• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Timneh

Artisan
@CleverAngel777 I actually thought you being sarcastic with some of those comments about what the devs are doing but it seems not.The FAs have now been running for just over a year and the endless clicking needed was one of the first things brought up by players. There have been several very good suggestions made on the forum for better systems to choose the badges that are wanted but so far there has been no progress and not even any word on what is happening. You say that if players don't like something they can walk away but don't you think it is better to fix things that players don't like so they DON'T walk away. If they walk away it is lost revenue for the company. In my opinion that makes more business sense.

DeletedUser5976

The point is they have been spending time on making something new; the Challenges, which time could have been spent on fixing the FA. In fact the mechanic of the challenges is very suitable to use in an FA. Knowing this, it doesn't make me think that the devs are doing their best to please us 'ungrateful players'.

Deleted User - 1634960

A reminder to all that this thread was started in January of 2018, when there were indeed changes in the structure of the FA. There are threads in the 'Ideas and Suggestions' section that are not nearly as old, and which might be far more suitable for discussions of the current structure of the FA. ;)

There is certainly no reason to make snarky remarks to individuals who feel the changes of a year ago were an improvement.

DeletedUser7733

Inno developers don’t hate you. They created a game that you enjoy playing and make sure that they make money so they can pay their mortgage. Nobody works for free. If they make more money than that good on them because they created something that people are happy to pay extra for.

They can’t do miracles and mysteriously fix or create big features of the game overnight. They have to deal with reality.

It’s not FA or RR spell that are damaging the game at this moment, it’s the negative overreactions on the Forums that are damaging this game. All of you play this game at this moment so enjoy it! Inno is not pushing you play the parts of the game that you don’t like while others do.

There’s a lot of players out there that are enjoying this game as it is and have trust in Inno that they want to keep it enjoyable to keep their business alive. Both players and Inno want the same thing!

Thagdal

Sorcerer
A reminder to all that this thread was started in January of 2018, when there were indeed changes in the structure of the FA. There are threads in the 'Ideas and Suggestions' section that are not nearly as old, and which might be far more suitable for discussions of the current structure of the FA. ;)

There is certainly no reason to make snarky remarks to individuals who feel the changes of a year ago were an improvement.

Maybe this thread should be unstickied, being so out of date, and a new one created so we can start complaining anew..:p

DeletedUser

Inno developers don’t hate you. They created a game that you enjoy playing and make sure that they make money so they can pay their mortgage. Nobody works for free. If they make more money than that good on them because they created something that people are happy to pay extra for.

They can’t do miracles and mysteriously fix or create big features of the game overnight. They have to deal with reality.

It’s not FA or RR spell that are damaging the game at this moment, it’s the negative overreactions on the Forums that are damaging this game. All of you play this game at this moment so enjoy it! Inno is not pushing you play the parts of the game that you don’t like while others do.

There’s a lot of players out there that are enjoying this game as it is and have trust in Inno that they want to keep it enjoyable to keep their business alive. Both players and Inno want the same thing!
Actually most of the players in the game don't read the forum, and without comments from players who do contribute on the forum then the devs don't get to know what we think.

Sure its a game and Inno don't let us play it from the goodness of their hearts, its a business after all, but I'm sure you realise that most businesses try to please their customers and to sell them a product which they wish to buy. If the product has issues then isn't it up to the customer to go back to the business and talk to them?

This forum isn't just all sweetness and light, it should be a place for discussion of the issues which we think are important in the game.

DeletedUser7733

This forum isn't just all sweetness and light, it should be a place for discussion of the issues which we think are important in the game.

I fully agree! It's a place where everyone can discuss the issues that we think are important in the game. I have discussed quite number of issues that I think are important including this one. I actually believe that this is quite a big issue.

Deleted User - 341074

First of all 12 months isn't "overnight";)
Secondly they already did in fact create the exact PERFECT fix for the FA quests...they just implemented it on the new challenges feature instead.:rolleyes:
Innos not pushing you play the parts of the game that you don’t like while others do.
This is misleading. You seem to be implying that some players are perfectly happy with the FA as is, and that's simply untrue. The FA has a major flaw, and there is AFAIK unanimous consent among the players AND the devs that it needs fixing or at least could be better.

The game only has a few features. Telling players to simply ignore 20% of the content doesn't help. I once spoke with Timon in a live q&a about a desired feature (something to do with full shard bar) and he specifically told us that if we want a feature like that to move up the priority list that we should keep bringing it up and continue to ask for it until it's implemented.

Personally I think it's a horribly inefficient system for feedback, but if decesions are based on the number of complaints then complain we must.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7733

The game only has a few features. Telling players to simply ignore 20% of the content doesn't help. I once spoke with Timon in a live q&a about a desired feature (something to do with full shard bar) and he specifically told us that if we want a feature like that to move up the priority list that we should keep bringing it up and continue to ask for it until it's implemented.

I don't play everything that Inno throws at me and I'm still very happy with the game. Once I'm bored, I'll happily give everything a go.

Personally I think it's a horribly inefficient system for feedback, but if decesions are based on the number of complaints then complain we must.

There's a balance to everything, extremes don't work. There's a difference between constructive feedback and negative overreaction. I've given Inno a lot of feedback supported by my reasoning and tried to give a solution. I don't think they want anyone to hate them, they want us to help them to do a better game.

DeletedUser7744

Hi everyone,

No offense to those who dislike FA, but I actually enjoy FA. It gives us, new and small players, "a fighting chance." In Tourney we barely open the 3rd chest, but in FA we managed to reach the flag, and our score isn't too shabby either. These give us a sense of accomplishment (no EA). Plus, for new players resources can be extremely hard to get although I'm developing the habit of using my troops exclusively for Tourney, but still, catering can be expensive when I'm stumbled upon one. And rebuilding army can be quite painful too. While in FA, I have no resources spent, barring productions delay to get the badges. (I forgo Goods sink altogether.)

I apologize if I'm offending anyone, this is just my personal experience and opinion on FA, I may have missed the intricacies the veteran players are experiencing.

Deleted User - 341074

I apologize if I'm offending anyone, this is just my personal experience and opinion on FA, I may have missed the intricacies the veteran players are experiencing.
The FA itself is fine, most players even liked it, but the 100% unnecessary clickfest for the quests has turned many players sour after over a year without improvements.

No one is likely to be offended by you liking it... We're simply convinced that you too will find the quest system annoying eventually(and you can still like the FA while disliking or even hating the interface)

DeletedUser7733

No offense to those who dislike FA, but I actually enjoy FA. It gives us, new and small players, "a fighting chance."

That's great that you're enjoying it. :)
My FS is taking it very easy and when we spread the load around, we usually get all the prizes.

DeletedUser5976

There's a difference between constructive feedback and negative overreaction
Negativity can easily be prevented by better information. Letting us know what they're working on and why it's not been possible to change the FA mechanics even though they now have a better mechanics in Challenges. Accusing people of negative overreaction, who ask for an explanation and are frustrated by a lack thereof is making things personal and I don't like that.

Killiak

Artisan
Some people seem to feel the need to 'white-knight' for Inno, which skews the perception of what is negativity and what is constructive feedback.
Such are best ignored.

@Rilian The communication and explanation on the RR-spell issue was very good, which is the way to go when going forward with updates, patches and assorted fixes. As such, it would be good to do something like that with upcoming FA fixes and if the better mechanics in challenges will find their way into the FA.

m4rt1n

Adept
I fully agree! It's a place where everyone can discuss the issues that we think are important in the game. I have discussed quite number of issues that I think are important including this one. I actually believe that this is quite a big issue.

First of all, apologies if any of my previous remarks came across as snarky, that was unintentional.

If as you say, you believe this to be a big issue I really don't understand your recent posts.
Surely pushing inno to improve the Adventure Interface is constructive and if they just read how good everyone thinks the game is they will not look at improving those aspects of the game.

Pauly7

Magus
Absolutely. The forums exist so that players can give feedback to the devs and hopefully instigate improvement. The fact that in practice they don't contribute on the forums and evidence that they have read any of is limited is a bone of contention with me and many others, but as you say we must continue to push for improvement here and that is also what Inno (apparently) wishes.

I am very negative about Fellowship Adventures, but it is with good reason and that is that I think that it is such a wonderful idea in principle, just executed very poorly and nothing really seems to be changing over a long period of time. That is a very frustrating combination.

DeletedUser7733

Wow, since when supporting what I enjoy is a bad thing? Why would I go out of my way to make something I like look bad? Of course, there are faults that I myself addressed, I haven't seen anyone or anything that doesn't have faults. That doesn't mean that I start hating them. As long as there's more good than bad, it's worth my support. And watch out, I'm very protective of people and things that I love! :D

m4rt1n

Adept
Wow, since when supporting what I enjoy is a bad thing? Why would I go out of my way to make something I like look bad? Of course, there are faults that I myself addressed, I haven't seen anyone or anything that doesn't have faults. That doesn't mean that I start hating them. As long as there's more good than bad, it's worth my support. And watch out, I'm very protective of people and things that I love! :D

Again you are totally missing my point.

I love the game otherwise I wouldn't play it.

I am saying that I dislike the current Fellowship Adventure Interface and that it needs improving. That is in no way saying that I hate the game. :confused:

Pauly7

Magus
Why would I go out of my way to make something I like look bad?
That's not really what is going on with feedback. To whom should it look bad? Have you never had to say anything negative to a friend or a loved one for their own good or that of others? If you always just say that everything is great just because it is something that you love overall then that doesn't seem like a sensible course of action.