• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbours...

DeletedUser487

Hi all,

Recently with the inclusion of gold mines to replace cities where there is no player, I looked at all my neighbours I have discovered and have come to the conclusion that 15 out of 85 are actively playing the game, which I'm given to believe is actually pretty good...

I've seen the number 30 flying around the forum lately, referring to the number of days a player has been inactive before their account has been deleted. To what extent is that actually adhered to? Is there someone who checks individual players for when they last logged in?

The attached photo shows a player that has been inactive for as long as I can remember.

Do you think there should be a way for players to report others who they think are active? How can we resolve the problem of inactive neighbours?

Attachments

• rsz_moggy.jpg
    rsz_moggy.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 99

DeletedUser1265

I think the "rule" is, if the player spent premium currency their city remains - unless they request that it is removed. Based on the premium culture building in that snap it seems that that is your case, which (for lack of another word) sucks.

DeletedUser487

I think the "rule" is, if the player spent premium currency their city remains - unless they request that it is removed. Based on the premium culture building in that snap it seems that that is your case, which (for lack of another word) sucks.
I didn't know about the premium thing. But yeah it sucks when the player clearly does not play anymore.

DeletedUser1265

I can't remember where I read it - it was ages ago, but I will see if I can find it for you.

DeletedUser487

I've re-read the game rules which state an account "may be deleted after 30 days of inactivity", meaning that it's not always the case. I still think if we could flag up a player who is inactive. it might make the identification process more apparent to the devs.

DeletedUser1265

I agree, especially if they have been inactive for an extended period of time - as is the case with yours.

DeletedUser1265

Hi, I went digging...

Here is the info I was referring to "Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted."

Based on that we could argue that the city should be deleted but the premium resources remain in "storage", almost like a holding account. Just e-mail the player and give them a heads up or the option of informing the team that they intend on returning.

DeletedUser487

Yeah that's the same bit I read. I would go as far as to say that a player can retain their diamonds, of course, but anything they've already spent is gone.

DeletedUser1265

Yes, I see, sorry. It is almost pumpkin hour, so my brain is turning to soup.

I think it could become tricky with consumer acts and the like, I would wonder about the legality there of. However, I guess you accept the terms and conditions of the game, so there is very little recourse. It would be so much easier if they could just "leave" the map, I am not aware of many that return to "rebuild" after being totally inactive for months. It seems unlikely.

DeletedUser1816

In the beginning Inno deleted all inactive accounts afer 30 days. But there was an outcry of the community: "I've spent so much money/diamods on the game, you can't delete it!" So Inno changed their policy. Now cities are only deleted if: 1. they didn't spend diamonds, 2. the didn't reach chapter 3.
If either 1 or 2 is fulfilled, the cities will stay forever.

DeletedUser487

In the beginning Inno deleted all inactive accounts afer 30 days. But there was an outcry of the community: "I've spent so much money/diamods on the game, you can't delete it!" So Inno changed their policy. Now cities are only deleted if: 1. they didn't spend diamonds, 2. the didn't reach chapter 3.
If either 1 or 2 is fulfilled, the cities will stay forever.

Really? That's a true shame for the active players. I dunno if it would be possible to move players to "active" locations, like the neighbourhood system in Forge of Empires.

DeletedUser1265

I dunno if it would be possible to move players to "active" locations, like the neighbourhood system in Forge of Empires.

That would be really useful. Do they move fellowships together? As most of the active fellows in my neighbourhood have joined our fellowship.

DeletedUser487

Well in Forge of Empires there are three tabs at the bottom of the screen, neighbourhood, friends and guild members. I am pretty sure (might be wrong) that in that game, if you are an active player with inactive neighbours, after a while you get moved. The problem with Elvenar is that players have a fixed position on the map with the relevant resource boosts according to the tile they occupy. I also don't know how a system for moving such people would work. Maybe there are two or three active neighbours you collaborate with and then one day they or you are moved! I think a relocation option could work for fellowships. You would lose out on gold income though, as you would be mostly surrounded by your fellowship, as opposed to fellowship plus non-fellowship players.

DeletedUser1816

Apparently Inno has been working on the problem of inactive neighbourhoods for months. A solution seems difficult to find...

DeletedUser1265

Yip, it does seem that way, it was mentioned during a recent Q&A

DeletedUser3246

I dont have a single active person in my area for months and still nothing :/

DeletedUser487

Sorry to hear that @Khebeln, as far as I know the process is automatic? Not sure how it is decided though. Hope you get moved into an active area!

DeletedUser3097

Hi @Khebeln,

One or two suggestions, might help... or might not...

1) Have you got this box checked so you are automatically moved? (bottom right-hand corner of in-game screen, click on cog, click on second cog)

move to better position.png

2. Are you in a fellowship with lots of good trading?

3. @GregoriousIV is correct, movement is an automatic process so it's a matter of waiting....:)

Hope your situation improves for you soon.

DeletedUser

I would not hold my breath waiting for a move. I've been keeping track of all my explored neighbors in a spreadsheet for several months since they announced player movement and not a single person ( including myself ) have been moved into or out of my area. The only movement out of my area is when a player was completely removed from the game ( I checked using the player search to confirm they were completely gone and not in an new area ) and were replaced with a gold mine. No players moved into my area either except brand new players with Chapter 1 cities.

It used to be that about 25% of my neighbors would be deleted and be replaced with gold mines and then Chapter 1 players on a weekly basis. This has seemed to have stopped as well and in the last month or a little more and it is the same players every day with absolutely no change. This includes players that were inactive when I started and have never played at all in the time that I have went from Chapter 1 to the Fairy chapter. A few of them have had their main hall under construction this entire time, but as they passed the required chapter or bought diamonds, we are all just out of luck.

Player movement did work when I used to play beta, but it seems to be dead here. If it is ongoing, it is certainly not a fair system as it doesn't seem to spread out over all areas of the map.

Alcaro

Necromancer
all this thing is happening because players are allowed to have multiple accounts everywhere. They are opening city after city until they get one with the desired boosted goods. This means that we have to get used with ghosts city all around us.

Also, because there isn't an easy way to delete an undesired city of your own. I opened one city in en2 first, then in en1. If it were the option to delete that 2nd city I would have use it. At least I couldn't find anything like that. Devs should know better, ppl will not notify or e-mail the devs in order to delete a not wanted city.