• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered instagram contest

DeletedUser4149

i admit to being borderline computer illiterate. i went to school in the 80s and 90s. i'm not a millennial or a person w/ a pocket protector and eyeglasses w/ tape on them.
how come when i go to instagram, i am not seeing anything about a contest whether i am logged in to instagram or not?

Timneh

Artisan
A lot of people do not have any social media and that makes it a little unfair to have contests ect that can only be joined through facebook or instagram. I personally do not do social media of any kind but i also do not care that i can not join the contests(i wouldn't even if i could) but other people that don't have facebook ect might like to take part but can't.

DeletedUser4149

thanks for the answer, lizzie. i was able to read the contest rules and might even be able to figure out how to post a picture to enter it. but i don't have another device to take pictures besides the device i use to play this game so i am out of luck unless i bother my friends to take the picture for me. i don't have anything magical to decorate the area i use to play anyways. so i'm not a fan of this contest at all unless a nice looking lady wins by showing herself off in a bikini.

DeletedUser7733

What percentage of players also use the forums ?

Reasonable number of players do read this forum. It happened to me number of times that I advised players in my FS and got told that it’s not true because the Forum says otherwise. It’s very hard to bring in new or different views here and be listened to. I have to be very “tough skinned” to survive. It seems that a group of regulars get upset and pack up against anyone who dares to challenge their views.:D

I still believe that this Forum can become helpful place that discusses drawbacks and benefits of any strategy and helps new players to enjoy the game more with me or without me.:)

m4rt1n

Adept
Reasonable number of players do read this forum. It happened to me number of times that I advised players in my FS and got told that it’s not true because the Forum says otherwise. It’s very hard to bring in new or different views here and be listened to. I have to be very “tough skinned” to survive. It seems that a group of regulars get upset and pack up against anyone who dares to challenge their views.:D

I still believe that this Forum can become helpful place that discusses drawbacks and benefits of any strategy and helps new players to enjoy the game more with me or without me.:)

I believe this forum is already a very helpful place. Coming here saying that a group of players get upset and pack up against anyone is just not true in my opinion.
I play this game in a fellowship and occasionally one of my fellows will post a question, but I post independently of anyone here and express my own opinion, be that right or wrong and do not mind experienced players correcting me on things.
In fact I find it very helpful, unlike some here who issue semi-threats and complain no end when a majority of experienced players sometimes share a differing view to theirs.
I'm here to relax and get the best possible out of my free time that I choose to use playing Elvenar, not to end up in a schoolyard bicker with some players who seem to go out of their way to try and disrupt the help others try and give.

Timneh

Artisan
To bring this thread back on topic i just want to make my point again. We all play the same game, maybe not all the same way but it is still the same game so i just don't think it is fair for some players to be excluded from certain things just because they do not take part on social media and yes i know that they could sign up to these crappy sites but some people have valid reasons not to do so. Is it really fair to have something that only instagram users can access ? Wa all have our own opinions but my opinion is that it is not fair and as i said earlier i would not take part even if i could, i'm just making a point.

Timneh

Artisan
I do not see any unfairness here. If you help Inno gaining importance on Instagram, you get a reward for that. I will not give up my privacy to Instagram, I'll get no reward, and that is fair IMHO.

You and i see things differently and there is nothing wrong with that, the world would be a boring place if everyone had the same views. Although i can see the point you are making i still do not think it is right that people who do not want to sign up to social media are missing out on something when they still play the same game as those who do use social media. Anyway i don't want to get involved in a debate about it so i'm going to leave it there.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
This building will not be exclusive to Social Media, even though that is the only place where it is currently being given out for the first time ever. There will be more ways to get it in the future, i.e. through some of our forum contests. So, keep an eye out for it, and maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones! :)