• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Provinces

• Thread starter DeletedUser7039
  • Start date

DeletedUser7039

Is there anyway to make provinces easier?

Thanks for any help.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes, increase your squadsize through tech unlocks, but it is known to the developers that in the early chapters, the fights become so hard you need to negotiate.
The good news is things seem to balance better from chapter 5 onwards.
Also try and stay within the green zone when scouting, as if you scout too far, the provinces will become a lot more difficult to fight and use more goods to cater.

DeletedUser3097

Is there anyway to make provinces easier?

At the start of each new chapter, there is research called Advanced Scouts.
advanced scouts.png

Please read the screenshot below to see what it does.
advanced scouts 2.png

Once this is complete, it will reduce of costs of opening new provinces but it does not act retrospectively- so provinces already opened will not have their costs reduced.

It is good advice to avoid expanding the world map too fast. Once you reach the 11th ring, you have to pay orcs to open the province and you cannot produce these till Chapter VIII, Orcs and Goblins.

orcs 11th ring.png

Hope this helps and happy city building! :cool:

Deleted User - 384643

Also, if you like to compete in tournaments then Squad Size upgrades should be avoided as much as possible, meaning don't research any you don't have to.

cwgiii

Shaman
BUT, if you are a negotiator, instead of a fighter, then you want to NOT complete any of the optional squad size improvements in the knowledge tree. That will minimize the costs of negotiation.

DeletedUser6357

To take provinces with an army and battles is a bad decision if you want to participate fully in the weekly tournament - you can not build an army for both the provinces and the tournament.
That is why a strong economy is developing and the provinces are paid with resources.

Lelanya

Mentor
To take provinces with an army and battles is a bad decision if you want to participate fully in the weekly tournament - you can not build an army for both the provinces and the tournament.
That is why a strong economy is developing and the provinces are paid with resources.
I do both. On Holiday just lately but... I do both in both my cities - chasing 10 for over a year now :)