• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Chatroom not working

Alcaro

Necromancer
Hi there,

I can't believe that nobody posted about this issue yet.

From last upgrade the chat room doesn't load properly, getting the message "could not establish chat connection" and after that, you can see the chat but actually it doesn't work, you can't post and you can't see if someone else is posting, unless you reload the page.

This problem I have it in En1 and En2 only, because in Beta all works smooth. I tried to open the game with FF and Chrome, but the same ^%##$ happens in both browsers. :mad: Also, is not just me, both FSs are experiencing this problem.

Is there a chance that this problem is solved any time soon ... like tomorrow? :rolleyes: I honestly hate to have to reload the page every 5 minutes just to have a normal conversation with my fellows.

cwgiii

Shaman
This issue has been posted earlier and is being worked on. I believe I saw that the solution was not going to be easy and might take some time. You might get better information from a support ticket though.

DeletedUser3097

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are aware that the chat isn't functioning perfectly at the moment (to put it mildly), and are working on solutions for this. Unfortunately they're not so easy, so it'll take a bit of time. We can only ask for your patience while we're resolving the problems!

Hi @Alcaro,

There is a thread about it- in the Archive Bugs Forum. This is the reply given by @Muf-Muf. If you wish to read the rest of the thread please click on the quote.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Hi @Alcaro,

There is a thread about it- in the Archive Bugs Forum. This is the reply given by @Muf-Muf. If you wish to read the rest of the thread please click on the quote.

Thank you Lizzie for your reply.

What I can't understand is why was archived that thread if the problem persists and was not resolved. :oops:

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
It seems to be working better today but we will have to see how it goes. :)

DeletedUser3337

Ow hmm, still acting a bit weird over here.
Ah well. Will try to be patient :)

Alcaro

Necromancer
just look on Face Book groups ... this illness is spreading fast. I saw comments about NL, IT, US servers too

m4rt1n

Adept
Completely broken again, I am now fed up of typing out, for it then not to post.

It alone is spoiling my fun of the game as it is ruining my interaction with my fellows. :(:mad:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
It is indeed the most annoying bug I have had to live with since I started playing this game.

10, 15, 20 refreshes a day? I lose count.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4148

Most annoying thing is - you post one quick test message fine and you think you are ok. Then you post a long spiel and it gets lost. This is so frustrating...

cwgiii

Shaman
And will certainly impact coordination within the fellowship during events, tournaments, FAs etc.
, if not corrected.

DeletedUser3097

Please note this reply from @Muf-Muf,

We're aware that the chat services are currently not running to the level of quality we would like to see (it's on and off a lot lately), and we are working hard on resolving that. Unfortunately, it does take time for us to do this, since fixing these issues is not an easy or even small task. We're sorry for the inconvenience this is causing, and we know how important the chat is to our Fellowships, and we want to resolve the problems we're having as well. But, we also want to provide you with the best possible solution, meaning we'd rather do it well than just rush out some dirty or hacky quick fix that may cause more problems in the long run.

We ask for your understanding while we're working on resolving these issues, and thank you for patience. You can be sure that this issue has priority for us. :)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Well, chat has gone from intermittent problems usually cured by a refresh to 100% down on EN2. After 10 refreshes without a chat connection I give in.

Annah

Alchemist
yep ... refresh used to fix it now nothing fixes it and game crashes with stream errors and updates so often I'm dizzy! members are just logging off now