• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Change the way settlement resources are spent to unlock techs

DeletedUser3451

Currently the only way to spend any resources, including settlement ones for unlocking techs is to have collected the needed amount all in the same time and then spend them through the "Activate" button. This fits greatly to the concept of progressing through guest races according to given quests, but has intended (I guess) limitations especially in the part where settlement resources are spent. For some techs the amount of settlement resources needed for activation are achievable only through high upgrades of portals/respective buildings. The story quests for each chapter usually also demand upgrading settlement buildings, including portals.

However, it's obvious alot of people disregard quests, which brought the change in quests that now allows us to abandon a certain chapter quests once we progress into the next chapter. Many of those who abandoned those quests did so because of lack of space to fit and upgrade the required numbers of buildings, others i guess just didn't cared for them.

So my suggestion is to allow players to spend settlement resources for tech activation in another way - by letting us deposit some of them for the activation in parts, or all at once as we see fit. It can be achieved by a simple pop-up asking how many resources we want to place in, saving the amounts we have already placed, and deducting them from our current balance.Something similar to the way resources are placed for unlocking checkpoints in FA for an example.

I know this contradicts the idea of storage limits in portals, but in the same time it also gives flexibility to players to follow their own play style. Some of us will still upgrade in order to progress faster, but those that don't have the space/will/desire to progress faster, and prefer to progress slowly will not be forced to upgrade buildings for the sole reason of storage.

I'll give an example. S&D chapter. In order to research residences i should have Campus at lvl2. and this is fairly early into the chapter. Upgrading will take spacewhich I don't have still But even if I had it, why should i be forced to upgrade the settlement? I have the option to abandon the quests and progress without them. I should be able to progress without upgrading also, especially if the only other benefit I would get is faster/bigger production of goods - while i prefer slow progression anyway.

It would not give "a way to cheat" the quest system and it would not give any unfair advantage, but would give players the option to chose their own progression pace and not force them into playing in a certain way.

All in all, such a change would only make the game more enjoyable for some players, while it'd not change anything for the rest, except for just a couple of clicks more when activating techs.

This concerns only the way Settlement goods are spent and has nothing to do with other resources. I do not suggest making same changes for any other resource since they do not have a storage limit