• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Behind the Scenes: Elvenar goes Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser414

Doing a full round of Helping for my discovered area and Guild is already a time consuming and tedious process. Can't imagine doing it on a touch screen. Surely someone has suggested big changes to the entire process and everything it might involve but on a smaller scale:

why is it necessary to scour the visited town for the gifts, why couldn't they just appear in my own town where i can open them and discover what i got in peace when i'm not in the middle of getting through something really annoying.

why is there no toggle for turning off the confirmation screen for declining a recurring Quest and why do the avatars for Quest givers switch from top to bottom-bottom to top. Under the current system i need to several clicks in several areas of the screen in order to cycle from one Quest to the next, never mind getting back to the desired Quest.

These small issues make it really bothersome to mentally automate the entire process.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks for your feedback! For the way neighborly help is done in the app we are currently in the process of designing it. We can already share that we have similar concerns that you mentioned here, @Shatterhand, and we are looking at what we can do to improve on our current system. We don't want to stray too far away from what we currently have, but we are definitely looking into this. This goes for visiting, but also for the treasures you can find with the neighborly help. We realize that this can be quite a different experience between playing from browser and from mobile.

About the quests, we currently have no plans to make the way to decline quests different from the browser version in the app. And we can also explain the "switching" of the portraits: the quests are sorted by their ID number as in our code. Especially the repeatable quests can -therefore- cause this switching, because they are basically looping a series of quests, some of which will have lower ID numbers than your current story quest, and some of which will have a higher one. So, while that doesn't resolve the annoyance you described, it does perhaps explain why it happens in the first place. :)

DeletedUser414

Thanks for your feedback! For the way neighborly help is done in the app we are currently in the process of designing it. We can already share that we have similar concerns that you mentioned here, @Shatterhand, and we are looking at what we can do to improve on our current system. We don't want to stray too far away from what we currently have, but we are definitely looking into this. This goes for visiting, but also for the treasures you can find with the neighborly help. We realize that this can be quite a different experience between playing from browser and from mobile.

About the quests, we currently have no plans to make the way to decline quests different from the browser version in the app. And we can also explain the "switching" of the portraits: the quests are sorted by their ID number as in our code. Especially the repeatable quests can -therefore- cause this switching, because they are basically looping a series of quests, some of which will have lower ID numbers than your current story quest, and some of which will have a higher one. So, while that doesn't resolve the annoyance you described, it does perhaps explain why it happens in the first place. :)

I just hope that in some way at some point this will get resolved. The income from the activity is too good to say no to and if i'm not mistaken then the Lighthouse (AW) is directly tied to this activity too.

DeletedUser3466

7a8YmqM_d.jpg

Not sure what's going on with the tabs here and no idea how to report it

Nymis

Alchemist
Omg!!! Soooo excited for this!!! Very happy so far ^_^

Quick question though, how do you want us to report things if any? Here or via the app support button or other?

DeletedUser3097

Any problems with your account, please use the app support button but any comments or suggestions can be posted on this thread.

DeletedUser487

One thing I've noticed is that you can't click on the barracks when you are producing troops. Dunno if there is a place to post bugs for the app.

Jedicris

Adventurer
Like the App so far.
I have just one grumble, it works fine on my Samsung Galaxy A3 smartphone but won't run on my Galaxy Tab3 tablet or on my wife's Tab A. Both have android 4.4.2. Also not on my Yuntab K107 with android 5.1.
Game starts to load, gets to 8/15 and then flips back to widget screen.

Have now managed to solve this on my TAB 3 "by booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition".
Game now running.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1614

1 problem with app .

If by mistake you press new player instead of login you need to do introduction as beginner because is no exist the back button just choose race.

Even if you choose race is impossible to go into setting and logout as new player to login to main account because learning introduction wont let you go and it is annoying

Jedicris

Adventurer
Like the App so far.
I have just one grumble, it works fine on my Samsung Galaxy A3 smartphone but won't run on my Galaxy Tab3 tablet or on my wife's Tab A. Both have android 4.4.2. Also not on my Yuntab K107 with android 5.1.
Game starts to load, gets to 8/15 and then flips back to widget screen.

Have now managed to solve this on my TAB 3 "by booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition".
Game now running.

Fix only worked once, now not working again.

DeletedUser3466

So far I am finding the mobile game a good way to stay on top of production but miss my fellowship.

Will there be an announcement before the new changes or will the updates be implemented without any fanfare?

I noticed there are 24 items loaded on the pc version, is the idea to work up from the current 16?

Thanx :)

DeletedUser171

I am in Australia, I have never had a problem before downloading apps from googleplay. However I can't download the app due to being in Australia, what the!? You guys do realise we share the same queen right? When will this be fixed? I play all my games via tablet. This was one of the main reasons why I left this game. I also play FOE on tablet.

DeletedUser3781

Mate, the app is in the testing stage and it's only available in UK just temporarily, I don't think the queen has anything to do with this.
But you can play the PC version on tablet if you use the Puffin browser. It's not very comfortable but works for me when I'm on the go.

m4rt1n

Adept
Mate, the app is in the testing stage and it's only available in UK just temporarily, I don't think the queen has anything to do with this.
But you can play the PC version on tablet if you use the Puffin browser. It's not very comfortable but works for me when I'm on the go.

Thanks for the advice on the Puffin Browser, it may be the answer for me to continue with the event while away camping. I currently use the app a lot and with no event on it, I could use that to complete and move on with the quests which would be great. :)

DeletedUser171

Yeah well I'm frustrated, never had this problem before and I play a lot of games. I could do the "work around" but I'd rather not as i have a tendency of spending money x_x. I'll give puffin a go.

Edit: Just like every other web browser for flash on android, it sucks. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nymis

Alchemist
So far I am finding the mobile game a good way to stay on top of production but miss my fellowship.

Will there be an announcement before the new changes or will the updates be implemented without any fanfare?

I noticed there are 24 items loaded on the pc version, is the idea to work up from the current 16?

Thanx :)

I second the announcements! Please can we have somewhere where we can see what updates have been made?
I noticed that the patch notes for updates in iOS only tend to say "bug fixes" unless I've missed when it actually had some details...
Can't wait until it's fully up and running! Still loving the app, using it every day when I'm away from my PC (such as at work, shhh!)

DeletedUser3811

First I'd like to say to the developers, Thank you for finished the US APP for Elvenar! :) I am a happy camper again now that I can play while out-of-town! :)

I haven't finished reading the full thread here, but as I'm going out-of-town today and have a lot to do before doing so; however, I'm posting things that might already be suggested.

I am using the Mobile version in the US & it is fantastic for the trips I make particularly when I don't have access to a computer or at home when hubby wants to go to sleep for work the next day! (How dare he interrupt the growth in my cities! JK). I have a few suggestions in order of priority (after you get the tourney, events & visits done please) as follows:

1. Don't forget to incorporate game mail as the FS communicates their absences via game mail as sometimes your message might be too long to put in chat! It should be a priority in the list IMHO! :) I have no way to communicate with anyone in the guild when I am out-of-town :(

2. I recommend that allowing gamers to use the spells and building them be on the top list too as I cannot do anything for those while out-of-town.

3. Reverse where login and new player are located as you log in frequently if you are on more than one server!

4. If feasible, a second row of logins would probably be nice for everyone. Going to the beta server at the tail end is a long trip! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.