• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [PC] Mountain Halls - upgrade without research being completed

DeletedUser7075

Hi there,

I am able to start an upgrade on my Mountain Halls without the full amount of Knowledge Points needed for the research. I get an error "Required Knowledge Points not reached", but the upgrade seems to start anyway and the cost of resources and relics is taken from my inventory.

Upon restarting the game the ancient wonder is back to normal (not upgrading) and my resources are back in stock.

Here's the step process:
1. Click on the Mountain Halls to open up the info window with the "Overview" tab selected.
2. Click on the "Upgrade" tab.
3. The amount of knowledge points invested is displayed correctly (not enough) and the "Upgrade" button is grayed-out (disabled). This is ok.
4. Click off window or the "X" close button in order to close the info window for the wonder - this doesn't work. Instead of the window being closed, the research cost disappears and the "Upgrade" button becomes green and enabled.
5. Click on the "Upgrade" button and the upgrade appears to start, but the "Required Knowledge Points not reached" error is also displayed. Materials for the upgrade cost are taxed, as well.
6. Restart game, everything is back to normal - no upgrade, no materials gone.

It's not just a one-time issue, it happens every time I try it.

Important to note that this doesn't happen with any of my other Ancient Wonders, but only with the Mountain Halls.
Mountain Hall stats: level 16, research done 800/960, 13 people contributed.

Here's a recording of my screen when the issue occurs: https://cl.ly/b73781de899d

Screenshot of the error is attached below.

Image 2018-12-12 at 6.11.45 PM.png

Deleted User - 106219

That's a known bug that has already been reported on Beta. When you click on your AW two windows are opened on top of each other. The first is the regular window, the second one is where the Upgrade button is active even when it should not be.

DeletedUser5306

It just happened to me as well with Mountain Halls, playing with flash. Exactly like you said shadowblack, 2 windows and I got the same message "Required Knowledge Points not reached"... when reloaded everything was back to normal.

EDIT: just happened with my Dragon Abbey as well!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5976

I had it with Needles. I think it's not endemic to Mountain Halls.

DeletedUser3097

Hi there,

I am able to start an upgrade on my Mountain Halls without the full amount of Knowledge Points needed for the research. I get an error "Required Knowledge Points not reached", but the upgrade seems to start anyway and the cost of resources and relics is taken from my inventory.

Thank you for your very thorough and well-explained bug report. Please could you open a ticket with Support including in the title FAO DIZZY LIZZIE so this can be investigated.

Thank you to all the later thread contributors too for adding extra info which will help us identify then squish this bug!

Luciana

Seeker
I had same situation , mine involved "Needles of the tempest" everything else is almost identical to "pen4o's" description.

DeletedUser441

I had the same problem in my Needles , reported it and was told it is a known bug. Another annoyance in the game that seems inexplicable !!!! :(:rolleyes: