• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.70

• Thread starter DeletedUser3097
  • Start date

DeletedUser2452

I do not see the reasoning behind that 3 hour extension...

round separation by 16 hour
round 1 0 hour, round 2 16 hour, round 3 16 hour, round 4 16 hour round 5 16 hour, round 6 16 hour . total 80 (5X16, plant tree ) hour ( less than 4 day)
round 1 day1 8 am, round 2 day 1 12pm midnight, round 3 day 2 4pm, round 4 day 3 8am, round 5 day 3 12pm round 4 day 4 4pm
wh have sufficient time to complete

The issue of hard to complete tournament round 6 in time
it is becos the TIMING spend on battles (manual require more time) that lead too "pushing" the limit towards player sleeping, working time and school time, dinner time, lunch time...etc
each pushing into sleeping time will cost player 8 hours, if player need to work /attend school, another 8 hour is also pushing...that result in-suffcieint time to complete round 6....

the REAL HELP is not 3 hour extension, it may only give help to some ..but not all becos those "pushing" is still exist for all players

The REAL HELP is to give change the separation from 16 hour to 15 hour, it give player 1 hour to absorb those "timing" so that the "pushing" can be reduced to minimum

I think I do suggest in game improvement in past, no idea why it is not adopted

ps I wake up after tournament start 3 to 4 hours, although i lost 3 to 4 hour in tournament time, I never feel there is a need to increase 3 hours..... the only problem i have is, i can do min 8 prov to round 6 , up to 16 prov (likely possible), but the larger peovinces (=>17), i cannot do round 6 becos of the "pushing"

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I cant see a more appropriate thread so putting this in here (apologies if there is a better place)

We need to see signs of the next guest race soon or you will start to see those at the end of the tech tree & city development heading off to other games.

DeletedUser7733

I cant see a more appropriate thread so putting this in here (apologies if there is a better place)

We need to see signs of the next guest race soon or you will start to see those at the end of the tech tree & city development heading off to other games.

There already is a tiny sign. Collect coins from your residence and quickly click on your Main Hall, you see the next sentient goods. How exciting! :D

Skelve

Bard
Prolong Tournament by 3 hour is no good and no help at all
shorten the separation of next round from 16 hour to 15 hours is much better

For example:
If I start at 8 am, it take me 30 mins to 1 hour to complete round 1
16 hour later, it is 12 pm midnight to start round 2, this will affect sleeping time

if the separation is change to 15 hour, then it is 11pm, i can start round 2
b4 12 pm midnight, i should able to compete round 2 without affect sleeping

if any 1 is playing beta world, game worlds or various game worlds
the separation 16 hours will make the situation much worst off as it keep on kicking (pushing ) player's sleeping time

if it is change to 15 hours, player can use that 1 hour to play more...like more manual fighting....etc

Agree. While I appreciate the intention, the extended 3 hours won't help people living in certain time zones. For me the tournament starts at 11:00PM Tuesday. Unless I am willing stay late (common to play a game?), I can only start the first round next day (Wednesday) in the morning. Then the 16 hours cool down time push the next cycle even further and 2nd round can only be played on Thursday. For me the tournament ends at 11:00PM Saturday (with the adjustment it will be 2:00AM Sunday) and therefore unless I wake up around 4:30AM in two days in between I can only play 4 rounds. What could really help is to reduce the cool down time to 14 hours or at least 15 hours.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Wow @skelve that is really bad timing :eek: For me, the tournament starts Tuesday 7:00 PM. I can do comfortably one round each day, 5 rounds total. A sixth round would cost me some sleep. I always assumed that it was like that for everybody (some thinking might have helped :oops:).
Still I appreciate that Inno addressed the problem, although it is obviously not solved yet. Sure it's not fair that one player can do only do 4 rounds of tournament without losing sleep, simply because he's in a "bad" time zone.

DeletedUser7733

I don't understand what the problem is. It hasn't made it worse for anyone while it helped some to do 5 rounds. Of course, the more rewards you want, the more effort you have to put in. It's hard to make everyone happy and it's not a bad thing to make some people happier without taking anything from others.

m4rt1n

Adept
To do six rounds I have to still do an early/very late 16 hour back to back round, be that round 2/3, 3/4 or 4/5 on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. The 3 hours do allow me to add a couple of extra provinces for now, but in the long run I'll lose those extra troops produced as there is now 3 hours less training time between the tournaments.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
It's hard to make everyone happy and it's not a bad thing to make some people happier without taking anything from others.
Tourney places are a zero sum game, therefore any aid or hindrance to anyone is the opposite to everyone else.

That said, I would much rather some combination of tourney length and province cooldown was chosen that allowed every international timezone to do 6 rounds without missing sleep. And that means either 5 days length spread over 6 days, or shorter cooldowns. If you are going to level the playing field, then level it, don't just roll out one of the many bumps.

DeletedUser7733

Tourney places are a zero sum game, therefore any aid or hindrance to anyone is the opposite to everyone else.
:confused:

That said, I would much rather some combination of tourney length and province cooldown was chosen that allowed every international timezone to do 6 rounds without missing sleep. And that means either 5 days length spread over 6 days, or shorter cooldowns. If you are going to level the playing field, then level it, don't just roll out one of the many bumps.

If you make the game too easy, everyone will get bored and leave. The beauty of this game is that there's a challenge and people that choose to compromise their sleep are rewarded more than people that can't be bothered. We all love this game otherwise we wouldn't play it so why to pick on things.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Only 1 person can finish first each week, or 8th, or 235th. If you help the person who finishes second, you are harming the person who finishes 1st, 3rd, 5th and 851st. That's what a zero sum game is.

The beauty of this game is that there's a challenge and people that choose to compromise their sleep are rewarded more than people that can't be bothered
Aha, but at the moment some people have to compromise their sleep more or less than others to do 6 rounds. That's not fair, hence my level playing field analogy. I don't like sleep deprivation being used as a positive, I would rather ability to fight or cater tourneys was the differentiator. If everyone has the opportunity to do 6 rounds, then we just see who has the most efficient city, makes the right choices, can fight the best, etc.

DeletedUser7733

Aha, but at the moment some people have to compromise their sleep more or less than others to do 6 rounds. That's not fair, hence my level playing field analogy. I don't like sleep deprivation being used as a positive, I would rather ability to fight or cater tourneys was the differentiator. If everyone has the opportunity to do 6 rounds, then we just see who has the most efficient city, makes the right choices, can fight the best, etc.

And you believe that you can achieve complete fairness? What about people going on holidays or having an important event in RL that they have to attend?
Would allow for them to keep it "fair"? Where would it stop? As long as majority is treated fair, it's fine by me.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Of course. I already made my suggestion of how to achieve fairness for everyone who keeps regular sleep hours and has access to the game during their waking hours.

I would much rather some combination of tourney length and province cooldown was chosen that allowed every international timezone to do 6 rounds without missing sleep. And that means either 5 days length spread over 6 days, or shorter cooldowns.

None of this is for my benefit. I am sad enough to have made 6 rounds something like 50 of the last 52 weeks.

DeletedUser5976

A game that encourages people to compromise their sleep which will in the long run affect their health is never a good thing.

DeletedUser7733

A game that encourages people to compromise their sleep which will in the long run affect their health is never a good thing.

Luckily, we are all adults and know the best how to manage our health and make it a priority. And of course, whoever wants to play late at night is quite welcome. I wouldn't let any game rule my life! :D

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
It has always been my notion that everybody could do 5 rounds in tournament easily. If someone wants to do more, it comes at a price. I was mildly shocked that for some players it is only possible to do four rounds easily. I think it is unfair that two people with the same waking hours (in their respective time zones) and the same commitment have different results in tournaments.

I didn't realize the unfairness until now, and I already said that I welcome the extra 3 hours, even if it doesn't help me personally. To me, it's not about the sixth round at all, or ranking, or something - just about not excluding some players from playing like the others do.

Maybe a reduction of the cool down time would make reaching the 6th round too easy, so perhaps another 9 hour prolonging of the duration could be considered.

DeletedUser

We asked for a 15 hour cooldown period when tournaments first came into the game, back when they were a neighbourhood activity before they were turned into a fellowship activity. Inno took no notice then and I wouldn't expect anything different now. The 3 hours might help some people but they definitely won't help all people. A reduced cooldown would help more people for sure. Not sure that it would make much difference to me, if I did 6 rounds I probably wouldn't get more points as I'd just do less provinces because I only have a certain number of troops and when they're gone, they're gone!

Killiak

Artisan
If you play in this server, you are bound by the servertime, which affects ALL timed events including the tournament. Playing on this server is a choice, as is playing on one that has better times for said person making the choice.

For me, my work hours make things often difficult. But that's my choice.
That said, 4 or 5 rounds should be enough to make the points for your FS though.

DeletedUser3571

Well I've just found one disadvantage to me from the extra 3 hours. i used to be able to see the end of the tournament and be able to respond if someone tries a late push, but now i have to go to sleep before it ends.
Annoying for me this week, as i spent so much on the scrolls tournament and left an hour and a half before end with over 1000 points separating me from second place. However someone further down overtook me in that time, so i came second.