• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Two mandatory quests at the same time

DeletedUser235

*UPDATED 18 oct*

I'm stuck with two mandatory quests that I cannot finish quickly, before it used to be one mandatory and one repeatable quests line.

With 9 workshops, with my work, I can only schedule 2 x 9-hour and 1 x 3-hour productions per day. I can only produce 65k, while I need 330k each day.

WHAT? 330k? Are you mad? Nope, I need:

Total of supplies needed just for manufactories: 189k
6 x 10k supplies for 9-hour production of 3rd tier manus: 60k x 2 = 120k
6 x 5k supplies for 3-hour production of 3rd tier manus: 30k x 1 = 30k
6 x 2k supplies for 9-hour production of 2nd tier manus: 12k x 2 = 24k
6 x 1k supplies for 3-hour production of 2nd tier manus: 6k x 1 = 6k
12 x 300 supplies for 9-hour 1st tier manus: 3.6k x 2 = 7.2k
12 x 150 supplies for 3-hour production of 1st tie rmanus: 1.8k x 1 = 1.8k

Total for troops: 66k
24 training slots per day = 2,750 supplies each slot = 66k of supplies

Total for daily upgrades: 30-50k

Supplies needed per day: 305k of supplies.

And I need to accumulate supplies for techs. For example, Dwarven Workshops = 70k of supplies. So, I figure I need to accumulate another 25k per day for techs.

In total, I need to produce at least 330k of supplies each day.

With 9 workshops, I can only produce 65k. Even if I had no life and no work and I was using the 1-hour production often, I would fall short.

9 x 828 supplies x 15 hours = 111k + 9 x 2750 supplies (gotta sleep sometimes) 25k = 136k, not even half than what I need, but I wouldn't be able to play cuz I wouldn't have enough money to pay for my Internet access, cuz I would be out of work. ;-)

Without RQs, I would need 46 workshops to have 290k of supplies per day with my schedule of play.

46? Yes. Simple rule of 3: 9 workshops = 65k, how many workshops for 330k? 45.7 workshops.

"You have too many manufactories!"

Really? Six 3rd tier and six 2nd tier is too many? Even if I remove all my manufactories, I don't produce enough for troops, upgrades or techs.

Even if I double my workshops to 18, I would produce only 1/3 of what I need each day. Even if I triple my workshops, that would give me barely a bit over half what I need.

Plus, these mandatory quests are forcing me to put KPs in techs I did not intend to research in the order the game is asking me. The game is asking me to research Dwarven Style Marble and Dwarven Style Workshop.

1- My 1st tier is Steel, not marble. Why make it mandatory? I intended to research it after Steel and Dwarven Barracks. Now I have to research it first.

2- I was going for Expansion 21 and Expansion 23 before going for Workshop, now I have to go for Workshop.

3- I don't like the game forcing me to play this way.

Simply fix it and only allow one mandatory quest at the same time, or add a 3rd quest line, like in Forge of Empires, where we have more than 2 quest lines.

upload_2015-10-16_22-8-21.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Recksters.

It is possible to have two mandatory quests running at the same time. Quests are not "hard coded" in the way that one receives them. All of them have various requirements and you get the quests for which you meet the requirement based on your overall game progress and which quests you have completed previously. Thus once you complete one of the storyline quests, you'll likely go back to having one story questline and one questgiver giving you "common" declinable quests.

Regarding the quests requiring you to research something, those come in a certain line, as the game cannot know what you plan to research. For most of the research tree, because of the way the tree is structured, these quests will match what you're currently researching or about to researching. But in situations like the one you present it is possible that your goal and the requirement from the quest will not match. At a point like that it would be your choice whether it's better to continue your path or work on the quest first.

Your suggestion does sound good, but that would be more suitable for the Ideas & Suggestions section.

DeletedUser235

I'm sorry, but something changed, I never had only mandatory quest lines, I always had at least one Repeatable Quests line. It's heavily impacting how I play, to say the least. Please fix this.

DeletedUser235

Original post updated with more precise calculations.

DeletedUser7

I am not saying that this is something that should have happened before, but it is possible for it to happen. I have had two storylines quests at the same time. It all depends on which requirements you meet quests-wise. Eventually one of them will be completed and you'll start receiving repeatable quests again, if that has not happened yet.

DeletedUser235

I understand, but it's a major issue in the game. Supplies production is not balanced and getting no RQ line is a major issue.

DeletedUser66

I don't quite understand what is happening here.

I have never liked the repeatable quest system, I don't think it should have been released like was because it was exploitable. But removing it from the game after players have adapted their playstyle to it will just create an uproar - like we recently saw with the recent changes that was on beta and never came to the live worlds due to the feedback.

So after all that, the quests were rebalanced instead and leaving us with a repeatable quest system. Now you research granite mines (I think it is) and the repeatable quests get replaced with another main questline from the dwarves. It's like the full dwarf quest line was split into two on purpose so the repeatables could be temporary removed.

I can understand where Recksters is coming from, he has adapted his playstyle using the RQs and now they have been removed. He is in the top 5 which has been playing here for a very long time. I don't think he wants to sit and do 5 minute supply jobs all the time just to get his supplies up. That's for the low level players still new to the game constantly sitting online. For the older players, we don't sit online all the time. Call it a short cut since I use workshops on 3 hours to coincide with my manufactories. And I do this because I don't sit online in Elvenar as much as I once did when I first started. My building time and my scout time has been increased quite a bit so I do not need to sit here constantly playing. And I'm certainly not going to sit here doing 5 minute supply jobs just to keep my supply stock up.

I see a lot of the rewards from the dwarf quests are supplies, very small amounts too. It can take days to finish a research and get the building up to get that reward.

The supply currency in this game is bit weak to maintain your city comfortably. It either takes too long, or too much effort to get supplies so late in the game that's going to cause everything to be on a standstill. Yes I know, I can build more workshops, and I can do the lower category time slots to get more value for my time - no motivation to do this though.

DeletedUser235

I agree DT, but the game is not balanced. Balance the game without RQs before killing them. Then if you can have a self sustaining city without RQs, then you can nerf the RQs.

All the secondary quests are bogus, I decline them all the time cuz we can get more from RQs.

All mandatory quests are bogus like secondary quests, but they are also troublesome, as they prevent RQs.

Without RQs, I need 46 workshops to fix my daily supplies needs. Imagine that in a city for a second.

But they are stubborn about nerfing the RQs before fixing the balance of the game.

Look at my city, is it normal to have so many residences? I think not.

It's difficult to produce 10 times less supplies than coins, it's more like 2%, but the game is geared 10 to 1 in almost everything. For a city like mine to produce supplies equivalent to 10% of what I produce in coins, I need 46-47 workshops. Doh.

It's not difficult to balance the game, look at the coins production per square and have the supplies production per square to be 1/10 of the coins over the same time.

Before Dwarven upgrades, I had 68 residences at level 15, it means 612 squares, I should need 61 squares of workshops, but I had 108 and instead I need 540 squares of workshops at level 15 to produce the supplies I need without RQs. That's the problem.

Make the workshops produce the same per square as residences for the same period of time as residences, like this we can allocate 10% of the squares to our workshops so we can produce 10% of the supplies vs our coins production.

DeletedUser7

We understand the situation, though it is not a bug and we cannot treat it as one. But we will review the cases where such questlines appear together more closely and we will pass along this as feedback.