• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Royal Restoration

• Thread starter DeletedUser7032
  • Start date

DeletedUser7032

if they are not going to implement it at all then they should at least come out and say so, then i can move on and just get on with the game

DeletedUser5976

Well I don't think they would discuss it in Beta forums if they had no intention of introducing it, but I think the time in between may have given them ideas about the exact implementation compared to the ideas a few months earlier as we see now.

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi @Dizzy Lizzie please could we get an answer either way as I am sat in a predicament holding on to my Giant Ice Hagg and it would be superb if we had some sort of answer. A great xmas present is what I wish for as that is my favourite building and I'll be sad deleting it.
Without an upgrade or two on it though, sadly I will have to let it go.

DeletedUser5976

Could we please get some official information on this? The last official information we got said, we will let you know as soon as we get some information ourselves. Since it's being discussed in the Beta forum there must be information to be got.

m4rt1n

Adept
Even if the information is "sadly we haven't been able to do it" please let us know, please @Muf-Muf @Dizzy Lizzie

My upcoming choices depend on the answer we were promised back in the spring. :)

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
So I can't even remember what the official line was on this...

The Royal Restoration spell was announced.... many many moons ago. Then they said they were having trouble with it. Did they ever explain a reason why? Then after a long time more had passed they suddenly said that it wasn't going to appear until close to the end of the year.

It's true that we have seen Inno say and do some weird things, but as mentioned above to have described this new item in such detail and with such certainty, right down to giving it a name and an icon - if that were all some sort of ruse... for what?... to entice people to play longer in the hopes of a fake spell appearing?? That seems a little far fetched.

Perhaps more likely is that they have, since the announcement, realised the financial implication to them of releasing this spell, as previously outlined and now they are either a) burying their heads in the sand until it all blows over and everyone forgets about it or runs out of energy, or b) they are scrambling to try to design a different version of the spell which will both appease the masses and not cost them money.

I don't believe for a second that they have had NINE MONTHS worth of development on a single item... what?... spending all that time ironing out wrinkles?

And we all know that when Inno and mods alike turn silent on a topic then there's a reason why which we won't like. They have a pact of silence until they've come up with the best form of spin.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
seeing that its called a royal restoration spell, i do hope its craftable in the MA and not only available as a tournament reward. not everybody does tournaments...o_O

DeletedUser5976

NINE MONTHS
It's more like 6 months. They announced the nerf and the royal restoration spell at the end of may. It may seem longer with all the deafening silence though :p

and not only available as a tournament reward.

I think the idea is indeed to make it available from more than the 10th chest of tournament only. The announcements in the past implied that.

Last edited by a moderator:

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
As I understand it now, you are going to need one royal restoration spell PER SQUARE of the event building you want to upgrade. So, in order to upgrade a 4 x 4 event building you will need 16 spells! That's 16 weeks of achieving 10 chests in the tournies for one measly upgrade of one building. Not wishing to be a grinch (and I have a bucketload of blueprints) but that sounds extremely poor value. The reasoning behind it as offered in the Q&A I also find bogus - which is why would you want to use a single spell on a 1x1 building when you could use it on a larger one - surely that's up to the player to decide. Plus, it's not necessarily the case that a 4 x 4 building is 16 times more useful/effective that a 1x1 building, or 4 times a 2x2 building.

DeletedUser5976

I am not sure if this would be the way it will be implemented. After all currently one blueprint upgrades one magic building, however many tiles the building might be and whether it becomes bigger after the upgrade or not. Surely it won't be so that upgrading one magic building after one 10 chest tourney will change into a lengthy process of anywhere from 4 to 20 weeks. Who will buy magic buildings anymore if that was the case? The question then is how will blueprints we now have be turned into RR spells (since that is what we were told) and how do you calculate the exchange rate, based on a lvl 1 magic building, or a lvl 13 one? Also we were told that it won't be available just from tourneys so that's a good thing, but the conversion of the blueprints is still a worrying one.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
so the one free royal restoration spell promised is going to be pretty useless if you were needing 16 of them to upgrade a large building. hows that for a slap in the face of all those that got nerfed. :rolleyes:
sure there needs to be a balance of how fast and how much you can upgrade your old buildings, but also taking too long makes it even more boring for players that have to wait and may never get to upgrade a building if its going to take so long or how much you have to do to get one.

wheres the Q&A you are talking about @EdwardTrunk can you link it?

Thagdal

Sorcerer

hmm seems they are being very shady about it. so not going to happen in 2018 as promised for starters. and yep sounds like one spell per square and no idea how the bluprints will translate over.
so wait and see for another month at least for now....

Last edited:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i dont see how complex a thing it is, they compare it too the difference between event building which are chapter based and lvl buildings that you upgrade.
They already have different event builds as per chapter already available, so why cant it just be like, you have a spell we can see that, you delete the old building using said spell and it gives you the higher chapter build in your inventory?
obviously thats too easy a way to get said building which is why they've taken so long to make it so its actually harder for the player to get said spells by making you need more spells to upgrade them.
He said it was "dumb" to have one spell do a 1x1 or a 4x4...seriously who really will upgrade a 1x1 building anyway?:confused:o_O

Pauly7

Magus
I suspect that the whole "one spell per square" is all to do with the need to make this spell much much less powerful for reasons as already mentioned. I am taking this to mean that one blueprint will translate to one spell for one square. I hope I'm wrong, but if not then all this saving a small handful of blueprints will have become a little bit pointless.... if it is true that they are planning for it to cost 16 blueprints to upgrade my Menhirok's Barrow by one level.