• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Deleted User - 341074

@FieryArien As a min/maxer myself I completely understand, and set buildings are a great example.
Old sets were designed in such a way that you HAD to get more than 1 of a building in order to get the full set bonus, so that was probably the design intent...right? Maybe? I don't know.
I also have no idea if the devs intended for me to be able to replace 6 max level gem factories 10 residences and 5 workshops with half a dozen itty bitty sleds. That plus all of the rest of the set, in total I gained about 70 expansions worth of goods production on Beta which is obscene.:eek:
I seriously produce over 3x the goods that I used to.

Your 17 WW might get you 8K diamonds, but in those 100 days I'll make over 10,000,000 gems...so who exploited the event lol

The problem is that we never know what inno has planned. Maybe the costs of techs are going up 300% in chapter 14. Maybe they are going to massively rebalance something else.

I posted everywhere that I could how awesome the sets were this event, including on Beta 2 weeks before it was released on live, so if the devs wanted to nerf them, they could have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Derf

Adept
Small side note - I've not researched, nor had I even heard the phrase "push account" before. But, I feel the need to point out the presence of the word "account" in the phrase.

Deleted User - 341074

Small side note - I've not researched, nor had I even heard the phrase "push account" before. But, I feel the need to point out the presence of the word "account" in the phrase.
As I said, the rules including push accounts were written before it was possible to push yourself using the same account.
Letter of the law? Probably OK. Since this isn't court though...

Pauly7

Magus
The point is moot anyway as whatever rules there are don't ever get enforced.

On another note I just finished the sequential quests with 27 hours to spare. It took so long because I did it without looking at any spoilers, without building any temporary buildings and only doing quests when it was convenient to do them (i.e. if a quest asked for relics I waited til the next tournament opportunity).... still, I didn't actually expect it to come this close to the wire.

Killiak

Artisan
Making Diamonds work for an entire account is a marketing choice, whereas Wishing Wells are more of a design choice.

We will never know, unless an Inno rep enlightens us, wether the combination of the two was considered when either choice was made.
Regardless of that, it is in the game now, and under the current rules it can be considered legal. Legal enough that it was even mentioned as a valid strategy in an official forum.

So, let's carry on discussing the Winter event :)

m4rt1n

Adept
The point is moot anyway as whatever rules there are don't ever get enforced.

On another note I just finished the sequential quests with 27 hours to spare. It took so long because I did it without looking at any spoilers, without building any temporary buildings and only doing quests when it was convenient to do them (i.e. if a quest asked for relics I waited til the next tournament opportunity).... still, I didn't actually expect it to come this close to the wire.

Nicely played, I've done it a few times, and it is good to know that I'm not the only one who can complete events without spoilers when I choose. :)

m4rt1n

Adept
A little lie by Inno I need to highlight, my Advent Candle that was sold under the pretense that it would last for the duration of the event expires 8 hours before the end of the event.
I'll let support know, not a biggie but it will still cost me at least 7 flakes.

I'm sure it was a mere oversight and do thank the Elvenar Team for providing such a great event. :)

Edit add: I just won the final building with my few remaining snowflakes, so say overall, the best event yet, thanks guys. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

@FieryArien As a min/maxer myself I completely understand, and set buildings are a great example.
I also have no idea if the devs intended for me to be able to replace 6 max level gem factories 10 residences and 5 workshops with half a dozen itty bitty sleds. That plus all of the rest of the set, in total I gained about 70 expansions worth of goods production on Beta which is obscene.:eek:
I seriously produce over 3x the goods that I used to.

Your 17 WW might get you 8K diamonds, but in those 100 days I'll make over 10,000,000 gems...so who exploited the event lol

i got about 50,000 people just from winter stars and gingerbread men. hard to say who came out best here. depends on what you value the most, i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Necromancer
i got about 50,000 people just from winter stars and gingerbread men. hard to say who came out best here. depends on what you value the most, i guess.
Curious question: how many residences do you still have? How will you keep earning enough gold to run and upgrade your city? Just neighbors visits? :eek:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
its just not my lucky day:(...just used my last 80 flakes trying for an 8 or 14 hr time booster and i get the ice rink.:mad:
well i suppose thats 1 less woodelvenstock i dont need RR spells for.:D

DeletedUser7309

its just not my lucky day:(...just used my last 80 flakes trying for an 8 or 14 hr time booster and i get the ice rink.:mad:
I used my last snowflakes and got ... more snowflakes :eek: and not enough to spin again. Also am less than 30 delicacies short of the last grand prize
Great event, looking forward to the next one

Pauly7

Magus
I used my last snowflakes and got ... more snowflakes :eek: and not enough to spin again.
Ditto, haha.

I don't share others' sentiments about the event though. This time out I've cursed every time I've landed on a daily prize. Luckily I can now liquidate them and all the grand prizes.

I really don't like this change in direction which means that if I don't want any of the set buildings and I don't like the theme of any of the prize buildings that there's now nothing else to look forward to in the daily prizes, i.e. no time instants or unit upgrade buildings.

I'm not really negative about it though. I still have fun playing through the tasks and picking up all the coin rains and supplies instants, plus I know that everyone else seems to love these buildings.

I think I said all this already. I'll stop going on.

DeletedUser4003

Ditto, haha.

I don't share others' sentiments about the event though. This time out I've cursed every time I've landed on a daily prize. Luckily I can now liquidate them and all the grand prizes.

I really don't like this change in direction which means that if I don't want any of the set buildings and I don't like the theme of any of the prize buildings that there's now nothing else to look forward to in the daily prizes, i.e. no time instants or unit upgrade buildings.

I'm not really negative about it though. I still have fun playing through the tasks and picking up all the coin rains and supplies instants, plus I know that everyone else seems to love these buildings.

I think I said all this already. I'll stop going on.

Cmon it wasn't that bad... we could get a lot of fragments ....

i did all the main quest line in 4 days, went all in on harming tree (1600fragments per 1) + double bonus day (grand rewards = more fragments)

Winter Tragic wasn't THAT BAD ...at least now we have a recycling option :D

Pauly7

Magus
Cmon it wasn't that bad... we could get a lot of fragments ....

i did all the main quest line in 4 days, went all in on harming tree (1600fragments per 1) + double bonus day (grand rewards = more fragments)
I finished the quests yesterday at my own leisurely pace. They were never the problem. I also got up to the 4th (technically) grand prize.

What do you mean by fragments? Do you mean disenchanting stuff? If so that was exactly my point and that was one of two reasons for pumping all my snowflakes into double delicacy days (the other one being that dude in the tights was running twice as fast towards the extra titbits.)

It's still a shame to be in the position of not having one single daily prize to look forward to out of 32 days. I think that when an event takes up more than a whole month straight then the devs should try to be a little bit inclusive of everyone in their planning. With 32 days to play with surely that's possible even for someone with unusual values in the game.