have less of the event buildings as you won't have been playing for as long as a bigger city and making the CC are hard if you're low on relics.

DeletedUser7733

I usually disenchant instants, they seem to get quite high number of fragments. It can be costly if I really want to keep them so it depends on what I want more, my instants or the event building.

DeletedUser4878

A new Valentine's Event just started in Beta - "The Tale of Gaelagil and Barukbrak Continues'

It has 33 quests for a single prize and runs for nine and a bit days.

Read more here: https://tinyurl.com/yb9u429x

We will add more information to this Note as we discover things in-game. Platinum Leaf does not data-mine for event information - we verify all the quests in our own Beta fellowship.

You are welcome to share this with friends and fellowship!

50445724_10213262690022417_2698076735697584128_n.jpg

Is there any way to use COMBINING CATALYST without having a magic academy?
I don't want the valentine's prize which is beautiful and efficient, even though I loved to have it.
I might delete my account completely when I have to build the academy.
Sorry, painful memory, please take this into consideration.
Magic academy 00.jpg

DeletedUser7733

I don't want the valentine's prize which is beautiful and efficient, even though I loved to have it.
I might delete my account completely when I have to build the academy.
Sorry, painful memory, please take this into consideration.
View attachment 3524

I don't think you can get combining catalyst without the magic academy, there could be an option to buy it with Diamonds. What I mainly want to bring up, that you don't have to have magic academy to play the game only if you want the prize. So the decision for you to make is what do you want more, the prize or the space you save by not building magic academy. I'd still at least try the magic academy before you delete your account, you might get pleasantly surprised. :)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer

If you have a "disenchant" button in the inventory in the town without academy, and if disenchantment counts as "use" then you are lucky. If not... :( There are a few players unhappy about this quest, so maybe there is a chance it will not appear in future events.

FieryArien

Necromancer
If you have a "disenchant" button in the inventory in the town without academy, and if disenchantment counts as "use" then you are lucky. If not... :( There are a few players unhappy about this quest, so maybe there is a chance it will not appear in future events.

No, the “disenchant” button doesn’t work when you don’t have Magic Academy. At least in the app!

This event did it for me - I finally built the MA in my (dwarven) city. It sits there doing nothing of course, because it will fit my gameplay only in later chapters. :-/ The valentine event is a must for me - it was the event running when I started playing (my first city) last February. With the invaluable help of the quests list on Elvengems website I managed to finish it (with 2nd chapter stats, lol) and I’m still fond of that memory. Looking forward the next part of the story. :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
NEWS FROM BETA WORLD

50919647_10213304748993865_3896679718623117312_n.jpg

1. NEW GUEST RACE

In preparation of our next Guest Race, it is possible you'll already see some new things in the game.

2. TESTING: ROYAL RESTORATION SPELL

Dear Humans and Elves,

Tomorrow we will reintegrate the Royal Restoration Spell on Beta, after looking into the feedback you provided us with last month. We have decided to go for the following option:

* Tournament chests 4, 6, 8, 9 and 10 will each contain a Royal Restoration Spell.
* For upgrading Event Buildings, the balancing will remain the same as before (so 1 RRS per tile).
* The 10th chest will also contain a Blueprint.
* Blueprints will still be usable for upgrading Magic Residences and Magic Workshops.

With this solution, we hope to satisfy as many needs as possible. Blueprints will keep their current functionality and Royal Restoration Spells will be an extra addition for upgrading Event Buildings. This way we don't have to choose to rebalance the current mechanics, which would always affect a certain group of players in a negative way.

Some adjustments might still be made, but we wanted to make the Royal Restoration Spells available for you now, so we can start gathering your feedback again. Please note that the upgrading functionality might not be available right after the game update, but it will be switched on later tomorrow.

We'd like to thank you once again for your contributions on this topic and are of course looking forward to hearing your new feedback in our Feedback Thread.
https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php…

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Timneh

Artisan
Ok so if i understand it right we will get only half the RRs that we would have got before they changed it. All the people that have been working hard to get blueprints so they could upgrade event buildings but have no magic buildings are now going to be stuck with blueprints that are useless to them. Which brightspark thought up that pile of crap.
It could take months for some small FS to get enough RRs to upgrade a single building.