• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ask Timon and Rike! (Questions we'd like answered in the next Q&A)

DeletedUser3985

If you have questions to which you would like answers, you can post them on the Forums in this thread, and the Forum Moderator will pass your questions to them.
Can someone please ask Timon why we still don't have the option to use blueprints on event buildings almost a year after he announced it would be coming? Thanks.

Jackluyt

Shaman
YOUR CHANCE TO ASK THE DEVELOPERS A QUESTION!

There will be a live session on Tuesday 27 March at 5:30 German time (ECT) - which should be 11:30 a.m. EST, I imagine.
:)
You can click on the post here:https://www.facebook.com/elvenar to ask them to remind you when it starts.

5:30 German time (ECT) should be 11:30 a.m. EST.

29542570_10211413757160251_1469290685386088816_n.jpg

Here are a few questions I have stored up!

1. Squad size buy back

Hi!

I had been playing for more than a year before I discovered the price one pays for completing all the voluntary Squad Size increases on the Tech Tree. The more you accept, the stronger your armies in fights on the World Map - but the more expensive Tournament fighting and Catering becomes.
Eventually if you accept them all instead of declining, your performance in Tournaments gets worse and worse, becasue the really large numbers involved in fights and catering are unsustainable.

Would you please consider being kind to the Advanced Players who have made this mistake?
We were not warned!
Could you not allow us to use a Blueprint to undo those non-compulsory squad increase Technologies?
Or perhaps Diamonds?

I used to be in the top 20 in Tournaments; now with my enormous armies I struggle to make the top 100; I just can't make enough Goods and troops!

2. Joining the forum is difficult for many players

Hi!

Is it possible to look at the process for joining the Forums, to make it easier?
Many players are unable to do this, particularly the ones that play out of Facebook.
In my large Facebook group, a very high percentage have tried and given up after a few attempts.

3. Banner to add to buildings

Hi!
Here is an interesting idea that a member of our Facebook group came up with!
We know that you cannot allow Storage, and you explained that it will be difficult to have a storage museum for Event buildings - so when they grow obsolete we have to remove them and never see them again.

How about having a 'banner' or 'skin' for existing buildings as the event prizes?
Something to attach to an existing Culture building or Residence to make them more powerful by a certain percentage- and you would not lose it when you upgraded the building?

4. Gifting Diamonds

Hi!

We note that the policy regarding Diamonds is being relaxed and now one gains them on the tech tree, and you have an event building that makes them too!
In the last Q & A you said you would not give daily log-in Diamond awards as some other games do, which is a pity, because when you give away Diamonds, people have to spend them at the store. And that gets them into the habit of spending Diamonds which is what you would like, isn't it?
:)

I have noticed that there is a facility in the store for 'coupon code' to be entered - though you don't seem to use it much.
I would like to give gifts of Diamonds every week to my Facebook group as prizes in a competition.
Could you not make it possible for us to buy Diamonds as gifts?
It would be extra income for you!

5. Player migration

Hi!

Can you tell us what is happening with player migration?
More than a year ago we were told that inactive players would be gradually moved towards the outskirts of the Map, and newcomers would be moved towards the center - so we would all have more active neighbors.

This process seems to have stopped.
Are there plans to start doing this again, please?

6. A Store – to buy Orcs, goods etc.

Hi!

One of our Facebook group members asked if we could not have a game store where we could buy game items for real money. So if we needed a few materials or goods or Orcs, we could buy just as much as we need.

You would probably make a lot more income that way - because many players can't afford to buy massive packages of Diamonds!

7. Dedicated pre-planned Q & A session

Hi!

We have 'Ask Timon & Rike' threads on the EN, US and Beta Forums.
Over the years, there are scores of questions there, most of which have not featured in your Q & A sessions.
Would it not be possible to invite people to submit their questions in advance - so you would have time to prepare answers - and perhaps Rike might even make a graphic to explain some of them!

It would save a lot of time!
At present much of the Q&A sessions is wasted looking for a suitable question.

Thanks!!

8. Better Event prizes!

We really like the Wishing Well that features in the current Phoenix Event - the idea of having a mystery building that spits out random prizes is wonderful.
Sadly though, when you crunch the Math, the yield over the 100 day life of the building is not really worth the nine squares it occupies - for example, statistically it would yield 200 Diamonds in its lifespan - which you could buy for the price of a burger!

We also think that the set buildings are not really a nice prize for many players - the set is too big and makes city re-design very difficult, building around it.

How about having a REALLY good Mystery building as third prize? Something very difficult to obtain - but that would give wonderful prizes once a week or so?
Most of the time it would just give a few coins or supplies or small Instants - but occasionally it might spit out something truly awesome - like winning the Lotto.

Many players would die to gain a prize like that!

DeletedUser441

I'm in S & D chapter and the production levels of the daily prize buildings in the events are so poor that I would not even consider trying to get them . eg 2300 supplies every 95 hours. Pathetic ! :(:rolleyes: Same with the "Grand Prizes".

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 384643

I'm in S & D chapter and the production levels of the daily prize buildings in the events are so poor that I would not even consider trying to get them . eg 2300 kp every 95 hours. Pathetic ! :(:rolleyes: Same with the "Grand Prizes".
I would love a building that gives me 2300 kp every 95 hours! :p

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks for the questions. I've written them down and I'm sure that we can answer at least a couple of them in today's Q&A! :)

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is an edited video of the Live Q & A with all the important topics - for those who do not have the time to watch the full session!

Here are the topics covered, with Time-stamps
1. The Easter Set - more Double Feather Days this time too! 0:20
2. Changes to the Knowledge Point Awards in Tournaments 0:52
3. The possibility of more than one city 2:04
4. The Wishing Well – it will come one more time 2:32
5. A 'trophy case' for buildings you no longer need 4:06
6. The new Community based building 5:56
7. Would you like to see more information about the Event buildings in the in-game News window? 7:29
8. Comments 8:14

DeletedUser702

SPECIALS: I do or did buy diamonds when specials where on sale.
However the latest one don't look like special to me, like this one:
$79.99 = 8020 + 37% = 11000 diamonds.
If I remember correctly 11000 used to be the normal amount before!
Correct me if wrong,however in the mean time 1 diamond buyer lost!!
Looks like the US dollar is not what it used to be!
Or Inno got even more greedy than what it used to be!!! o_O:rolleyes:

Jackluyt

Shaman
Can we have a pop up a few minutes before an update? So we can save our work?

Michael Pearce asked this in the Facebook group:

It would be nice in Elvenar to have an update incoming countdown timer.
I was mid fight in the tournament when it cut me off, I'm sure it will be fine, but if I had known, I would not have started.

I quite agree with Michael!
A pop up would be great!!
The other evening I was typing a long letter for the fellowship explaining our Tournament strategy - and the daily update reset my city and I lost the lot!

DeletedUser3542

The other evening I was typing a long letter for the fellowship explaining our Tournament strategy - and the daily update reset my city and I lost the lot!

Nasty thing to happen, that's why i type any long message out in a text document and after proof reading it i copy and paste it into the mail box here.. ;)

Jackluyt

Shaman
There will be a Q&A session on Facebook at 5:30 pm CEST.
If you have questions you would like answered, you can post them in this thread for consideration.

39821247_10212321785140383_5498161152288358400_n.jpg

Timneh

Artisan
We are still waiting for them to tell us when we will be getting increased broken shards storage so it might be good if someone asked them that. I can't do it as i don't have facebook.

DeletedUser5976

Also would be nice to know whether they could give us a road map or something like that, which they can update in regular intervals of their choice.

Killiak

Artisan
I got a few;
- Royal Restoration spell
- Broken shard storage
- Province Expansion cap from the map
- The crazy increase in diamond costs for everything.

Make them sweat a little over promises they have yet to uphold instead of just letting them jammer on about new promises and plans.

DeletedUser3366

Dear Horrible Harry.

Yes. The moon really is made of blue cheese. I think it is the optical illusion that have confused you.

The blue parts of the moon is ordered in circular patterns, and astronomers call them 'crater walls'. That is silly as there are no volcanoes on the moon.

What happened was that the moon moles wanted to get rid of the cheese they were digging. Moon moles are quite artistic so they spread the white parts of the cheese evenly; but not the bluish areas in the cheese. They used those to draw intricate circles all over the surface of the moon.

blue-cheese-stock.jpg

Just cut the moon in half then you can look at the inside of the cut and see that the blue areas are just as disordered an random as in any other blue cheese.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks for the questions! If you have more please let us know so that we can try and answer them later today :)

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Thanks for the questions! If you have more please let us know so that we can try and answer them later today :)

theres a few things id like to know:
1 is the spell of restoration coming soon, or shouldnt we expect it anymore in 2018 (im waiting to upgrade my magical residences because i want to save my blueprints for event buildings)
2 province expansions, are we ever gonna get extra, and if yes, can we expect them in the next GR, the one after that?
3 mobile seems almost up to date with full game, when can we expect it to be fully finished? (donating in other players wonders/ neighbourly help chests/ visiting other players citys)
4 i see someone mentions squad size buyback, im also very interested in this, or just leave those optional SS out of the calculations for tournament would be fine too. Its becoming more and more a handicap

Jackluyt

Shaman
Yes indeed!

Is there any way that the design team would consider letting us use Blueprints to buy back squad size upgrades that we ought to have left (the voluntary ones)?

Perhaps with blueprints??
Or even Diamonds?
As a once-off offer maybe...

My Tournament performance has sunk alarmingly in Chapter XII - I can't make enough goods or units any more; my big squad size is killing me!!!