• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Tale of Robert Redbeard

DeletedUser3466

And some players ( like myself) will not finish the event because they will not do the quest that ask to buy Knowledge Points ( again ). Each of those event have a quest that ask to buy kp. At some point this become very, very expensive and the final prize is simply not worth it.
And all the more galling AFTER you have to spend x number of KP!!!!!

DeletedUser5610

If you can mix these link building from different events then it may pan out.

DeletedUser5319

The link bonusses are a joke... I have the whole winter set and i plan on selling them as soon as i unlock the Temple of ages as they give more culture and i can easily get more supplies and coins xd and i never needed 79 marble and steel every 24 hours i have over 15k of each

DeletedUser3466

...aaaaaand just at the end with 40 mins to go - collect 20 relics - Oh bother.

and the disappointing end to yet another quest line... no point in attempting round 2 - devs can stuff it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2214

Missed by a few Relics...... Time after time with these events, if your a higher level you need to have scouted but not completed several provinces just to be able to complete these quest lines. I think some thought needs to be given to how these are balanced by progress (40 hours a scout X 3 Provence for 20 Relics = 120 Hours in my case!!!) That crushes day to day progression if I want to compete.

I know the developers would like me to drop some cash to finish that last quest, but honestly, for the quality of the prizes normally on offer in these quest lines, even if I spent the cash I would more than likely buy something else in game instead.

Killiak

Artisan
Yeah, planning ahead a little will get you past the quests a little faster. Then you can get your relics through the tournament. Nothing you can do about the "solve X encounters" quests though.

Which, by the way, is something we have been telling Inno for a good long time already. These single type of requirement quests mean that NOT all your players can join or finish the event. It would be LOVELY if our feedback is not only heard, but also acted upon, right @Muf-Muf?

cwgiii

Shaman
Time after time with these events, if your a higher level you need to have scouted but not completed several provinces just to be able to complete these quest lines.

This is A correct strategy to proceed with on a regular basis (IMHO). This way you maximize flexibility. I continually scout on the world map but do not solve those encounters until absolutely necessary for the next scouting or absolutely needed for a quest. This leaves plenty of encounters to solve event quests quickly (for solved encounters, completed provinces, KPs (if not bought or obtained by other means), and relics (if not obtained in tournaments or other means). I solve these encounters as a last resort measure.

I know it initially seems counter intuitive (like for us Virgos that thrive on completing things in order). But, it soon becomes the new normal in practice.

I even keep track (spreadsheet) of the individual requirements to complete these encounters so I can tailor my strategy based on available resources at any given time (goods, orcs, gold).

DeletedUser1757

I'm disappointed in not getting to complete part two of this quest line. I spent untold resources until I got to the research one technology or upgrade one building to level 16 step. That means getting to the Dwarven technologies. I just ran out of time and resources. Would have been cool to see how the story ended, though.

DeletedUser1414

am not even doing the second part total waste of time and my scouting period is over 70 odd hrs so forget it, I have no buildings to upgrade and sick and tired of wasting time puttin in new ones to upgrade.

m4rt1n

Adept
I completed Part 2 last night, easier than Part 1, as I didn't need to scout anything. :)

DeletedUser4100

I tried both events and could not finish either. I felt very disappointed and probably will consider not putting the time into the next one. Just work on moving through the levels and extending my city.

cwgiii

Shaman
I tried both events and could not finish either. I felt very disappointed and probably will consider not putting the time into the next one. Just work on moving through the levels and extending my city.

Very valid position. And I actually think that this is one of the intentions of the Dev team. I do not think that every player is intended to complete every possible task throughout the game (especially at any particular level of progression). I might be wrong. In any case, choose your battles carefully (IMHO).

DeletedUser5678

I've only been playing Elvenar for two months (currently in Chapter IV), but I've more or less enjoyed the events so far. As a newbie, I'm less concerned about the space/production value of these new buildings as I am about the challenge of completing the quests and winning some cool little novelties. I'll admit, I have no real concept of how challenging (or frustrating) these quests might be for somebody who's already well-advanced into the game. My experience has simply been, where there's a will there's a way. Following along has forced me to think outside the box to achieve various goals, while hopefully improving myself as a player along the way.

It sounds as if having the basic motivation to participate in an event and see it through is part of the issue, here. I don't know what it would be like to become emotionally invested enough in a game, that the introduction of a new storyline would provoke such volatile reactions from some people. Yet there they are, amidst four pages of posts on this topic, lol. Sorry, but it just doesn't seem as if anything like this should ever stress a player out...games are supposed to be fun, right? In the spirit of sharing something constructive, I will say that the https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/ website has been an invaluable resource for tackling events, tourneys, & all kinds of other stuff. Having access to the full quest list for Robert Redbeard Part II, was for me the key to effective planning and multitasking. Otherwise, there's no way on earth that I could've run through all 26 quests in the 5 1/2 days allotted. BTW, what was up with that? A full week would've been nice, like we had for Part I...