• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Browser crashing intermittently, but repeatedly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3798

I find Elvenar crashes when I'm transitioning between screens. It happens mostly when I'm jumping between different players to 'Help' - I just get a blank screen and have to refresh. This is intermittent, I can transition screens 6 or more times happily but eventually it will just fail.

My machine is a fairly new desktop with Win10 so it should be fast enough for a browser-based game. I'm using IE11, and I know it's not everyone's favourite browser, but as one of the most commonly used, I'm assuming that shouldn't be the issue. Any guidance/suggestions appreciated.

DeletedUser3097

I find Elvenar crashes when I'm transitioning between screens. It happens mostly when I'm jumping between different players to 'Help' - I just get a blank screen and have to refresh. This is intermittent, I can transition screens 6 or more times happily but eventually it will just fail.

My machine is a fairly new desktop with Win10 so it should be fast enough for a browser-based game. I'm using IE11, and I know it's not everyone's favourite browser, but as one of the most commonly used, I'm assuming that shouldn't be the issue. Any guidance/suggestions appreciated.

Please put a ticket into Support- there's a team of people waiting there ready to help you! :cool:

firerock

Enchanter
this is a bug its been happening less before the last update, but the current one its happening every 6-8 visits using IE11, I used Chrome and had a flash crash too. The last time I raised it it was closed by a mod. Its there, use IE11, just swap between a number of cities, and you'll get it within 6 to 8 visits.
Last time we had these at this level was when the game was first released and it wasn't releasing memory.

m4rt1n

Adept
I use Firefox with all the latest updates and don't experience this problem on PC, however I find the app crashes a couple of times when doing my neighbourly help.

DeletedUser3798

Still happening here too - crashed twice already this morning...

DeletedUser3798

Please put a ticket into Support- there's a team of people waiting there ready to help you! :cool:

Apologies - only just realised you gave me a link to Support so have raised a ticket now. Insufficient coffee yet today... Or I'm an idiot... :) Whatever...

DeletedUser3337

I was not able to do visits for a long time without crashing, tried all possible options to solve but nothing worked.
Turned out my router was old school and needed a new one.

Btw I adore your profile picture, mcelf ♥

Annah

Alchemist
I am having continual stream errors now and crashing all morning so giving it up as a bad job! No chat for members... just a sorry mess basically!

DeletedUser3798

I was not able to do visits for a long time without crashing, tried all possible options to solve but nothing worked.
Turned out my router was old school and needed a new one.

Btw I adore your profile picture, mcelf ♥
I was rummaging through my pictures folder and found it, no idea where I got it from!

What I've done now is to run Elvenar in Edge rather than IE11 as it's already on my Win10 machine and quicker than faffing about with anything else... So far no problems..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3798

Not happy you deleted my reply from Support that I tried to share on the forum as it was "confidential". All I was trying to do was share some fairly generic info about browsers so I think that was unnecessary... This is not encouraging me to continue with the game...

DeletedUser3337

Don't let that bring you down.
I found the info very interesting, maybe you can adjust it, paste the info as a tip but do not paste the complete support ticket, it is against the rules and we have many many many rules here, how to behave, most kosher forum of the world :)

DeletedUser3798

Don't let that bring you down.
I found the info very interesting, maybe you can adjust it, paste the info as a tip but do not paste the complete support ticket, it is against the rules and we have many many many rules here, how to behave, most kosher forum of the world :)

I genuinely don't see me hanging around much longer with a clunky game that crashes in IE11 or Edge, and with moderators acting as censors... Where's the fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.