• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures control ideas

DeletedUser5976

I have to wear wrist splints during the adventures as the amount of clicking becomes to a point I cannot continue due to the pain making the whole game unpleasant
m4rt1n please don't play the adventure if it is endangering your health. Your commitment to your FS is commendable, but it shouldn't push you to these extremes. And as long as we keep playing the FA as it is, they will not feel the urgency to fix it. Although in the Beta forums Marindor has said they're aware of the complaints and are working on it, they've been saying that for a long time now and there is no change. The prospect of selling packages is perhaps pushing them to keep bringing FA back, but there will not be much packages sold if people would sit the FA out.

cwgiii

Shaman
Making the mobile app work is clearly their priority

I do believe this is the case. And this is where the resources will be focused for the next extended period of time, IMHO. Of course, this is only a guess on my part, as there is zero visibility in what is being worked on at any given time.

m4rt1n

Adept
m4rt1n please don't play the adventure if it is endangering your health. Your commitment to your FS is commendable, but it shouldn't push you to these extremes. And as long as we keep playing the FA as it is, they will not feel the urgency to fix it. Although in the Beta forums Marindor has said they're aware of the complaints and are working on it, they've been saying that for a long time now and there is no change. The prospect of selling packages is perhaps pushing them to keep bringing FA back, but there will not be much packages sold if people would sit the FA out.
I think this time I'll try using the app for badge collecting as it's much lighter work on the fingers. :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Now I am rather new to this game, so I may be missing the big picture here (am going on my first FA now).

But this seems so obvious I have no idea why nobody (with one exception) seems to get it. If a game generates money by players clicking, why on earth would they change the system from clicking 50 times (15 items, 3 clicks to move along each) for obtaining a badge, to clicking 1 time? It would mean their income of (real) money would go down by 98%! Who of you guys would give up 98% of your wage to make other people have more fun???
This is not a difficult technical problem, that programmers can´t solve. It is a financial problem that the game does not want to change.

The only ones who can change this problem is all of you guys out there. As soon as you click less the game will change immediately. How to click less? Two ideas come to mind: Stop playing altogether (which is probably not a serious option for most, however deleting high power accounts would send a strong message) or simply refuse to do all the things that make you click excessively (this is a rather weak message. There will be less clicks either way, by people refusing to click or by changing the game. There is no real incentive to put resources into change). So in my eyes the only thing to do would be all the top Fellowships would have to get together and agree on sitting out an adventure or two. The reduction in clicks has to be more than the reduction of clicks by a change in the game. Seems quite unlikely to me, too. So my guess is: You will be waiting for this change to happen for a very long time ;). People complaining about this is not costing the game money, if anything it generates more clicks. Of course it is a bit of a tactical fight, since the game is also dependent on the mood of the players, which brings us back to option 1. Once enough players start leaving the game because of it, the game will finally change.

Now I am off to do some more clicking, thereby undermining your chances of this happening even further... until i get bored of the clicking (most likely during the FA). Cheers all!

Timneh

Artisan
I don't understand why you think that clicking in the game generates money for the company. The way the company earns money is from players buying diamonds(the in game currency) or buying packs of certain things when they get offered, there is amost always at least one offer during an FA where you can buy badges with real money and in events there is normally at least one offer where you can buy whatever resource is needed for that event, again for real money. Clicking on your mouse does not earn the company money.
The complaint players have about FAs is the amount of clicking needed to cycle back to the quest needed if you want to collect several of the same badge, it is tiresome and boring to do all that clicking for what a lot of players think are very poor prizes.
The devs have said that they are aware of the problem and are looking at how they can change it but they also said it will take time to find a suitable alternative system. Not sure how long the FAs have been running now but must be over a year or so and we still have no news on how the search for a new system is progressing.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Agreed and understood Timeneh, with one subtle counter argument. Are you more likely to spend diamonds to avoid something easy and quick or something painful boring and labourious? :p

I think the developers problem is that they want to make it cost effort to get badges, otherwise those with the most expansions win, and it encourages spending to avoid that painful clicking. They can't think of a better way to make it take effort than clicking :eek:

DeletedUser5976

I don't think they're this devious. People buy packs because they want top spot in the FA and the prizes that go with it. Yes I know that most top FA fellowships say they are not buying packs, but someone must be buying the packs or they wouldn't keep bringing back the FA even though people complain in the forums. It seems what is happening in game is different to the complaints in the forums. The more fellowships play, the more competition and the more incentive for others to buy packs to get the prizes that go with the top spot.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
We've won 5 of last 6, or 6 of last 7 or something. Came 2nd the other time. I know for a fact no one has paid real money. And yes, the prizes aren't great unless you finish in the top 3, then they are a bit better. We are just all competitive, mostly late game, and are happy to delete a bunch of buildings to make space. I've nuked 50k points before to make space for FA.

Lets say you get badges automatically by making stuff, no clicking necessary. Then its just "who has the most space". The excessive clicking at least puts a bar up so those who put in more effort are more likely to do well. Inno just need a replacement proxy for effort rather than clicking.

Lelanya

Mentor
We've won 5 of last 6, or 6 of last 7 or something. Came 2nd the other time. I know for a fact no one has paid real money. And yes, the prizes aren't great unless you finish in the top 3, then they are a bit better. We are just all competitive, mostly late game, and are happy to delete a bunch of buildings to make space. I've nuked 50k points before to make space for FA.
8 of the last 9 hon, and no packs purchased, in fact we make a point of building badges in our cities. Yep I have a collection of libraries going soon, as well as some fields and farms

DeletedUser5976

Great that you guys can all do it without buying badges. I can't say I really care, the game has to earn money and I'm not objecting to anyone buying packages. My point is: someone is buying them, why else would we be forced to go through this defective system time and again if it didn't yield the game makers something? The fact that you guys are nuking cities to make space perhaps pushes others to pay who don't want to nuke their cities. I do like the team aspect of the FA, but not enough to nuke my city or buy badges. Anyone who wants to is of course is their choice and they are free to do that.

DeletedUser5976

Although layouts are discussed often in our fellowship, the aim is never to make space for FA. I guess we don't care much for the FA especially when prizes simply pale for the effort required to gain them. And the mind numbing clicking really makes me loose the will to live :p. So I rather spend my time on something that gives me more enjoyment. To each their own I say.

DeletedUser5754

There was exactly ONE Vallorian Guard, Augustus 2018, reward for finishing stage 1. Hardly an argument to defend the mindless clicking this threat is about.

m4rt1n

Adept
There was exactly ONE Vallorian Guard, Augustus 2018, reward for finishing stage 1. Hardly an argument to defend the mindless clicking this threat is about.

Mine is still in my city producing regular Vallorian Guards and I have over 10 squads of them regularly and very useful in some of the tournaments.

DeletedUser7733

So the way I see it, we can either support small changes and get some improvements or wait for a perfect solution that might not ever happen, doesn’t exist or takes too long to do. I really want the developers spent most of their time on new races :)

m4rt1n

Adept
So the way I see it, we can either support small changes and get some improvements or wait for a perfect solution that might not ever happen, doesn’t exist or takes too long to do. I really want the developers spent most of their time on new races :)

I agree, but at the end of the day it's all about feedback getting passed back to the developers and finally I feel this is happening on the forum now @Dizzy Lizzie has had an amazing promotion. :)

DeletedUser5754

Players feel obliged to help out the FS when doing FA and to avoid the mindless clicking they rather spent money.
No need to give feedback to the developers, it was designed that way.

DeletedUser6460

A promise to fix this issue was made but has not been delivered. Many many are in fs where participation is obligatory. People have left the game over this issue and no one likes these Adventures because of the clicking. These could be really fun if they did not involve mindless, time consuming clicking There is no good reason for not tackling this task and turning this into something good instead of drudgery . I hear people talk about dread and feel ill when they refer to these Adventures. This is a real problem.
If a fs allows for people to give these a miss - great but many do not. It is not easy to leave people you enjoy, and other elements which are highly rewarding.
And there is no reason why new chapters cannot be developed while a fix is developed. I am assuming there is more than 1 guy sitting at a master computer .
Again I ask PLEASE fix this and make these something we look forward to - instead of feeling misery

DeletedUser2838

The selecting of badges is a huge issue. This scrolling for badges has brought me to the brink of quitting this game entirely. It takes what should be fun into the realm of a nightmare. Those people that have space to make many badges are painfully punished by this scrolling endlessly. Any method of improving this mind numbing and time wasting process for people working to help their fellowship would be welcomed and applauded. Do you plan to fix this because I am seriously considering changing the way I spend my free time - which would not be here - buying diamonds to build my city

Elvenar This has been a strong perennial protest (many times by me). It is a rubbish system of collecting badges and the fact that the collecting boxes change position during declining an added annoyance. You have had plenty of suggestions of what is needed and you have had plenty of time to do something about it - and you have chosen to do nothing. It's like talking to a cantankerous pensioner, you are being difficult and awkward for no reason that I can see, other than you can be. What is your ridiculous excuse for doing nothing about this problem?
You require so many badges now that batch production is the norm for many players. Having it so that once a badge is collected you stay on the same badge rather than get moved on to the next one would be an enormous advance. Why do you want so many players of this game to dislike you?