• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Serious lagging when writing messages

DeletedUser4503

I use Microsoft Edge but for at least a week now it's been almost impossible to write messages or post in chat due to a serious delay when typing - there is at least a 15 second delay between typing & it appearing in the box.

This is happening in Felyndral all the time

DeletedUser4503

Everything worked fine until the latest Windows 10 update but Microsoft says their update shouldn't have made any difference - any suggestions ?

DeletedUser702

You can't blame MS for lags! This would be Internet, Server, FLASH and Hardware.
Think older computers would have a hard time keeping up ;)

DeletedUser4503

You can't blame MS for lags! This would be Internet, Server, FLASH and Hardware.
My internet speed is 52mb/s, my flash is up to date as is my hard ware - the game works fine on Chrome so the problem is on Edge ?

DeletedUser3542

Microsoft says their update shouldn't have made any difference
The trouble with microsoft updates and anything new they release is they cannot test them properly there is just so much their team to go through and test so they use the general public as free testers and sit back and wait for the complaints and questions to roll in then the testing team know which areas of code to take a closer look at, one reason i never, ever download new updates ect till they have been out a while and they have had the chance to fix the problems.. you could clear your computer cache and the flash cache too see if that helps any.. good luck with it.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I had the same problem on a computer with low memory amount... with same browser and flash version, if you have 2GB or less memory, the typing in chat or mail can be slowed because the game requires too much memory and your Harddrive starts to swap memory pages continuously...
1. You mostly never have to upgrade your windows to the last version on an old computer or you must first add some memory : the computers are generally balanced according to what the operating systems of the moment and the programs are requiring...
2. You can remove any resident gadgets or stop other running programs to save your memory and uninstall any driver autoupgrading programs... set all upgrading programs on "on demand", even windows, browser & flash ones and just check them manually 4 times a year.
3. The best (and easiest) way to have a fast computer is to reinstall it every 2-3 years from the original operating system CD/DVD after copying all your documents to USB keys or disks...

My internet speed is 52mb/s, my flash is up to date as is my hard ware - the game works fine on Chrome so the problem is on Edge ?
Yes, any Microsoft browser, IE or Edge could be a problem... try 3rd tier like Firefox or chrome instead
Am having the same problem with Firefox and Edge.
Chrome though - no problem.
Chrome is based on Firefox but is lighter because has less tools (some parts skipped)... that means you're short on memory and using Chrome keeps you just under the moment your computer needs to swap memory pages on the disk to feed the game hungryness...
Yes you can, as Poacher said, MS is using us as testers, some MS upgrades can degrade or bug your computer performances, I encountered a MS driver upgrade that causes blue screens on Windows 2K even... You'd generally better wait for Services Packs, that are stable upgrades bunches, before to upgrade your system... And use restoration points before any upgrade so you can roll back if your computer performances are worse after upgrading... But I agree upon the "older computer" thing ;) (see main paragraph above)

Last edited:

DeletedUser219

Unfortunately, with Windows 10 you cannot choose when you get updates, so you get problems when MS feels you should.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
I use Microsoft Edge but for at least a week now it's been almost impossible to write messages or post in chat due to a serious delay when typing - there is at least a 15 second delay between typing & it appearing in the box.

This is happening in Felyndral all the time
This is happening in En Arendyll also or it just doesn't load with Google Browser