• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Replace 'Buy KP' quests with 'Gain KP'

DeletedUser5093

In events there's often quite a few quests requiring you to buy a certain number of knowledge points, which adds up to several dozen KP over the course of the event. For longer term players, or simply those who've purchased a lot of KP over the course of their game, the unit cost of the KP can be so high as to make these quests unreasonably difficult or impossible. The excessive KP price also means that purchasing KP as part of normal game play (i.e. not simply for a quest) is usually not viable, which effectively removes this feature for a lot of players.

My suggestion is to change these quests from requiring you to buy KP, to just requiring you to gain KP. It's a subtle change, but one that makes it a bit more flexible, so it can include not just buying KP, but also gaining it through things like the hourly increment, completing encounters, collecting it from buildings that generate it (e.g. ToS, carting library, etc), and so on. This means people would still be able to purchase KP to get past the quest if they wanted, but there would also be alternative options for those who otherwise wouldn't be able to get past that quest, and would therefore be blocked from fully participating in events.