• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Woodelvenstock Festival!

DeletedUser6743

no KP rewards other than AW KP?. i would rather advance the chapter than do ancient wonders :(
There's no room for all the T1 buildings required to do in one hit let alone AW space.:eek:
Looks like another waste of event time...little rewards for the time and space needed.:rolleyes:
I keep two of each non-boosted T1 manufactories at all times, so I'm always ready to do the events and contribute to all the fellowship adventures.
For KP, we have the tournament.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I keep two of each non-boosted T1 manufactories at all times, so I'm always ready to do the events and contribute to all the fellowship adventures.
For KP, we have the tournament.

well you are going to need about 12 more t1 manufactories to do the 10 x 1 day 12 x 9 14 x 3 hour later on in the event...:D

DeletedUser6743

Not really, you can collect them one at a time if needed.

But those quests are for the boosted T1, I think, of which I have 9.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here a thumbnail of the new chest values (they were changed today):

36869201_10212052157759867_4209411976960409600_n.jpg

Here is a link to the original full size image: https://tinyurl.com/yd7u7kpd

You are welcome to use and share this!

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Elvenargems does have the chest breakdown in the overview, percentages and whatnot.
Yep, but with the old chest format some players had posted on forums or on fan websites statistical calculations that included the ticket wins and so worked out the best way to spend your tickets. I guess its too early with this new format for that.

And yeah, it does seem the only way to get a fresh set of chests is to open one :(

cwgiii

Shaman
it does seem the only way to get a fresh set of chests is to open one

That was my understanding as well.

In Timon's video, I think I remember some verbiage mentioning the new randomness of the 9 chests adding a fun bit of chance (or something like that). If you could force a "re-spin" of the chests without opening them, then one could eventually pick the chest that they wanted to open every time, which would not really be random or by chance.

Thanks for all your work JackLuyt

Last edited by a moderator:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Thanks Jack, thats great. Previously with the old format though ticket wins were included and the cost of an item win calculated by some very kind people including those ticket wins.

Timneh

Artisan
But what I really don't like are the amounts of knowledge points we need to buy. Luckily the grand prizes are no longer 'grand' so that I've no reason to complete more than half of the quests. Buying 10 KP is acceptable- 36 is a bit on the high end, but 55 KP with the 19 KP for quest 99 is not even considerable.

I totally agree with you. There is no way i am going to buy 55 KP for an event where in my opinion the prizes are crappy. The good thing is it means i can just concentrate on getting my city through the chapter i am in and not need to worry about trying to finish the event in time.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The grand prizes are crappy, as they have been every event since they started with these set buildings. Not one of the sets they have yet come up with is worth anywhere near the space they take up.

The daily prizes however have some great buildings.

Timneh

Artisan
That might be the case but i am now bored of events, we have had so many thrown at us over the last 6 months or so and then there are the FAs as well. I just want to work on my city so to hell with events and FAs, i never did the last event i won't be doing this one and probably not the next one either.

cwgiii

Shaman
I just want to work on my city

As is totally your prerogative. I try to coach all of my fellows to "pick your battles". I try to focus on one or two goals at a time. I think a lot of folks like the variety of things to focus on between New Guest Race releases, but it can be overwhelming with sooo much happening at the same time. In the past, there were a lot of complaints that there was nothing to do in between these releases (people got bored with the wait). If you like something (i.e. an event), enjoy it. If you don't, pass it by. Just like building your city, all your choice: If you like something in particular, go for it (like Ancient Wonders). If not, skip it, delete it, etc. Choose what you want to do. There is no "Right" way to play. You can never have everything instantly in this game. Take your time, smell the roses, choose wisely.

DeletedUser6810

I seem to be missing something with the event. How do we get the building from the daily exclusive? I can't find them in the build menu ... my first chest had a building as a reward, I thought ... don't understand! Can someone enlighten me please?!

cwgiii

Shaman
How do we get the building from the daily exclusive?

I sometimes get confused as well. Which building did I just win, etc.... One tip that I use is, I look for the little icon in the enchantments menu that indicateds in which chapter the building was won. This helps me distinguish the newer ones from the older ones. Note: they are not located in the regular build menu. Won buildings take almost no time to place and do not require builders to activate. I imagine that is why they are with the spells and such.

If you still can't find it, you can always open a support ticket. They can help with your particular situation.

DeletedUser5037

This will be the first "major event" I have forgone in the two and a half years I have played this game! The initial three <200 population-per-square "grand prizes" are useless to me (like a number of established players, I have over four pages of unused buildings in my inventory!) Also, I have way too many "coins/supplies/time instants" in my "Enchant..." (yes, this still hasn't been fixed! Just change it back to "Spells" and be done with it) that I have no use for!
- All I want is the next guest race! -

I thank Inno for this "major event" as it looks like a LOT of thought and work was put into it, and I can see how a new player could gain a lot to progress their city, but... for me... it's too much work for too little reward!

Also, someone said cats for next guess race? I WILL quit if this is true! Dogs rule!

P.S. Please, don't ask me to join your FS! I won't even respond to your private mail! Save your time and look somewhere else for new members!
- Faldorin the FireGod!

Stucon

Illusionist
Hello Elves and people. How come some folks got a freebie via their email (100 tickets I believe) and others got nada? Hardly seems fair

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi Stucon. The offer goes to the email you have on file with Elvenar. Some folks access their account thru Facebook and if they have not taken the time and trouble to give Elvenar an email address there is nowhere they can receive the offer. They will also have a lot of trouble getting back into their account if they lose the device they use or have their Facebook hacked.
Second reason would be if they denied permission to Elvenar to send them emails under the advanced settings.

DeletedUser4003

Our grand events were good, so inno created set buildings.
Now they made it even worse with new chest opening system.
We had nice cities, they nerf our cities & promised new spell.

''Why worry about the new spell that we promised, if we can put some work to f-up the event even more.''

The worst part is that a toilet paper has more use than grand events nowdays....

Inno, stop torching chimpanzees, a project manager position is outside of any animal's comfort zone.

Last edited by a moderator: