• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

'Holding place'

• Thread starter DeletedUser6920
  • Start date

DeletedUser6920

In need of moving around my city to make more room but I'm unable to do so because I do not have extra space to do that.

I think it would be convenient to have the ability to place buildings that have already been upgraded into an inventory or holding space of sorts and having the flexibility to moves those as needed.

I have considered multiple times quitting because I become so frustrated with my city being jumbed and unorganized due to lack of space for goods or the inability to change it.

Lelanya

Mentor
Sorry Neverland
This has been suggested many times but the answer is 'No' :(
It is a city spacing game and that is the biggest challenge
Keep a cheap road that you can sell to use when doing city Tetris and, whenever you unlock a new space, do a lot of shuffling. You will get really good at this.
For extra help go to ElvenStats and use this to import your city to Elven Architect and start planning your next move. You will need to arrange to save the site reference tho

cwgiii

Shaman
Another suggestion is to create this space for yourself. It is extremely tempting to fill every space instantly with the next thing on your list (or Inno's). However, if you can resist, you can do this on your own. A bit of self restraint can go a long way and really benefit your city, in the long run, by providing just this functionality. Inno basically "trains" us to do this by requiring us to reserve space for the guest races. Just think about doing this for other items in the future.

Lelanya

Mentor
In need of moving around my city to make more room but I'm unable to do so because I do not have extra space to do that.

I think it would be convenient to have the ability to place buildings that have already been upgraded into an inventory or holding space of sorts and having the flexibility to moves those as needed.

I have considered multiple times quitting because I become so frustrated with my city being jumbed and unorganized due to lack of space for goods or the inability to change it.
Do not quit. I will look you up when I am next on a desktop and write you with specific suggestions . To save time look me up pls and drop me a line :)

DeletedUser2114

Please don't quit because of this. As frustrating as it seems it is something we all face and just another aspect of the game. As was said above by Lel :) and Cwgiiiii there are ways to overcome this. I'm a big fan of using Elven architect to determine my next stage. Its an easy enough tool to use once you get the hang of it. I think Lelanya said she was going to link you the site. Another tip and something I do is if you have an expansion coming up in the tree and when you place it, before you start using it for buildings you can use it as an extra space to place stuff while you move buildings around.